IGNORED

Juventus

Romey 1878

This English commentator is nuts! Really doesn't rate Baines for some reason.

He's a retard. Among the stupid shit I've heard him say today: his solution for Everton competing without the financial means of the top clubs is to give our best players more money. And he said Baines will somehow have to run more as a "wing back". He's going to run high up the pitch in attack either way, so now he'll not have to run back as much, now he only has to run back into midfield as opposed to all the way back.

The spanish channel I'm watching the game in says that we are playing with 4 in the back. I'm not sure about that. Is it 3 or 5 in the back?

We're playing both depending on where the ball is. If it's still in Juve's half it's 3, if the ball is in front of our box it's 5.

Distin's pace/recovery speed at his age still impresses me.

We're playing both depending on where the ball is. If it's still in Juve's half it's 3, if the ball is in front of our box it's 5.

Cheers, thanks for clarifying. That makes a lot more sense than what the commentators were saying.

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

This English commentator is nuts! Really doesn't rate Baines for some reason.

He's a retard. Among the stupid shit I've heard him say today: his solution for Everton competing without the financial means of the top clubs is to give our best players more money. And he said Baines will somehow have to run more as a "wing back". He's going to run high up the pitch in attack either way, so now he'll not have to run back as much, now he only has to run back into midfield as opposed to all the way back.

Exactly this. He seems to have little knowledge of Everton and its players. He also said Pienaar had pace? I just don't see it.

Wing play just isn't really possible on a pitch this small. Mirallas just controlled a ball on his chest and turned inside and there were 3 Juve players waiting for him. You just can't stretch the defense this way, which also makes it harder to play through the middle.