IGNORED

Bosman watch

You honestly have weird tastes in footballers, Av :D Shawcross, Doyle, Ebanks Blake, Carlton Cole...

Blake has always been in the corner of my eye since his Championship season before he came to the Prem. Cole is only 29, and Simpson looked decent in Newcastles big year.

I would like Simpson at the club but again it is his attitude I don't like but could be wrong though.

If we could afford his wages I would like Malouda at the club. (Don't like his attitude either but think he would add something else to our lineup)

Even Arshavin up to a point. (I know he is a lazy a££ but if Martinez could get him to use some energy now and again then why not?)

I would like Simpson at the club but again it is his attitude I don't like but could be wrong though.

If we could afford his wages I would like Malouda at the club. (Don't like his attitude either but think he would add something else to our lineup)

Even Arshavin up to a point. (I know he is a lazy a££ but if Martinez could get him to use some energy now and again then why not?)

I thought about Malouda, but both his age, and that of Arshavin put me off. 3 seasons ago, Malouda was hot, but not done too much since. Arshavin was a bad buy for Arsenal and never really hit form.

I thought about Malouda, but both his age, and that of Arshavin put me off. 3 seasons ago, Malouda was hot, but not done too much since. Arshavin was a bad buy for Arsenal and never really hit form.

Yeah I know but I think Malouda would still be able to compete at PL level. I would prefer Malouda to Arshavin even though there both planks.

I think Doyle, Carlton Cole, and maybe Danny Simpson would all add something as squad players (although I'm less keen on him because we have better cover at rightback), but definitely not starting 11 players. Malouda would be a good signing assuming he still has some sort of work ethic. If it's true that Chris Brunt is available on a free, I think that'd be a good signing.

Wouldn't come near any of the players mentioned so far. Malouda and Arshavin are fin de carrière. Ebanks-Blake already proved he isn't a Premier League striker in his 3 seasons in the Premier League, let alone a striker that's going to help us push on. Carlton Cole isn't good enough for West Ham, so he isn't good enough for us, tall and strong but not a good footballer, we've already got Vic and he's faster too. Doyle is a decent work-horse, that's not what I want, we should be looking to get the kind of class in that's going to push us into Europe.

We shouldn't want anything to do with this guy, Newcastle have pushed him out of the club for a reason too.

The one I might consider is Frimpong. He's young and strong and agressive and we don't have a lot of ball-winners at the club apart from Fellaini at the moment. We would still have to teach him how to play football though.

Edited by Steve_E

Wouldn't come near any of the players mentioned so far. Malouda and Arshavin are fin de carrière. Ebanks-Blake already proved he isn't a Premier League striker in his 3 seasons in the Premier League, let alone a striker that's going to help us push on. Carlton Cole isn't good enough for West Ham, so he isn't good enough for us, tall and strong but not a good footballer, we've already got Vic and he's faster too. Doyle is a decent work-horse, that's not what I want, we should be looking to get the kind of class in that's going to push us into Europe.

We shouldn't anything to do with this guy, Newcastle have pushed him out of the club for a reason too.

The one I might consider is Frimpong. He's young and strong and agressive and we don't have a lot of ball-winners at the club apart from Fellaini at the moment. We would still have to teach him how to play football though.

Good point on Carlton Cole being an older Vic, agreed on Ebanks-Blake, definitely on Arshavin and I'm not sure whether Malouda has one to two decent seasons left in him. But I think Doyle is a decent player who would be a great bench player compared with the current crop of limp-dicked mediocrity that we have as squad players... You have to remember that our squad is tiny, so adding a squad player here or there could be a good thing. If we had a large squad of average players, there'd be no need to pick up a Kevin Doyle, but if we have a quality first 11, but are lacking beyond that, I think he'd be a decent signing. Not sure how I feel about Frimpong, he's young and hyped up, but I haven't seen much from him.Then again I hardly watched Charlton + Fulham this year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022332/Chris-Brunt-signs-year-contract-extension-West-Brom.html

It says Brunt has agreed terms on a three-year contract extension, plus a further season's option in the club's favour, potentially taking him up to the end of the 2014-2015 campaign.

What does plus a further seasons option in the clubs favour mean?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022332/Chris-Brunt-signs-year-contract-extension-West-Brom.html

It says Brunt has agreed terms on a three-year contract extension, plus a further season's option in the club's favour, potentially taking him up to the end of the 2014-2015 campaign.

Probably meaning that the club can activate a clause extending his contract by a year?

I think it means the club have the option to keep him for another year, as opposed to the player having the option to add another year.

Good point on Carlton Cole being an older Vic, agreed on Ebanks-Blake, definitely on Arshavin and I'm not sure whether Malouda has one to two decent seasons left in him. But I think Doyle is a decent player who would be a great bench player compared with the current crop of limp-dicked mediocrity that we have as squad players... You have to remember that our squad is tiny, so adding a squad player here or there could be a good thing. If we had a large squad of average players, there'd be no need to pick up a Kevin Doyle, but if we have a quality first 11, but are lacking beyond that, I think he'd be a decent signing. Not sure how I feel about Frimpong, he's young and hyped up, but I haven't seen much from him.Then again I hardly watched Charlton + Fulham this year.

I believe we don't have that quality first 11 striker though, while we do already have the squad players in Jelavic and Vic.

I believe we don't have that quality first 11 striker though, while we do already have the squad players in Jelavic and Vic.

Isn't Doyle a left-winger? Whoops... I was thinking of Matt Jarvis I think.. Fair point. If he was a left-winger, I'd say he'd have a place in our squad, but probably not as a striker.

We need players who are willing to sit on a bench, as well as first 11.

We can't afford a squad of quality starters, so adding to our numbers with these type players is an option. Hitz was a good example. Cost nothing, sat as back up if needed as a squad player. If we get injuries to key players it can kill our season, so having decent players to make the numbers up is worthwhile.

Blake played for a relegation fodder side in the Prem, but still scored more goals in his 3 seasons than Anichebe or Jelavic did. In the Championship, he scored 35 in the year that caught my eye. He wouldn't need big wages, and would be an ideal squad striker.

We need players who are willing to sit on a bench, as well as first 11.

We can't afford a squad of quality starters, so adding to our numbers with these type players is an option. Hitz was a good example. Cost nothing, sat as back up if needed as a squad player. If we get injuries to key players it can kill our season, so having decent players to make the numbers up is worthwhile.

Blake played for a relegation fodder side in the Prem, but still scored more goals in his 3 seasons than Anichebe or Jelavic did. In the Championship, he scored 35 in the year that caught my eye. He wouldn't need big wages, and would be an ideal squad striker.

If we are to improve, we should be looking to relegate some of our current regulars into those squad players rather than keep the same starting 11 and add "decent" backups. Vic is better than Ebanks Blake and would be a good squad player, what we need is a new top quality striker.

If we are to improve, we should be looking to relegate some of our current regulars into those squad players rather than keep the same starting 11 and add "decent" backups. Vic is better than Ebanks Blake and would be a good squad player, what we need is a new top quality striker.

I agree on the relegation thing, but I'm not sure we can afford a top quality striker and still be able to address everything else. Hence why I'd be looking at the Championship strikers in the hope they are the next Van Persie.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/everton/the-ten-bosman-transfers-everton-must-consider

Apart from Weiss (cracking possibility), I either know enough about the others to not want them or not know enough to want them

I was aware of Weiss from the City fans during my time on their forum years ago, and back then, he was their brightest talent in an excellent youth system.

As for the others, they're just nicking my ideas. (I didn't write that article, honestly lol) :lol:

These are out of contract from the Belgian pro league so maybe Steve E knows a bit more about them (if he's the guy living in Belgium, that is?)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics_BE1_2013.html

Sinan Bolat could be decent cover for Howard. 24 year old goal keeper, Turkey international. He's been injured this season though. He's been linked with some of the big Turkish clubs and Fulham. Like most goalkeepers he has pretty good reflexes, but he excells at restarting play. He's got accurate long-range kicks and good throwing range, always tries to start play again fast. He'll always come of his line for crosses, but he does miss the ball sometimes.

He'd fit in a possession style play. You can always pass it back to him at either of his feet and he'll deal with it comfortably. You could compare him to David De Gea in terms of style. I'd actually quite like him here.

The rest of them are crap.

Edited by Steve_E

From Brazil there's Ronaldinho

From Italy there's Flamini and

From Portugal there's Aimar

And from Russia there's Honda

To be honest the first three are finished, but Honda could be quite a coupe for free! Not to mention the exposure in Japan.

To be honest the first three are finished, but Honda could be quite a coupe for free! Not to mention the exposure in Japan.

Can't decide whether that's you being really clever (Honda/coupe) or whether it's a mistake (should be coup).

:worship[1]: if it's the first but :Grammar Police: if it's the second!