IGNORED

Stoke City (Home).

Zoo

I'll take a 1-0 against that shithouse of a club. They are pathetic, i wouldnt be arsed if they did a pompey in the near future except they went under, they are a disgrace to football.

Thought we played well considering the new formation, going to take some getting used to though i think. Nobody really stood out perfomance wise except mirallas and he seemed to take his foot off the gas the last few mins he was on. Ref was a joke as usual, wtf was barkley booked for? And that FK at the end was pathetic! Bet that bellend pulis still comes on with something to complain about though. Cant stand that fucking football club and their joke fans.

Guessing it's not the first time we've been last on motd? Although it is expected when you play Stoke.

#MOTD @2230: 1.Soton/Chelsea 2.Swans/Spurs 3.Arsenal/Reading 4.Wigan/Norwich 5.ManCity/Newcastle 6.WestHam/WBA 7.Sund/ManU 8.Everton/Stoke

Does anybody still watch that motd? Who gives a toss what those muppets think? Seen the match already, and can watch another 20 mins on the OS if I get bored. 45 seconds of their highlights are not worth switching the tv on.

Does anybody still watch that motd? Who gives a toss what those muppets think? Seen the match already, and can watch another 20 mins on the OS if I get bored. 45 seconds of their highlights are not worth switching the tv on.

They will make it look as if Stoke were unlucky too.

I mute most of it and watch it to see highlights of the other games.

Tony Pulis is delusional, his team did fuck all day. The only tactic they had was to try and kick shit out of our players. The man is a knob.

I think most of the Stoke fans would probably agree with you. A shite game for the most part, some of our tactics and general play at times was just hilarious. Mirallas scored a cracker though and i hope he is not hurt to badly, he is clearly becoming a vital part to the team. A good 3 points in the end.

Because of that comment ^ I've actually just jumped onto a Stoke City forum (Oakcake Fanzine) and started reading what people are talking about. Apparently they are baffled that Pulis is still in charge considering how shite they are doing and some are even saying that they could realistically be playing Championship football next season.

I tell you, for all he pisses me off I'd rather have Moyes than some buffoon like Pulis.

Guessing it's not the first time we've been last on motd? Although it is expected when you play Stoke.

#MOTD @2230: 1.Soton/Chelsea 2.Swans/Spurs 3.Arsenal/Reading 4.Wigan/Norwich 5.ManCity/Newcastle 6.WestHam/WBA 7.Sund/ManU 8.Everton/Stoke

Sunderland/United has gone from seventh to first on the back of O'Neill's sacking.

Not impressive but certainly workman like. Its about time we started grinding out these wins as it is what Moyes and Everton used to be known for.

Like a couple of comments above I wandered what had happened to Moyes when Barkley was looking to come on after around 60mins, and while the sub was delayed it was actually a very good sub because it was exactly what we needed. Over than maybe some more fresh legs a little later on he did well in that department. Barkley certainly didnt look out of place and game time is exactly what he needs.

Credit where credit is due to Moyes, he mixed it up today and while it wasnt a raging success we got the 3 points from it. I initially thought that using Baines & Coleman as wingbacks would help but tbh it stiffled them a little and they are better coming from that little bit further back.

The 3 forwards showed glimpses of what they can do but a lot of the time they were disjointed and didnt really know where they should be.

The midfield two actually did pretty well imo. Where they had that extra cover they both tried to influence the play higher up the pitch and Gibson in particular caught my eye for some of his runs and his slide balls. He is the best passer at the club and we should be taking advantage of that by getting him higher up the pitch.

Overall it worked enough today, but given the very different test we will get against Spurs, I cant see the experiment lasting for long!

This could either get everyone excited, or make me look like an optimistic fool.. I'll say it anyway.

Should we beat spurs, we'll be three points off them (third place) with a game in hand. The next two games following that are QPR home and Sunderland away. Maybe Europe isn't so out of the question aftee all. If we can topple two out of Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs I think we'll make top 5. But all those games are away. Too optimistic?

I missed any, and all, action from today, as been busy since the word go, but read a write-up on a rival page and it says Stoke City played bully-boy tactics again and more roughneck action. Mirallas got the only goal, appears it was something special, and it's three points in the endeavor for a european place, and I read it's still a feasible opportunity this season to obtain a runners-up position, which it may be, mathematically, but realize that a UEFA cup place is the most likely outcome here. Well done to all involved in getting this victory today and we still have ourselves a decent chance of european trips next season.

Appears the excellent beauts at the BBC put us on last again for match day highlights ? Damn surprise. Needless to say, I didn't watch it.