IGNORED

Expectations for our Offensive Prowess

the whoscored website shows both Rooney and DCL to have had 7 shots each.  

DCL had 3 off target, 2 blocked and 2 on target.

Rooney had 3 off target, 3 on target and 1 blocked.

In the league so far we've had 35 shots, 18 off target, 7 on target and 10 blocked.  10 of those shots were from set pieces

The only people to hit the target apart from those 2 are Klassen and Gueye.

Obviously we've had tough games but these stats show we've done very little to trouble any goal keeper thus far.  We have a good run of games after this weekend and we'd sure as hell better see these figures increase, along with the goals scored of course!

9 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

the whoscored website shows both Rooney and DCL to have had 7 shots each.  

DCL had 3 off target, 2 blocked and 2 on target.

Rooney had 3 off target, 3 on target and 1 blocked.

In the league so far we've had 35 shots, 18 off target, 7 on target and 10 blocked.  10 of those shots were from set pieces

The only people to hit the target apart from those 2 are Klassen and Gueye.

Obviously we've had tough games but these stats show we've done very little to trouble any goal keeper thus far.  We have a good run of games after this weekend and we'd sure as hell better see these figures increase, along with the goals scored of course!

:o Can't be true

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

33% of 8 is 2-2/3. What does 2/3 a shot look like? :)

PS - I see Mike already asked that question!

Yeah I know. Not sure if they've averaged it out or some other form of stat magic.

Like a striker getting 25 goals in a 38 game season would be 0.65___ goals a game.

9 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah I know. Not sure if they've averaged it out or some other form of stat magic.

Like a striker getting 25 goals in a 38 game season would be 0.65___ goals a game.

Not really, that's a average given two absolute facts so is completely legit. 

The other is taking one fact, throwing an average at it and coming up with an impossibility :).

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not really, that's a average given two absolute facts so is completely legit. 

The other is taking one fact, throwing an average at it and coming up with an impossibility :).

Yeah I know...I was clutching!!!

I just took the numbers as they were displayed. I didn't do the math.

Point is still valid for the purpose of this thread.

22 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I'd make a small number of changes, bringing in more youth and placing more emphasis up front.

Pickford

Kenny       Keane     Holgate       Baines

Davies        Schniederlin

Sigurdsson

Vlasic           DC-L              Sandro

Then again, I've always been a bit of a risk-taker and someone who'd prefer to go for broke.

I don't hate it on paper, but that team is far too young. Baines and Siggy the only ones above 27 (and Siggy by only a week) with a 27-year old, a 24-year old, a 23-year old, a 21-year old, three 20-year olds and two 19-year olds. Doubt any premier league team has ever won a match with 6 players at 21 or under.

pickford

Holgate          Keane      Jagielka      Baines

Gana

Sigurdsson

Lookman / Vlasic          Rooney/Klassen

DCL            Sandro

Just an idea here.

Though in truth when I watch DCL, as much as I like his work rate and the way he puts himself about His passing at times having held the ball up is very poor and he very rarely seems to look threatening in the box.  For me we shouldn't be relying on him as a starter.  But I suppose that's mainly down to some poor transfer activity!

Not sure i'd bring this out against Man utd but home to Bournemouth maybe.

It's a bit lopsided but Baines would have more freedom than Holgate to push forward, sig would play as a box to box midfielder.  While he is talked about as a 10 he typically coveres a lot of  ground and can get involved up and down the pitch so for me in our squad he would fit best into a central mid position.

I want to see more of Lookman along with Vlasic to provide pace and directness in attack that we are lacking.