IGNORED

Stoke City (Home).

Zoo

Stoke%20City%20rendered_badge%20rgb%20we

This might be a little early but I was in the mood to start another match-day thread. The Stoke City game is a perfect chance for us to build on the amazing performance against Manchester City when we won 2-0. The first time we played this season it finished 1-1 with Kenwayne Jones netting a late leveler after Tim Howard flapped at his attempt.

If we win this then Champions League football could well be on the cards considering that we have both Arsenal & Tottenham to play in the near future. I think that if we win this game we will get Europa (as with two wins on the bounce we could start a decent run in to the end of the season).

Stoke themselves are 11th in the Premier League and have just been told that their striker, Michael Owen plans to make the 2012-2013 season his last.

Never confident of anything more than a point when playing stoke. Id like to see Fellaini play deep to combat their inevitable aerial attack. No doubt they'll try and bait him to get a repeat of last game. Hopefully we can feed some clean ball to Jela and get him firing again. I'll back us against arsenal and Tottenham for at least draws in the coming weeks, so if we can get a win here I think we'll be well in the hunt, and not just trying to keep arsenal within our sights like we have been in recent weeks.

Never confident of anything more than a point when playing stoke. Id like to see Fellaini play deep to combat their inevitable aerial attack. No doubt they'll try and bait him to get a repeat of last game. Hopefully we can feed some clean ball to Jela and get him firing again. I'll back us against arsenal and Tottenham for at least draws in the coming weeks, so if we can get a win here I think we'll be well in the hunt, and not just trying to keep arsenal within our sights like we have been in recent weeks.

Don't worry, I doubt he'll even make the bench for this oneafro.gif

Two enforced changes in midfield. Might see Moyes play Heitinga there in order to restore Jagielka to the defence if he is fit. He certainly deserves to keep his place based on last weekend.

I'm guessing it will be Naismith for Pienaar. Pretty sure we have it in us to grind out a win as long as we defend set pieces properly.

Edited by weebittight

And here we start the roller coaster ride that is Everton's current form... Up and down, huge down, massive up. We can't afford to let up and rest... I'll make a prediction next week... Never know what injuries we might pick up with the friendlies.

Hopefully none, we can't be doing with injuries in this business part of the season. I agree with what Mike said earlier though, I'd keep our defence how it was against Manchester City as it's proved to be a winner.

Stoke are not as hard to brake down as previous season's and seem to struggle to find the net and their away form is average at best...

I think if we come out of the blocks like we did against City then we really shouldn't have to much trouble the only thing that slightly worries Me is set pieces with their height and Our pretty woeful recent form in dealing with them it could cause us a bit of trouble.

---------------------Mucha

Coleman ---Heitinga------Distin---Baines

--------------------Gibson

Mirallas------------Osman--------Oviedo

-----------------Vic

-------------------------Jelavic

Not really many other options unless the unlikely happens with Barkley but I feel like Moyes will revert back to his yard dog and We may see the dreadful pairing of Neville and Osman in the middle :(

3-1 Jelavic Brace and super Kev

Edited by EFC-Paul

---------------------Mucha

Coleman ---Heitinga------Distin---Baines

--------------------Gibson

Mirallas------------Osman--------Oviedo

-----------------Vic

-------------------------Jelavic

Would expect pretty much the same, with the one omission of Oviedo for Naismith. Hope not, but expect it to

I did another fan questionnaire on Loveeverton if anybody wants to read it. Quite a lot of answers from the Stoke lads

http://loveeverton.proboards.com/thread/95/everton-stoke-30th-march-2013

They sound very much like us regarding Pulis etc, which surprised me a lot.

I notice they've only scored 27 goals all season, and their defence hasn't been great since Christmas, so we should be favourites to nick it. Just hoping Moyes goes with Anichebe and Oviedo, and not Neville and Naismith.

Late kick off though. unsure.png