IGNORED

Aargh - the BBC can be so misleading

The main headline at the BBC website right now is that a Malaysian Airlines jetliner has crashed in Ukraine. What do we think when reading this? For me, at least, I draw the comparison with the Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing earlier in the year, and it reflects badly on the airline. But no, that's not the real story at all: Someone on the ground in eastern Ukraine shot the plane down. The real headline should be "Passenger jet shot down over Ukraine". The airline is almost irrelevant.

I don't believe there is any such thing as a neutral and objective news service any more, and maybe there never has been. It seems that CNN, in the US, stands for Commentary Not News, because they are just as bad as the BBC. Come on guys: Just report what happens and let others interpret.

The main headline at the BBC website right now is that a Malaysian Airlines jetliner has crashed in Ukraine. What do we think when reading this? For me, at least, I draw the comparison with the Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing earlier in the year, and it reflects badly on the airline. But no, that's not the real story at all: Someone on the ground in eastern Ukraine shot the plane down. The real headline should be "Passenger jet shot down over Ukraine". The airline is almost irrelevant.

I don't believe there is any such thing as a neutral and objective news service any more, and maybe there never has been. It seems that CNN, in the US, stands for Commentary Not News, because they are just as bad as the BBC. Come on guys: Just report what happens and let others interpret.

Jeez that's going to cause a hell of a shitstorm; hopefully the truth will come out fairly quickly.

Have to say that when any big global story is happening I watch Al Jazeera English; always seems the most objective channel available here.