IGNORED

Fear and Loathing (USMNT 2018)

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Don't see us getting anything more than a point here. And an away match in Honduras on Wednesday is tricky as hell.

Boy oh boy is the pressure gonna be on.

agreed, if they can pull out a win in honduras somehow, i think that could change the narrative, but dropping points at home is the number one way to miss the WC.

Boy oh boy is tonight gonna be interesting. It's really shocking how quickly this program has fallen from the heights of this summer. All of a sudden we've got some of our key players out with injury, the Mckennie debacle is a story in and of itself, and unless we start scoring some goals, Berhalter's seat is gonna be on fire.

Only problem is, say we were to sack Gregg...who the hell do we bring in to get us to Qatar? Marsch and Matarazzo aren't leaving their clubs (and nor should they), and we're definitely not bringing back Arena. Bob Bradley is under contract at LAFC. Know who that leaves?

Jurgen Klinsmann 😎

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Boy oh boy is tonight gonna be interesting. It's really shocking how quickly this program has fallen from the heights of this summer. All of a sudden we've got some of our key players out with injury, the Mckennie debacle is a story in and of itself, and unless we start scoring some goals, Berhalter's seat is gonna be on fire.

Only problem is, say we were to sack Gregg...who the hell do we bring in to get us to Qatar? Marsch and Matarazzo aren't leaving their clubs (and nor should they), and we're definitely not bringing back Arena. Bob Bradley is under contract at LAFC. Know who that leaves?

Jurgen Klinsmann 😎

mckennie really hurt the team.  i'd love juergen back, although from his stand point it might be a poisoned chalice.  

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

American friends - putting together a dirty multi and the US are at decent odds to win today, how comfortable are you with getting up over Honduras?

Not very. Have looked inept in attack in their first two matches and away to Honduras is always a tricky one. And they'll be without Mckennie, Dest, Reyna.

36 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Not very. Have looked inept in attack in their first two matches and away to Honduras is always a tricky one. And they'll be without Mckennie, Dest, Reyna.

Yeah I have it a swerve. Maybe if it was a home game. Hope you guys get up, no qualms with the US team what so ever

On 24/08/2021 at 13:42, Bailey said:

Is your wife a farter as well? 😂

Really well put!

A lot of these targets are smoke and mirrors. They measure them how they want to and claim success. They don't seemingly care about making a real difference, all that is important is that they are seen to be making a difference.

Furthermore no-one actually knows what will make a difference. That doesn't mean things shouldn't be tried, if anything it probably means opposite, but that is what "the science" needs to focus on. I read a BBC article the other day claiming how obvious and clear it was that humans were causing the natural disasters we are seeing today but there was no clear evidence whatsoever... anywhere. I read around the subject a little and whilst there is someome, somewhere doing a report, it is largely unfunded and will probably never see the light of day!

8 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Down 1-0 already. Can't believe I'm gonna stay up to watch us lose 1-0 or 2-0.

I don't think Gregg loses his job yet, but if we don't have more than 7 points after the next round of matches, he's gone.

This is... I dunno, I got nothing

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Best fucking way to start my birthday I could've possibly imagined. 

Let's hope this is what kicks us on.

"Happy Fucking Birthday!" - Ricardo Pepi

3 goals and 2 assists by subs in the second half, good stuff! 

After Pepi scored his first goal, my 20 year old daughter said "I just updated his Wikipedia page". I ❤️that kid 🤣