IGNORED

Top 3 prem goal keepers

Ive seen a lot of good saves recently and it had me wondering who people rate as the top goalies are?

Mine are

1. Begovic - should be at at a top club. I can't see a weakness to his game.

2. Degea - although his build is slight and not great at crosses he makes up for it in his shot stopping

3.lloris - good on the deck, nothing fancy but solid

Ive seen a lot of good saves recently and it had me wondering who people rate as the top goalies are?

Mine are

1. Begovic - should be at at a top club. I can't see a weakness to his game.

2. Degea - although his build is slight and not great at crosses he makes up for it in his shot stopping

3.lloris - good on the deck, nothing fancy but solid

Id swap Lloris for Mignolet (I know, I will go wash my mouth out). De Gea is still learning but is already a very good keeper, you can see why SAF invested in him. Hes going to be a great keeper

Id swap Lloris for Mignolet (I know, I will go wash my mouth out). De Gea is still learning but is already a very good keeper, you can see why SAF invested in him. Hes going to be a great keeper

Yep Mignolet (spit, spit) is a great goalie, like Howard mind you when he's on form, Michael Vorm had a good season last year but is having a mare this year. Begovic I really do rate though.

Yep Mignolet (spit, spit) is a great goalie, like Howard mind you when he's on form, Michael Vorm had a good season last year but is having a mare this year. Begovic I really do rate though.

Vorm has had several injuries hasnt he? Howard is a great shot stopper (usually, Villa was a blip ;) )but hes lacking in some important areas of his game. Still, a great servant to our club and glad hes with us :)

Vorm is just out of the side because of injuries, no? Thought Mignolet is having a horrible season though.

Mignolets form has dipped a bit, mostly because his defence has been make-shift for the last couple of months, but Aug-Nov I thought he was very impressive

Lloris for me. He reads the game as well as any keeper out there and he is probably the best all round keeper too. He is the only one that stands out in the league IMO.

De Gea is a weird one because he makes saves he has no right to and then lets in a howler or fumbles a ball in the air. Definite promise though.

Vorm looks pretty good too, especially in terms of shot stopping and distribution. I havent seen much of him this season though.

The rest are all pretty solid keepers at this level (Begovic, Mignolet, Krul, Howard, Szechny, Cech etc).

I'd say Begovic is hands down the best keeper in the Prem - he'll get his big move and more recognition this summer.

Next up I'd say Lloris although there have been more and more mistakes creeping into his game this season.

The 3rd one is tricky - form wise Sczezny (sp?) has has his best season and been really consistent Cech is still a brilliant keeper, Howard has been really reliable as ever, Hart has had a tough year but is still a top keeper, De Gea looks great but is often prone to throwing one into his net, like Mingolet - one minute he looks like Peter Schmeical, the next minute he's flapping at a cross, even keepers like Guzan and Foster are top players. It's a shame Krul and Vorm have had injuries as they are top keepers too!

So in conclusion 1. Begovic 2. Lloris 3. Another!

Guest blueboy122

Since Mignolet's move to Liverpool I haven't been that impressed with him at all to be honest apart from the first month of the season. Think Jose Renia was a lot more accomplished keeper to be honest.

Begovic, De Gea, Cech for me.

Yeah, Begovic, De Gea and Lloris for me. Caveat is Courtois if he's Cech's successor, which I'm not sure is what will materialise.

Krul, Vorm, Mignolet, Howard, Boruc in the honourable mentions. Was generally a fan of McGregor too but that's probably my Rangers bias showing.

Edited by Nikica

Guest blueboy122

Yeah, Begovic, De Gea and Lloris for me. Caveat is Courtois if he's Cech's successor, which I'm not sure is what will materialise.

Krul, Vorm, Mignolet, Howard, Boruc in the honourable mentions. Was generally a fan of McGregor too but that's probably my Rangers bias showing.

Obviously your a rangers fan but thought I would ask anyway..

Whats that Frazer Forster like that plays for Celtic?

Is he actually any good?

Obviously your a rangers fan but thought I would ask anyway..

Whats that Frazer Forster like that plays for Celtic?

Is he actually any good?

Well to be honest mate I only watch them maybe ten to fifteen times a season, some of that in the CL. A lot of people up here think he flatters to deceive and there are flaws in his game - Celtic fans seem to love him however. I don't think he's that good with his feet and control (although he can kick the ball far) but he's generally a very good shot stopper and has good reflexes. He's not bad at organising the defence imo. The biggest issue is that there always seem to be a mistake in him, even when he is playing well I'd never ve confident in him not dropping a clanger. He also seems pretty clumsy at times too.

People who watch him every single week may well disagree with my views but this is what I have observed from watching him. He definitely isn't good enough to start for England and he's a step or two down from Boruc when he was at Celtic. There are people better placed than me to judge him as they will have seen him more regularly, but from what I have seen he is a decent enough goalkeeper, but also flawed and nothing particularly special.

Edited by Nikica

1. De Gea

2. Begovic

3. Lloris

I may be a little bias but De Gea for me is the best keeper in league. He was weak against crosses but I don't think its a problem anymore. He was brilliant throughout last season, this seaon he has suffered due to incompetence of our centerback.

Funny how much Joe Hart's stocks have gone down, makes me wonder who will be England's No.1 in worldcup.

Guest blueboy122

1. De Gea

2. Begovic

3. Lloris

I may be a little bias but De Gea for me is the best keeper in league. He was weak against crosses but I don't think its a problem anymore. He was brilliant throughout last season, this seaon he has suffered due to incompetence of our centerback.

Funny how much Joe Hart's stocks have gone down, makes me wonder who will be England's No.1 in worldcup.

Agreed I think De Gea is fantastic one of the best keepers in the world and is still a kid great bit of business he can be your goal keeper for the next 20 years.

That's why I was asking what that Forster is like at Celtic as no one seems sure Hart is a solid keeper now.

I personally think he is good goalkeeper but was massively over rated.