IGNORED

Pre-Season: Celta Vigo

Romey 1878

he is? looks like ross is to me. osman has been on the left linking up with baines.

Barkley has barely been near Naismith as far as I can see. He's been quite deep.

Osman has been awful. Again. In no other side supposedly going for top 4 would he be a regular starter. And I hope that comes to an end this season.

Well that's a first half I wish I hadn't watched.

The good news is that when we are set and defending, everything is pretty solid but when we give away sloppy ball, give the opposition overloads all the time, they have absolutely no chance. Some of our decision making is so poor its unreal. We look like a team that knows its preseason, which isnt necessarily a bad thing but you dont want to be getting stuffed by teams that we should be competitive with. We have actually attacked pretty nicely at times, the goal was clinical and we had a second chance not long after that which Barkley should have scored. Since then though it has been poor and switching Osman centrally and Barkley wider just doesnt work. Sad to say it but when the former isnt at the races, we are better off playing with 10 men.

There are plenty of negatives, but the one positive for me has been McCarthy, he really started to come alive in the last 30-35 mins which says a lot about his character. Barry and Distin have been decent enough and Barkley has been good and bad, same with McGeady and Stones.

Drive in the middle of the park is something we've lacked massively. It's all so fucking slow.

Disagree with this. They're being forced to speed it up because Celta de Vigo are pressing agressively and and they can't cope with the pace, lots of shitty touches, picking the wrong options and badly executing whatever pass they pick.

Stones must have had one hell of a holiday. second pre season game he's tried to be slick and ended up giving up a goal.

He has been sold down the river a few times by his team mates though in this game! He could have played the ball first time when he came to him for the goal but once he took a touch he was always in trouble down the ball he was played.

Only caught the last 10-15 mins of this half (I completely forgot about the game) but wow have we looked sloppy. I said it once and I'll say it again, Stones was great last season but there were a handful of fuck ups that we were extremely lucky not to be punished for. Osman is definitely quite sub par for us and should not be starting. I have some positive things to say about Nolito, but I'll save those for the rumour forum :)

agreed it's slow and shit, but only 6 players are starters. we're missing lukaku, mirallas, jagielka, pienaar, and coleman. coincidently they are the best players we have. so i'm not too worried.

You should be worried. It shows we don't have the depth to cope with the current squad. That's why we simply have to get more numbers in, and of good quality too.

Disagree with this. They're being forced to speed it up because Celta de Vigo are pressing agressively and and they can't cope with the pace, lots of shitty touches, picking the wrong options and badly executing whatever pass they pick.

Yep I agree. They are rushing us off our feet and instead of picking positive forward passes we are either going backwards or losing the ball.

I would like to see Osman and Hibbert off to start with I think, possibly Barry too or Barkley depending on who needs the time most.

I'd just like to have another look at the youngsters. If they don't get to play, I guess that's because they've already shown Martinez they're not ready in training but I'd like to see for myself. I've read people from the club say that Browning is the best 1v1 defender at the club so I hope he can be better than Hibbert at right back.