IGNORED

Hello All From NYC

Matt Tiger

Hello everyone,

I've posted a few times in the past couple years but haven't introduced myself here.. Been a fan for going on 10 years and just moved to NYC about 9 months ago. 

I  got into EPL when I was around 17 but got quickly fed up with the fans of the big clubs and subsequently grew a real fondness for that team - Cahill / Arteta / Fellaini / PIenaar / Baines etc etc

Been a crazy run since then and this team will test my anger management capabilities from time to time but I'm excited to be here.

Cheers!

Hank

Welcome in Hank.  Whenever I see the word 'Yank' it brings back memories of my upbringing in Liverpool during the war.  If we were on the tram and there were any Yank soldiers on, we would always start singing 'It wasn't the Yanks that won the war parlez vous'.  Of course, what we didn't know (being only 7 or 8 years old) was without the Yanks and the Russians we wouldn't have won the war.  Only found out recently that that song was from WW1.    Look forward to you posting Hank.

On 09/08/2018 at 10:11, nyblue23 said:

Hey Hank. Also in NYC. You just missed the closing of a great Everton bar in the West Village called Mr. Dennehy’s, but I’m sure it’ll be replaced with a new haunt for all of us soon. Welcome to the forum.

Nooooo! It closed?? I went and watched a match there a few years ago when I was visiting, and now I’m moving to the city in November and was looking forward to having an EFC homebase! 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Nooooo! It closed?? I went and watched a match there a few years ago when I was visiting, and now I’m moving to the city in November and was looking forward to having an EFC homebase! 

Yeah no longer. A lot of us were pretty sad to see it go. Looks like everyone is giving Turnmill NYC a shot as our new home, which happens to be around the corner from the bar where I work. 

• 3 weeks later...