IGNORED

Wrestling talk

Finn balor

Fandango usually tweets Everton, good to see he has started following us, even if we didnt play his song!

Hell in the Cell is shaping up to be interesting too, cant be worse then Battleground, that was piss poor. Anyone going to any of the live events in November? Im going to the Raw show on the 11th in Manchester, Purple Aki sign an all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's arguably the second biggest event in the industry after Wrestlemania but only ever been in attendance at one (RR) event (New Orleans 2001) although can't even recall who "won" that night, although must have been Steve Austin as he faced Johnson for the then WWF title at Wrestlemania later that year. (Winner of Royal Rumble gets a title shot at the main event)

Can't watch as Sky Sports not available, and even if able, still wouldn't tune in. Fell out of favor with the WWE around 2004, 2005, and wouldn't even know most of todays roster. (Even then) It's damn stupid, as when a wrestler goes out of the ring, they sometimes sneak back in, or pull another opponent out, and the referee turns a blind eye (or simply doesn't spot it). Lot of action underway.

hope roman reigns wins it...probably won't but hopefully they'll push a small star!

on a side note had a wrestle with some lad who'd been doin it for years this evening! lost cos i tapped to an arm lock(really fuckin hurts) but i pushed him! gonna take it up proper to see how i do! it was so much fun!

The best way is not to use emotion faces (or whatever they resemble) altogether.

Had a look up at last nights winner as Batista, which someone I believe prophesized ahead of time.

Therefore he will face the then WWE champion at Wrestlemania later this year for a title shot (or is it for the World Heavyweight title)

Damn WWE caused a mess when they split into two brands with different champions.

• 1 month later...

So the road to Wrestlemania is starting to take place, not really happy with the way things have gone down.

Batista winning the Royal Rumble was a complete and utter joke, definitely did not deserve to walk back in and win straight away like that. Maybe would have copped less heat from the crowd if they had him come back as a surprise entrant and go on and win but that wasn't to be.

Daniel Bryan - clearly the most over and loved with the crowd, how he's going to be stuck in a match with HHH and not main eventing is ridiculous.. IMO the main event should be a fatal four way between Bryan, Batista, Orton and Punk.

Guess Lesnar v Undertaker was always going to happen, can't see it being a great match in all honesty. Can see Wrestlemania as the end of The Shield unfortunately, hopefully as well Cena jobs to Bray Wyatt who has been nothing but impressive since his debut.

So the road to Wrestlemania is starting to take place, not really happy with the way things have gone down.

Batista winning the Royal Rumble was a complete and utter joke, definitely did not deserve to walk back in and win straight away like that. Maybe would have copped less heat from the crowd if they had him come back as a surprise entrant and go on and win but that wasn't to be.

Daniel Bryan - clearly the most over and loved with the crowd, how he's going to be stuck in a match with HHH and not main eventing is ridiculous.. IMO the main event should be a fatal four way between Bryan, Batista, Orton and Punk.

Guess Lesnar v Undertaker was always going to happen, can't see it being a great match in all honesty. Can see Wrestlemania as the end of The Shield unfortunately, hopefully as well Cena jobs to Bray Wyatt who has been nothing but impressive since his debut.

I didn't realize Lesnar was back involved once more. Saying that, don't watch or got little interest in the WWE now. But whoever faces 'Taker at Wrestlemania is facing a lost cause, as Calloway wins every year, has been since '91, and there's no way they're ever going to change it so long as he's involved. We know its all storylined with pre-determined outcomes, but (to) some of the more say 'less intelligent' or who go along with everything - you got to believe eventually, that's something's up.

Last 'Mania I watched was 21 from Los Angeles, and while a decent event that couldn't live up to the grandeur of the year before, haven't been keeping up with subsequent events.

While on the subject in question, purchased some DVD releases from past PPVs including one or two Unforgiven events, Breaking Point, and last but not least, Backlash 2004 (Benoit World Heavyweight Champion in triple threat stipulation with HBK and Triple H in Benoit's home town Edmonton (Canada, not North London)

Should be a worthwhile viewing experience when the time arises.

Punk's still contracted with WWE - I'm still holding on to some hope he'll be back in time for Wrestlemania.

The only way The Shield could end in somewhat of a satisfying scenario would be to have them in a triple threat match, feel that would be awesome. Would have been awesome if Reigns had won the Rumble and then won the title, having the belt amongst the group would have solidified their status as one of the best stables ever.

Agreed DK, no doubt the Undertaker will win, hopefully him and Lesnar can put on a great match.

Last time I saw Lesnar in a WWE match, it was against Goldberg around 2004. Maybe Wrestlemania, or a title on the line, but all I know is, it was one of the poorest matches you could hope to see. I think at the time, it was both mens last match in the company, and the end result was a very disappointed audience.

You may as well skip the Calloway / Lesnar match up if you're able to watch. For one thing, the Undertaker takes longer to get to the ring than actual time spent inside, Lesnar would appear to be a poor imitation of his former self, and as before, you know there's only going to be one winner.

Does Garcia still announce matches ? That is one irritating slag.

Lesnar is the best all rounder in the Wwe. His match with taker will a least give the crowd a chance to suspend their disbelief that taker won't win. Batista has turned which maybe will allow punk or Bryan to main event. I think they may tease the shield splitting up until mania due to their awesome match with the wyatts

I recently watched the Unforgiven PPV from 2004 they held in Portland, Oregon and despite the main event match with Orton and HHH, it was a largely disappointing card. It's stupid when names like Shawn Michaels pick up a win over wrestlers that should beat him out of sight. There wasn't even a match for the WWE title ?

Given an '18' certificate for some reason. I never saw any evidence that warranted such a classification.

Trying to get hold of Summerslam 2002 when Rock faced Lesnar, but have been unsuccessful in finding a copy in any reliable retailers.

Viewed the Backlash pay-per-view from 2004 last night

Benoit retains the world title in a triple threat (what the did crowd expect as a home favorite) and best match of the night was a then rising Orton and Cactus Jack in a hardcore mess.

Main event was disappointing. But a good many added features, but still not worth the price of purchase.

Had the good fortune to be present at two past wrestlemania events, and it's an experience that you'll take with you forever, but as always, just lost interest in the industry in recent years and wouldn't even be able to name 95 per cent of who's on the Raw and Smackdown brands now, not to mention, who is champion of which title. As with just about everything else today, all about the goddamn commercial aspect of things, and (any) viewing pleasure would seem to take a second seat. 'Pleased' if Cena is indeed not part of the main event this time - one overrated figure and never understood the appeal.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Wrestlemania done.

Expected and was glad that Daniel Bryan walked out champion, well done to the lad!

Still in shock though about the Undertaker's streak finally coming to an end, going down to Brock Lesnar. 21-1 seems as though it will be the final straw in his career, the match itself looked beyond him at times.

Other than that decent results, overall pleased with the event as a whole.

Fucking hell, Callaway lost a match at Wrestlemania ?

Only taken 23 years for this to occur. Wasn't even aware Wrestlemania was last night, although haven't watched this event since around 2005 in my defense.

Undertaker can't have many more years left in him as an able athlete so surprised they didn't allow him to see it out as remaining unbeaten. I don't know who Bryan is, although seen the name before. At least it makes a change from Triple H or Cena or any of the usual names winning the gold each time, but other than that, just about lost all in interest in what occurs in the industry now, but that Lesnar match loss did raise a genuine surprise.