IGNORED

ITV interview Duncan Ferguson

Louis

• 8 months later...

Never understood the feud, never really held anything against him. Good on him for coming back to play

wearing a vest saying "once a blue always a blue" as a dig to Jeffers signing for Arsenal whn playing for youth team.

Then when he has his 1.5 seasons playing for us he pushes through for a move to man united.

Granted, not everything was black and white and I am 100% certain the board because of the awaful state of financial affairs needed to sell him (less than the £50m kenwright stated).

However kissing the united badge and celebrating like he won the world cup in scoring against us didn't go down too well.

Maybe the truth about his sale will come out one day.

I actually think he is priming the way to play for us after his current contract - but will there be anything left of him by then. I dont think he's as good now as he was when he was 18.

Edited by Hafnia

He was a kid (not even 19, right?) who got his head turned by one of the best clubs around. Not to mention he came from a very poor background so I imagine the lure of mega money was a massive factor.

He made some silly decisions and they got blown out of proportion by the media and heartbroken fans. It was a very long time ago, this bitterness has to stop.

“I have played with and against people such as Alan Ball, Howard Kendall and George Best. They were all great players but not in the same league as Wayne. People might disagree but he is better than Best.”

That was quite some statement from Harvey and at the time I actually thought "Rooney is the best player in the world" - I don't think I was too far away either. I think Zidane and Ronaldinho were accepted as being the best, but in terms of sheer raw talent and a bullish determination Rooney was a stand out player. Well lets put it this way - he was on a par with Messi at that time, since he moved he kinda got "nice" passes loads and doesn't take players on.

He was a kid (not even 19, right?) who got his head turned by one of the best clubs around. Not to mention he came from a very poor background so I imagine the lure of mega money was a massive factor.

He made some silly decisions and they got blown out of proportion by the media and heartbroken fans. It was a very long time ago, this bitterness has to stop.

Thats a very sensible and mature look on things - unfortunately passions in football dont often allow for such outlook. Players regardless of their age need to take stock of this. It's such passion that makes grown men part with £1000 a year and spend their saturdays away from their family - right or wrong thats the way it is.

Thats a very sensible and mature look on things - unfortunately passions in football dont often allow for such outlook. Players regardless of their age need to take stock of this. It's such passion that makes grown men part with £1000 a year and spend their saturdays away from their family - right or wrong thats the way it is.

im going to name drop now; I actually got to play 5 aside with him, through the Shadow organisation where my uncle worked. I don't blame him at all for taking the pay cheque, I've seen where he grew up (I went to Knotty Ash every weekend and often visited uncles and aunts around Toxteth, Croxteth and dads old stomping ground in Canny Farm). Any kid brought up there would take that chance to get their family away from some of those areas. I thought the same when he moved too, and when I saw him vs Villa in the u21 cup with that shirt, I was made up but didn't believe it for a second. At least didn't believe he would stay with us his entire career. That's when I was much less mature.

Kissing the badge was a reaction from and angry kid who felt scorned by the supports the left behind. Since then he's been very professional (and crap, at Goodison at least). I've no doubt he's always been a blue, and still is, and will never begrudge him for leaving for money and success. I'd happily take him back too, dependent on the money of course.

im going to name drop now; I actually got to play 5 aside with him, through the Shadow organisation where my uncle worked. I don't blame him at all for taking the pay cheque, I've seen where he grew up (I went to Knotty Ash every weekend and often visited uncles and aunts around Toxteth, Croxteth and dads old stomping ground in Canny Farm). Any kid brought up there would take that chance to get their family away from some of those areas. I thought the same when he moved too, and when I saw him vs Villa in the u21 cup with that shirt, I was made up but didn't believe it for a second. At least didn't believe he would stay with us his entire career. That's when I was much less mature.

Kissing the badge was a reaction from and angry kid who felt scorned by the supports the left behind. Since then he's been very professional (and crap, at Goodison at least). I've no doubt he's always been a blue, and still is, and will never begrudge him for leaving for money and success. I'd happily take him back too, dependent on the money of course.

I'm all for name dropping (as you may well have picked up!) - I would love the opportunity to meet him and talk to him.

With my wife working at Alder Hey she knows several people closely linked to him by his time spent there with Coleens sister - by all accounts he is a very down to earth and "quiet" lad. Extremely generous, for example he and coleen decked out a flat for someone who just had a babywith all the essentials for a new born. It wasn't just the financial gesture - they spent time sitting there to see the new baby and had a coffee. I don't think he's forgotten where he comes from.

Would he have changed his decision to move to united??? I don't think so. 5 titles and a champions league is what his talent desreved. I just think he could have waited a year or 2 "if it was in his powers".

I don't think he could have stayed in Liverpool if i'm honest. His celebrity was too big and I could see that big news incidents would have happened. He has had his "incidents" whilst under the eye of SAF - I think his lack of maturity in Liverpool would have been more costly.

I do love the story of him flooring Michael Gray though.

Edited by Hafnia