Starting 11 - 2014/15

MC11

Howard

Coleman Distin Stones Baines

McCarthy Gibson

Mirallas Pienaar

Barkley

Naismith

Hopefully we can get Barry tied down to a contract sooner rather than later and can get a striker in before the end of the window. I'd have Stones in defence too as Jagielka has been piss poor in the World Cup, if Stones can get some experience under his belt then we have a young player ready for the future.

-------------Howard

Coleman--Stones---Jags--Baines

--------Mccarthy---Gibson

-McGeady----Barkley----Oviedo

-------------Mirallas

Not what I'd start with but just throwing it out there as a possibility with being slightly light upfront

Edited by EFC-Paul

depends on the game plan, there are 2 line ups that I see

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin Oviedo

McCarthy Baines

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Naismith

Controversial maybe, but having Oviedo, Baines and Pienaar working together kinda makes me excited. I dont want Jags to walk back in, Stones and Distin looked good together. This is why I was touting a 352:

Howard

Stones Jags Distin

Coleman Baines

McCarthy

Barkley Mirallas Pienaar

Naismith

Mirallas to play as 2nd striker where Barkley and Pienaar provide the overlap rather than playing out wide.

@Matt:

I like the look of your 5-3-2 but I'd swap Distin & Jagielka around. He works best when he's in the middle as a unit and I think we would pay the price when Jagielka has an off day in the centre of our defence.

@Matt:

I like the look of your 5-3-2 but I'd swap Distin & Jagielka around. He works best when he's in the middle as a unit and I think we would pay the price when Jagielka has an off day in the centre of our defence.

In that case I'd swap Stones and Jags, keep the right footed player (Jags) away from the left hand side