IGNORED

Confirmed Pre-Season Fixtures

Louis

All kick-off times given are British Summer Time.

FK Austria Wien - 14 July

Generali Arena, Vienna (formerly known as Franz Horr Stadium)

Kick-off: 4pm

Accrington Stanley - 17 July

Storefirst Stadium, Accrington

Kick-off: 7.45pm

Blackburn Rovers - 27 July

Ewood Park, Blackburn

Kick-off: 2pm

----

Guiness International Champions Cup

Juventus - 1 August

AT&T Stadium, San Francisco (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair - Scott Mckenzie)

Kick-off: 4am (8pm PDT)

Real Madrid - 4 August

Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles

Kick-off: 1am (5pm PDT)

Valencia, AC Milan, Chelsea or Inter Milan - 6 to 7 August

Sunlife Stadium, Miami (the city that keeps the roof blazin' - Will Smith)

Kick-off: 11:30pm on 6 August or 2am on 7 August (6:30pm or 9pm EDT) depending on results

----

Real Betis - 11 August

Goodison Park, Liverpool

Kick-off: 3pm

The Miami times can't be right. They would translate to 9:30pm and midnight.

I can see I shall have to schedule a business meeting there close to that date. :)

Good spot, I was still converting it as PDT, not realising that Miami was in EDT.

Not necessarily. We've had shit pre-seasons before and then had brilliant seasons, and vice versa.

All with David Moyes. If this season goes badly then Martinez will have to pull something out of the hat in order to get us off to a good start. Fans will want to see Martinez with a winning mentality in these first games.

All with David Moyes. If this season goes badly then Martinez will have to pull something out of the hat in order to get us off to a good start. Fans will want to see Martinez with a winning mentality in these first games.

I think fans can forgive the team for losing against teams like Juve, Milan and Real Madrid. Its a brilliant position for Martinez, he can be a hero but he cant really be a failure from start. (unless Accrington slaughters us)

Ha ha. Is Rhodes as good as his stats look ?

Yea. He just scores goals. Give him chances and he'll score, even in our awful, awful team. I dread to think how soon we'd have been relegated without him.

Some criticise him for not creating chances for others as much as he should, but imo that's the job for the other players. I think I'd rather have a striker who can score 27 in a season rather than someone who can hold the ball up and score 6/7.

He's supposed to be on big wages though, and we've got £8m to make back on him before we make a profit so I think that's what might stop others from coming in for him.

It's far too premature, but it's been like that for as long as most can remember. This season has only just finished, and they bring out the new listings at this early stage ? Even bet we get a heavyweight name on the last day, play Liverpool at home in the autumn and away in March/April. They're supposed to be random, but can never buy into that.