IGNORED

Why Does The Derby Mean So Much?

Rightly or wrongly..Liverpool fans are under the impression that Evertonians are more pre-occupied with looking forward to the derby games than anything else.

Every Evertonian ive spoken to in recent weeks has given me the same response:

"We'll get them this time" or "we'll do them this time"

Its as if nothing else matters in football to Evertonians than the prospect of a derby victory.

Edited by Redcard

The difference here is:

With us and Man Utd - we are 2 very successful clubs who compete for the top trophies year after year.

So thats why that game has added significance for us.

With Everton:

Its not as if they challenge us for trophy's on a yearly basis very often.

So that game means nothing to us apart from the local pride factor.

But with Everton fans..its as if winning a derby game is the be all and end all of their season.

The difference here is:

With us and Man Utd - we are 2 very successful clubs who compete for the top trophies year after year.

With Everton:

But with Everton fans..its as if winning a derby game is the be all and end all of their season.

40844[/snapback]

You make these comments but have any of us given you that impression?

I like the derby more than any game because its the best atmosphere and a day i always feel proud of our fans. Since Rooney went to Manure and we have been running chelsea to the wire at home those 2 games have moved up the list just for pure enjoyment factor.

Goldfish:

Every Evertonians ive spoken to has spoken of nothing but the derby's this season and the same expression is always used "We'll beat them this time, or "we'll get them this time"

In the week before a derby game, ive known Evertonians to be on the verge of breakdown near enough as their nerves reach fever point with talk of "we're gonna tw*t the RS" and so on...

With us Liverpool fans...the only thing that matters to us is when the next trophy will be won?

Its always nice that we include 2 derby wins on the route to winning trophies (only kidding there Goldfish) :lol:

Goldfish:

Every Evertonians ive spoken to has spoken of nothing but the derby's this season and the same expression is always used "We'll beat them this time, or "we'll get them this time"

In the week before a derby game, ive known Evertonians to be on the verge of breakdown near enough as their nerves reach fever point with talk of "we're gonna tw*t the RS" and so on...

With us Liverpool fans...the only thing that matters to us is when the next trophy will be won?

Its always nice that we include 2 derby wins on the route to winning trophies (only kidding there Goldfish)  :lol:

40851[/snapback]

Ask Stevie la or Carra what the first game the look for in the fixture list is and they always say the derbs so stop making out like it doesnt matter.

If Everton fans are talking about the Derby at the moment, it is because it is our second home game of the season. For fucks sake redcard its not rocket science.

Then again a derby to you is probably oslo versus viking stavanger.

Why is it, even when Liverpool win something, your fans are more obsessed with rubbing everyone elses noses in it, than celebrating your own teams success. Its unhealthy.

Im talking about the derby games in general..not just coz this season its gonna be the 2nd game of the season.

We Liverpool fans do like to rub noses in it over our sucesses, what fans wouldnt?

Im sure Everton fans would do exactly the same thing if they were Englands most successful club as what any other set of fans would.

No other team in this country has won what we have..so if thats not a gloating issue then i dont know what is?

My point is that the derby game means more to the Evertons fans than any other aspect of the whole season.

Forget good cup runs, forget were you finish in the table.

As long as Liverpool are beaten by Everton then happiness will provail above everything else is the impression we have of Evertonians.

I know you all couldnt care less what we think, but im just posting on the issue anyway.

Im talking about the derby games in general..not just coz this season its gonna be the 2nd game of the season.

40931[/snapback]

You're talking shit I'm afraid..

No other team in this country has won what we have..

40931[/snapback]

True, but who knows what might have been if we hadn't been denied our rightful opportunities from 1986?

I know you all couldnt care less what we think, but im just posting on the issue anyway.

40931[/snapback]

If you know that we don't care then why ask?

Edited by mikeo

The difference here is:

With Everton:

40844[/snapback]

correction with you mnd man u its JEALOUSY, same way now the way suddenly loadsa red's hate chelsea, you WISH you were in there position

with us, we want to beat you because you're local rivals, and we have every right to because of all the bragging you and a lot of cockneys or whoever fills you kop these days do

the derby matters to scousers

Never heard such a stupid question on this forum.

There are many reasons the derby is such an important game.......

A feeling of pride in the fact it is the longest running derby in English football.

A city divided between two teams and the fans can still sit next to each other at the game.

Do you know what I can't be arsed, if you had to ask the question it means you wouldn't understand the answer, you stupid shag spot.

Mac

The difference here is:

With Everton:

40844[/snapback]

:blink: i have never heard such utter bollox in all of my life :blink: lay off the vallium ;)

If you feel the need to ask this question then your supporting the right team. The RS fans of this generation just dont understand football. They are blinded by Stevie G, i cant talk football with any RS fan under 30 cause they just dont have a scobby.

correction with you mnd man u its JEALOUSY, same way now the way suddenly loadsa red's hate chelsea, you WISH you were in there position

with us, we want to beat you because you're local rivals, and we have every right to because of all the bragging you and a lot of cockneys or whoever fills you kop these days do

the derby matters to scousers

40958[/snapback]

*a round of appluse* well said mate i fully agree with that, most of anfield is full of tourists anyway were Goodison is full of scousers :) derby matter so much to Everton fans coz were not big headed and we dont say "were guna win the champ league dis year" we focus on wa we can achieve not shitty miricals and redcard fuck off ya rs twat cumin on ere startin shit no need for ya u tit

same way now the way suddenly loadsa red's hate chelsea, you WISH you were in there position

40958[/snapback]

Erm..what? :D

Why would we want to be like a team that is full of cheats, has earned very little respect although it has 'bought' two titles in a row, has one very arrogant manager and players whom are not respected by him.

Liverpool fans are not the only ones who hate Chel$ki. Majority of fans from majority of clubs hate Chelsea. They're not good for the game.

i wouldn't say a majority of people hate chelsea, they make think their ruinign the game, wouldn't say they hate them, they may hate drogba or the diving, i for one liek chelsea

EFCfan, i agree, good post

Edited by CraccerC

Luis Garcia never cheats does he?

Two wrongs dont make one right though. I dont like any of my players diving or playacting. And surely, a couple of one-off diving/playacting incidents from any team, be it Liverpool, The Arse, Everton, any team arent comparable to Chelsea's. The sheer number of incidents with Chelsea are stunningly large.

I, dont remember SWP diving before he joined them.

Link

Doesnt every team that wins the title buy it really? They spend alot money on quality players because quality players are what are needed to win a title.

41477[/snapback]

Sure. But then again, is there or has there been a single respectable team which has accounted for losses worth 140 million pounds in one single season and 'lived to tell the tale' as the story goes?

So many players that would play maybe 30 games a season at another club are rotting in the Chelsea reserves. They probably had hopes of making it big in a big club when they joined it.

They have a manager who doesnt respect player comments.

They are solely responsible for raising selling clubs' player values in the recent past. The last time it happened, it was due to Real Madrid and Barca's galactico buying spree.

Which team in England is able to buy players just because the other team doesnt get him?

IMO, the club has no values.

Edited by xavier