IGNORED

Jorginho

Sounds good but we need a centre midfielder really as opposed to another winger especially if we are in advanced talks to sign victor Moses as well. We have Mirallas, Deulofeu, pienaar, Oviedo all players who can play out wide with Moses a possibility of coming in. We are weak in the centre of midfield with only really Fellini, osman and Gibson having experience playing there we also have Barkley bit his best position is attacking midfield and we have pienaar who could play in the centre. Looks to me we need a playmaking centre midfielder or another defensive midfielder. But I'm liking Martinez thinking of going after fast quick wingers just feel if we get Moses on loan the rest of our money would be better spent on a centre midfielder

@Zizouology: Scouts of Liverpool and Everton are expected to be present for the Serie B match between Pro Vercelli and Verona (Calcio Mercato)

This tweet was from 14th December 2012 from someone who claims to be a football writer who interests in South American and European football Witt Brazil a main interest. Could suggest we have been scouting him and there is more substance to the reports

We really need to start a habit of quoting articles or at least giving a brief synopsis of what's going on. I'm too lazy to read through all the links and figure out whether it's just a couple writers fucking around and randomly naming Everton or if we're on the cusp of signing him :D

Its great just being linked with this guy. Big fan of his, saw a couple of games that he featured in last season. Commentators saying that him and Veratti (PSG, spelling?) are simular and as good as each other and perhaps the future of Italian football.

Verratti is great, if this guy is rated similar we'd be getting a steal at 9m. Jorginho seems to have a bit more to him physically as well.

@Zizouology: Scouts of Liverpool and Everton are expected to be present for the Serie B match between Pro Vercelli and Verona (Calcio Mercato)

This tweet was from 14th December 2012 from someone who claims to be a football writer who interests in South American and European football Witt Brazil a main interest. Could suggest we have been scouting him and there is more substance to the reports

Those scouts and management team are gone.

I don't find it hard to believe at all. How do you think managers sign random players from different leagues around the world their scouts give them reports on what kind of player they are, their potential and their ability. So our head scout has gone and a new one has come in it doesn't make all of our previous scout reports and files from scouts that probably still remain at the club obsolete does it?

So you think our new Martinez team want the same players as the team before them? I find that difficult to believe Steve.

Why would that be difficult to believe? You think our scouts will just throw every scouting report they have made under Moyes in the bin? There's also no reports of Moyes ever moving for him btw. Just reports of Everton scouts watching him (not Moyes' scouts) from a couple of months ago, now there's reports of Everton (under manager Martinez) supposedly making an offer for him.

Our scouts will probably have a couple of names they like for each position in mind (at least they should) and while this guy may not have been a priority for Moyes, he might be for Martinez. I think it's possible Fer may have been the player Moyes liked best, the strong, athletic midfielder; while Martinez may prefer the midfielder with more technical ability, in this case Jorginho.

• 3 weeks later...

It's rumoured that a bid has been made.

€9m plus 20% sell on fee.

I did see that Louis but wondered if it was just a rehash of the story from a few weeks ago, it's very similar. Im trying to look round to see if i can find anything more concrete

Edited by Simon