IGNORED

North Korea approve Nuclear strike on USA

Louis

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gpuimXzka5inwGnL0c9vZsbQ54fw?docId=CNG.4eb43e27607cb9d4be6b952b88ddefeb.01

SEOUL The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States, involving the possible use of "cutting-edge" nuclear weapons.

In a statement published by the official KCNA news agency, the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA) said it was formally informing Washington that reckless US threats would be "smashed by... cutting-edge smaller, lighter and diversified nuclear strike means".

"The merciless operation of (our) revolutionary armed forces in this regard has been finally examined and ratified," the statement said.

"The US had better ponder over the prevailing grave situation," it added.

North Korea had threatened a "pre-emptive" nuclear strike against the United States a month ago, and last week the supreme army command ordered its strategic rocket units to combat status for strikes on the US mainland and US bases in Guam and Hawaii.

"The moment of explosion is approaching fast," Thursday's statement said, adding that a war could break out on the Korean peninsula "today or tomorrow".

"In view of this situation, the KPA General Staff in charge of all operations will take powerful practical military counteractions in succession," it said.

Despite a successful long-range rocket launch in December, most experts believe North Korea is years from developing a genuine inter-continental ballistic missile that could strike the mainland United States.

Hawaii and Guam would also be outside the range of its medium-range missiles, which would be capable, however, of striking US bases in South Korea and Japan.

The army statement said responsibility for the current crisis "entirely rests" with the United States, citing the participation of nuclear-capable US B-52s and B-2 stealth bombers in ongoing joint military drills with South Korea.

"Never has the whole Korean peninsula been exposed to such danger of a nuclear war as today," it added.

I don't think the EU would allow nuclear attack from either side, so time they quit with the bollocks and put their toys away.

That would be the sensible option. I don't see whats worth losing thousands of lives over, I don't like how the US feel the need to stick their noses into everything but North Korea do seem to be nut-jobs. I think it's a case of kicking their arse before they get too big and become a genuine threat.

I'm sorry, but for me it's the Americans who need to wind their necks in.

I don't think the EU would allow nuclear attack from either side, so time they quit with the bollocks and put their toys away.

why? Theyre supporting their allies and not actually entering into North Korean waters or airspace, nor are they threatening nuclear strikes!

Why weren't the good old U.S of A in there years ago???, whooping butt, shouting "oorah!", fighting the good fight for freedom, crushing an oppressive regime, ridding the threat of weapons of mass destruction.

Well oil be damned if I know.

:lol:

probably because they werent a threat 10 years ago, slick ;)

This is kind of funny. From what ive read, North Korea are basically spitting their dummy out over not being able to test their nucular weapons and over America flying into their airspace during war games. A lot of what ive read has also said the missiles theyve planned to launch havent even been tested yet and they're is a lot of doubt over whether they could even reach japan, nevermind the mainland US.

If you've heard the golf story, i wouldnt even take them seriously.

Reminds me a lot of the Film "Team America" :lol:

no-one really knows much about what occurs in North Korea. They keep themselves to themselves, and 90 per cent of activities goes unnoticed by the outside world. They still have issues with the South, and as we have 30,000 men stationed in the latter and the sum total here would be to try to take out the communist regime, but only likely if an attack or offensive actually takes place. This is hardly a first for warring neighbors or at odds with each other, but the Korean government of the South wouldn't even allow the United States to launch a regime change as Bush went for with Afghanistan 10 years ago, but if the north became all out belligerent there would be a change in reasoning. The North has moved a missile of 'considerable range' to it's east side, as reported by the South defense minister but there's nothing to suggest any conflict or that they are indeed preparing for any hostile activities. No-one knows for sure if the North has improved it's nuclear capabilities or it's merely hot air. This intended missile the North has in mind, may well not even be able to reach the US itself. Japan and the South would be more plausible targets and even the accuracy of the said missile would be questionable. As someone put it - I don't believe North Korea has the capacity to attack the United States with nuclear weapons mounted on missiles, and won't for many years. Its ability to target and strike South Korea is also very limited. It's thought the North has the plutonium available to put together some crude nuclear devices, with the intention to re-start a reactor towards these ends. Above all else, North Korea would realize that any nuclear attack of it's own would be met with a severe response on it's own nation. Can only watch this situation closely

All foreign embassys have been told to evacuate N. Korea by the N. Korean government as their safety can not be guaranteed after the 10th April.

2 mid distance robots with a 3000km range have been made ready by N. Korea. Can reach Japan and perhaps even US bases in Guam.

There might be more to this than a mad dog barking. Might also be a mad dog biting.

All foreign embassys have been told to evacuate N. Korea by the N. Korean government as their safety can not be guaranteed after the 10th April.

2 mid distance robots with a 3000km range have been made ready by N. Korea. Can reach Japan and perhaps even US bases in Guam.

There might be more to this than a mad dog barking. Might also be a mad dog biting.

Russia has already piped up to tell them to stop dicking around, I imagine China will shortly.

Mad dog bites you put it down.

If they do anything they'll regret it pretty quick I think.....but I don't think they will; it's just the little fat leader showing the military he's a tough dude.