IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Friday May 3rd

markjazzbassist

59 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

How are you going on about Gana for those two goals and NOT having a go at Gomes AND Coleman.  Sure Gana left his man for the first goal (which he should not have done, I totally agree with you) but that was because Babel just walked into the box with Gomes, Coleman, and Jags in the area (Jags was marking someone though).  Could make a case he was trying too hard / using heart trying to clean up an unholy mess from his teammates instead of using his head and staying with his man (which in a hypothetical vacuum may have prevented the goal).

Also in that same Fulham highlights reel, Gana starts the move for our real first chance which DCL should have headed home.

Was Gana MOTM against Fulham? Not even close.  Did Gana have a good game against Fulham? Nope. Was Gana the worst Everton player on the pitch that day? Also no.  Does Gana ever have good games? Certainly.

Feel like the idiom "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" applies to all this Gana weirdness.

If Gana holds his position it makes it much more difficult for them to score. He's a ball magnet and it cost us. That first goal is purely on him. 

Second goal is a mix of Gana losing the ball too cheaply and Jags rushing into the tackle leaving the space behind him. 

44 minutes ago, nogs said:

That's pathetic Pete. Yeah we had a poor game v Fulham. As we had a poor second half v Newcastle. Again - where is your evidence that those performances were down to players not caring? And what about the eight clean sheets in the last 10 games? When are you going to answer my question and comment on those? Did the players care in those 8 games? 

And why are you dragging Jags into this? Are you suggesting that our club captain, with more than 300 appearances for Everton FC to his name, somehow doesn't care about the club? What exactly is the point you're trying to make? 

You ask for evidence. I give it on a plate. Then it call it pathetic. What more do you want? 

You asked about which players didn't do their job. I answered it. Jags wasn't doing his job. Gana wasn't either. 

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You ask for evidence. I give it on a plate. Then it call it pathetic. What more do you want? 

You asked about which players didn't do their job. I answered it. Jags wasn't doing his job. Gana wasn't either. 

No I didn't ask anything about players not doing their job. I asked for evidence of players not caring when we conceded, something you called 'sickening'. 

Massive fail. 

17 hours ago, nogs said:

No I didn't ask anything about players not doing their job. I asked for evidence of players not caring when we conceded, something you called 'sickening'. 

Massive fail. 

On 07/05/2019 at 09:48, nogs said:

Again, five goals conceded and one defeat in 10 - who doesn't care enough? Who is not doing their job? Where's your evidence? 

Massive fail... 

On 08/05/2019 at 11:07, pete0 said:

Massive fail... 

On 04/05/2019 at 20:01, pete0 said:

To go from players who would dive in front of bullet for the fans to ones who aren't even arsed when we concede is sickening. 

Still waiting for you to explain how you've come to this opinion and provide some evidence. 

9 hours ago, nogs said:

Still waiting for you to explain how you've come to this opinion and provide some evidence. 

I think a good few of us just need to realise that once Pete has formed an opinion who will throw anything at all at it to make it stick.....  the phrase "put the shovel down" has never been more appropriate.

Gerrard was a rubbish player with a rubbish shot..  hit and hope

Harry Kane a one season wonder who wouldnt get in the Everton side even after his golden boot exploits

Gana is the worst ever player in a blue shirt, changed to worst ever regular player in a blue shirt

Joe Hart was rubbish (when he wasn't rubbish) .... repeated several times..... then eventually when he did go rubbish (as many keepers do)....."I always said he was rubbish"......

May as well get the "Messi is shite" shouts in now... he's on the downturn so when he's over in America in 2-3 years he probably will be "rubbish" from a competitive level perspective. 

PeteO. I can. Clarify this easily.

Did you see Bernard receive he ball in our own third, turn back towards defence, hold on to it and lose it? It immediately put them on attack. 

Digne lost possession in our third on the left side, which immediately put them on the attack.

watching the match, I could come up with at least ten. Some players had numerous.

Yet, due to your hate, and it’s hate, not just opinion, towards Gana, you fail to mention any of these, but point out an extremely minor positional mistake... no not even a mistake, by Gana.

It makes your posts seem more of a vendetta than justified reasoning. 

Your right, a lot of posters have became personal towards you, and disagree with anything you say.... because it’s you. I can see that.

But you need to step back and look at why mate. Your more than half of the reason for this. You’ve made your point about Gana over and over. It’s time to start looking at the whole team now and not just singling our one player.

Your a good poster, don’t destroy it over one player. 

10 hours ago, nogs said:

Still waiting for you to explain how you've come to this opinion and provide some evidence

Again, to repeat myself. They aren't arsed when we concede, it doesn't hurt them. Some even come off with a smile on their face. It's just a job to them. All but Pickford, Digne, Coleman, DCL aren't fighting hard enough. Zouma, Sigurdssen, and Gomes are professional. Keane, Richarlison, Bernard, and Gana don't dig deep often enough, all could up it a level, which Bernard has done recently*. As for evidence look at the video, where is Gana for the second goal after he lost possession too easily? 

*Bernard sometimes busts a gut and tries as hard as anyone. But there's times where he's lazy and let's the ball go or is careless in possession rather than close down and make it difficult. 

50 minutes ago, Shukes said:

PeteO. I can. Clarify this easily.

Did you see Bernard receive he ball in our own third, turn back towards defence, hold on to it and lose it? It immediately put them on attack. 

Digne lost possession in our third on the left side, which immediately put them on the attack.

watching the match, I could come up with at least ten. Some players had numerous.

Yet, due to your hate, and it’s hate, not just opinion, towards Gana, you fail to mention any of these, but point out an extremely minor positional mistake... no not even a mistake, by Gana.

It makes your posts seem more of a vendetta than justified reasoning. 

Your right, a lot of posters have became personal towards you, and disagree with anything you say.... because it’s you. I can see that.

But you need to step back and look at why mate. Your more than half of the reason for this. You’ve made your point about Gana over and over. It’s time to start looking at the whole team now and not just singling our one player.

Your a good poster, don’t destroy it over one player. 

If it was in the video I posted I would have highlighted it. Nogs only asked for evidence of the goals so just looked at the first video I found. Only reason I highlighted Gana last game was a few were making out I'm exaggerating so I took the time to highlight just one half of him. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

If it was in the video I posted I would have highlighted it. Nogs only asked for evidence of the goals so just looked at the first video I found. Only reason I highlighted Gana last game was a few were making out I'm exaggerating so I took the time to highlight just one half of him. 

That’s fair enough PeteO. But if I was you, I wouldn’t get dragged into another Gana debate in the wrong thread. We only need one Gana twilight zone 😉

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

No, I've asked several times for evidence of players not caring. I'm doing it to make a point, because when someone posts with an opinion you disagree with, you demand evidence, and regularly got at it like a dog with a hard on demanding they back up their opinion. Which, being an opinion, its not always easy to do. We're not in a court of law here. 

Your opinion is that some of our players don't care enough and it sickens you. Fine. My point is you have absolutely no evidence to back that up. It's not fact, it's an opinion. You need to learn the difference between the two. 

And as Shukes said, if you don't want other people on your back all the time, a little more balance in your posts wouldn't go amiss. EVERY player in our team makes mistakes, but you only choose to highlight Gana, and then question his attitude, because you have a completely irrational vendetta against him. And to be quite honest it stinks the place out.