IGNORED

Black Friday - post deals here....

Hafnia

Wondered what all the fuss was about so I just looked at the Asda website; that TV was £139, good price but not worth fighting over.

Never heard of "Black Friday" in this country before and all of a sudden it's everywhere; thought I'd have a look at Tesco Direct but can't get on it.

It's only the past couple of years that it's been prominent. This year is the first time I've seen it so widespread. I think it was typically used as an Amazon promotion to get rid of surplus stock but other major retailers have joined in.

I like the Steam Black Friday sales... the hypocrite I am.

If you're a Lord of the Rings fan or just a fan of MMORPG gaming, today in Steam (online game store) you can buy all LOTRO expansions at next to nothing:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212500/

LOTRO is probably the best MMORPG game inexistance, after World of Warcraft (though I like lotro much much better)

Definitely a must buy for online gamers.

Anyone bought an Xbox One - can you recommend it over the 360 which I rarely play, and is it good as an entertainment system bar games etc?

I just bought one for my boys for xmas and I have to say as someone who VERY rarely plays computer games even I can notice a massive difference.

I've set it up to make sure it's all working for the big day etc and ran a few games of Fifa 15 through it along with Madden NFL and a couple of others and the game play is so much better on it. Fifa is just unbelievable. Goodison is on it this year and the Everton songs from the crowd are great.

If I have noticed a serious gamer must be over the moon with it.

It has cool voice controls etc. you say "xbox on" and it comes on, ask it to go to your music, it oes.

I think it's a good piece of kit but I've only played around on it a little setting it up with their profile etc but from what I've seen I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Seen them in Game in Bootle Strand earlier for £299 with two games (assins creed I think may of been one) if that helps any.

Our younger daughter performed on stage last night as they lit the Macy's Christmas tree in Atlanta. She was very excited to meet, chat with, and sing alongside a group called Pentatonix (I'd never heard of them) - broadcast live on the local TV channel. At the end of the proceedings, Macy's opened its doors and almost everyone present poured in. Very savvy marketing by Macy's, I have to say - both here in Atlanta and also in New York.

Seen them in Game in Bootle Strand earlier for £299 with two games (assins creed I think may of been one) if that helps any.

Check online about Assassin's Creed. One of my sons was telling me that they released the new version before fixing various problems. For example, if your characte jumps into a hay cart, he can't get out. Also, your character may be running along a road and will suddenly be swallowed up as if jumping over a cliff. The makers issued a software upgrade just one day after it was released.

I find this picture disturbing. It looks exactly the same as the pictures you see of food being handed out to victims of famine. What has the world come to?

Philosopher doing a piece on Newsnight tonight has been reading TT!

"They might be looters stripping shops in the aftermath of a riot, or refugees reaching out for essential supplies from the back of an aid truck..."

Yes this is an American "holiday" I could do without. We celebrate the genocide of the native Americans and then are "thankful" for life and a mere hours later people are trampling one another for a cheap television. I make a decision each Black Friday to not buy anything to support it.

Strange that it's reaching the uk now though.

Downloaded a few games on Xbox.

Resident evil 4, gta San Andreas, fight night champions, all for around £12. Hit man games were on there and was tempted.

By all accounts Resident evil 4 is meant to be awesome. Never played it. Fight night is a hope of finally finding a good boxing game.

Asda apparently sold eight thousand televisions today.

It's insane, most of the the tvs they were selling were their own brand (Polaroid) too.

Its a clever ploy by them. They get rid of the excess branded stock they are trying to shift and then fill the shelves with lower quality & higher profit margined alternatives like these polaroid TV's for the mugs who think they are getting a deal because they cost less than a branded TV.

There are deals to be had but these scenes are ridiculous, especially as the deal will probably still be there on the run up to Christmas!