IGNORED

Business website - help

MC11

I've been in the process of starting another business. I have my own electrical company but I'm looking to get into "home automation" as well - as sort of a joint enterprise to the existing business.

However, I want the business's to be separate. I've built the website, used Go Daddy as the host and the website is live. However when I type the business name into any search bar, google, bing, yahoo my website isn't listed anywhere... I've literally gone back page after page on each search engine and it's just not there!!!! It's doing my nut!

I have to type www.companyname.com into the internet search bar at the top of the screen!!! To access the website.

My electrical website was built by google and although it's a lot more basic it went live and straight to the front page of my desired keywords virtually straight away!!

Any ideas why this is happening?

Pretty sure you have to build up a certain number of hits before Google starts showing the results, from different IPs I think. You signed up to google analytics? Not used it but my father-in-law has to help improve his business and had a similar issue when he got his new site up and running. Took a few weeks if I remember correctly.

Actually, his business may be of interest for you, if you're reviewing your spare parts storage?

To do this properly, you should contact someone whose job is SEO (search engine optimization). Such people know how to build up your reputation on line so you move up the priority list for Google searches. It costs money, but a good SEO guy is worth it. I tried to do some things myself, learning what I could from the Internet, but, as in most things, it's worth paying someone who does this for a living. All the best with this and with the new business.

To do this properly, you should contact someone whose job is SEO (search engine optimization). Such people know how to build up your reputation on line so you move up the priority list for Google searches. It costs money, but a good SEO guy is worth it. I tried to do some things myself, learning what I could from the Internet, but, as in most things, it's worth paying someone who does this for a living. All the best with this and with the new business.

He could just share the link here and ask people to keep clicking on it. We've got enough users to bump his business up the hit list

That won't help. SEO is a science in itself. Indeed, some things hurt your rating rather than benefit from it - and it may take weeks to recover. It's not one of those things to guess at. I've worked with a couple of SEO pros, and the knowledge they have is mind-blowing. Google changes the rules all the time, and they keep up with them and know how to improve a website's rating.

Here is some genuin help. (My field of work)

Since Googles panda update it is important to have quality content on your site.

Since Googles penguin update it is important to keep the content f the site fresh.

You can do a hell of a lot using on page SEO, make sure that the content is updated and the site is built in a way to help Googles spiders find everything. Things like robot, search functions etc all help.

Dont create images instead of texts.

Create a blog on the site and keep it updated. Blog content counts as quality content. It also keeps the site content fresh and updated.

Now for the off page SEO. As many quality sites as possible need to link to your site. Back links. They should not be bought in any way. As some have said, does more harm than good. If anyone offers you back link trades, dont do it. The sites they use are of low quality.

Quality links include

Facebook, have you created a facebook page? If not, do so and keep it updated. Link back to webpage when ever you can.

Twitter, use twitter to drive traffic to your company blog.

Google+, create a page there and share your blog posts, Google will favour their own site back links

Linkedin, is awesome for back links and ranks really well on google.

Youtube, for the same reasons as Google+

Use social bookmarking sites such as reddit etc to link back to your website.

There are no short cuts, up to recently you were able to buy press release distribution to spread links back to your site. This option was removed by Google about 16-17 months ago. Now most press release distribution firms use no follow links.

Focus on your content and keep working hard on the site and you will see results.

Or spend a bucketload on ad words / seo firms. Use the larger firms to avoid the scam artists.