IGNORED

Building a team round specific players?

I think to move forward we need a player in there who can do some of the things McCarthy does, but with the ability to play the ball forward and pick a pass. I don't know who this player is but I'm sure won't come cheap.

Actually, how about Moutinho? (Again!) but got no chance.

I think to move forward we need a player in there who can do some of the things McCarthy does, but with the ability to play the ball forward and pick a pass. I don't know who this player is but I'm sure won't come cheap.

Actually, how about Moutinho? (Again!) but got no chance.

Gibson can but can't be relied on with his injury record. Hopefully Ledson will become this player.

If Gibson could stay fit it would be brilliant, but I doubt he can.

Ledson looks a real prospect, but I think it's going to be a few years before we see him pushing.

Here's where Markjazzbassist jumps in feet first... "Hell yer, play Ledson why the fuck not, give him the captains. Armband, put him in goal, let him take the throw ins free kicks and pens, shit, let him pick his mates to play what do we have to lose, I like the guy"

So why is Besic way up there in our MotM season totals?

He has been good when called upon. He was supposed to be better as a Centre Back, so its Jags place he should be trained for and it would help having defenders who can play out from the back because that's a big part of the issue with our tactics at the moment.

Don't get me wrong Steve, I like him, he's been good when called upon this season, I just think his game is limited. My opinion of his all round ability or limit to his game has nothing to do with his MOTM points. I've voted for him, I just think if we are to progress we need a forward thinking player in midfield along side either McCarthy or Besic, not the two together.

I don't think moving him to the back is good either, he's not big enough to be a centre half in the premier league. Too many teams play high balls into the box.

Edited by StevO

Here's where Markjazzbassist jumps in feet first... "Hell yer, play Ledson why the fuck not, give him the captains. Armband, put him in goal, let him take the throw ins free kicks and pens, shit, let him pick his mates to play what do we have to lose, I like the guy"

Haha pad. I've only seen him play a couple times, wasn't blown away. Really like the look of a healthy Gibson and would be willing to give Besic a shot to. I think CM is probably our strongest position other than left back.

Haha pad. I've only seen him play a couple times, wasn't blown away. Really like the look of a healthy Gibson and would be willing to give Besic a shot to. I think CM is probably our strongest position other than left back.

Good lad Mark, I'm glad you took that in good humour. It was a gentle poke but I was only messing around, never meant anything by it :D

I just come across the brown a lot mate. Brett got you twice.

The same Brett you were calling all kinds the other day you mean?

Christ you really are like a snivelling little rat who'll go running to any form of sanctury you can find regardless of how low you have to stoop.

Your call though Champ.

The boards getting a little clogged with this now so I'll leave it where it is. You've done yourself proud though mate, been a shining example of a forum whipping boy.