IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Friday May 3rd

markjazzbassist

33 minutes ago, nogs said:

You're a clown mate Gana was excellent doing exactly the side of the game you criticise him for, driving forward with the ball and with his passing. And I'm not Keane biggest fan but he did nothing wrong tonight. Get behind your team ffs. 

How many times you gonna open a post with an insult to me. Wish I was as brainless as you so could just have a wank over the result regardless to how we've played. 

You can fuck off saying get behind your team, what do you think I'm doing. Any fan has the right not to be happy, the clubs not living up to its motto and unlike you I'm not happy to accept average. 

Ps. Forgot to mention in the first half about Gana not giving Digne an option when he was struggling to find a pass. Needed Gana to move to make space for a pass or even collect it himself. Digne then ended up having to pass it backwards. Was very poor from a player who's meant to be a centre mid. 

28 minutes ago, nogs said:

End the season with real optimism, home form has been superb, some of the football like Martinez's first season again. Thank you Jags, deserves to be remembered as a club legend for the service you've given us. 

Last season we were in disarray. Now we have a platform, we have promise. I expect a real tilt at top 6 next season. 

That last hour was the opposite of what I'd call optimism. 

Edited by pete0

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was game management for me, something we've not been great at in recent times, never gave them a sniff. Makes me optimistic.

Yep professional result that. Lookman could and should have scored at the end to cap off a strong performance. Said it before but another 2/3 players and we could be looking at a very competitive group.

credit Morgan who’s come in and not looked out of place. 

Haven’t conceded in 5 home games - 4 of which against top 6 teams. It’s like the defensive priorities of an Allardyce mixed with a team that can score goals and produce some form of attacking football.

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Was game management for me, something we've not been great at in recent times, never gave them a sniff. Makes me optimistic.

I don't mind game management but it didn't feel like it to me. Felt we needed a a third which you shouldn't really need to be comfortable. 

The had the offside one and potential pen so could have easily let them back in it without us threatening much the other end. 

11 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many times you gonna open a post with an insult to me. Wish I was as brainless as you so could just have a wank over the result regardless to how we've played. 

You can fuck off saying get behind your team, what do you think I'm doing. Any fan has the right not to be happy, the clubs not living up to its motto and unlike you I'm not happy to accept average. 

Ps. Forgot to mention in the first half about Gana not giving Digne an option when he was struggling to find a pass. Needed Gana to move to make space for a pass or even collect it himself. Digne then ended up having to pass it backwards. Was very poor from a player who's meant to be a centre mid. 

That last hour was the opposite of what I'd call optimism. 

You don't back the team. You criticise because you think you know best, including more than a professional manager. 

Wank over the results? Then what were you doing over Allardyce then, because it certainly wasn't over the football. 

You selectively pick individual incidents in games where certain players, in your opinion, could have done better to justify a completely over the top agenda you have against them. All this crap you spout about what Gana should have done - what level football did you play? How many times did you play the perfect game? What player ever has, for that matter? There are incidents in EVERY game where EVERY player could have played a better pass, made a cleverer run, read the game better. Everything you post is completely unbalanced - nit pick over small little moments, never any praise for the many good things players like Gana do, no sense of the bigger picture. 

You're a precious little flower aren't you. Get your hackles up over being called a clown? Aww diddums. Stop ripping into the team you claim to support when we're winning then, it makes you sound ridiculous. 

Oh, and as for pulling the only the best card out - are you really telling me you think Allardyce was the best this club could and should expect? Jog on pal. 

Should've destroyed them in all honesty, but did the game ending at 2-0 piss me off? No, we won and we won comfortably. I certainly didn't leave the game disappointed, I was happy and left Goodison with a smile on my face.

When was the last time we even conceded a goal at home? We're progressing and I expect a good summer and further progression next season.

31 minutes ago, nogs said:

You don't back the team. You criticise because you think you know best, including more than a professional manager. 

Wank over the results? Then what were you doing over Allardyce then, because it certainly wasn't over the football. 

You selectively pick individual incidents in games where certain players, in your opinion, could have done better to justify a completely over the top agenda you have against them. All this crap you spout about what Gana should have done - what level football did you play? How many times did you play the perfect game? What player ever has, for that matter? There are incidents in EVERY game where EVERY player could have played a better pass, made a cleverer run, read the game better. Everything you post is completely unbalanced - nit pick over small little moments, never any praise for the many good things players like Gana do, no sense of the bigger picture. 

You're a precious little flower aren't you. Get your hackles up over being called a clown? Aww diddums. Stop ripping into the team you claim to support when we're winning then, it makes you sound ridiculous. 

Oh, and as for pulling the only the best card out - are you really telling me you think Allardyce was the best this club could and should expect? Jog on pal. 

Please explain the purpose of a furum if you can't criticise the team. I'm frustrated, I expect better. Just because I'm no happy clapper like you doesn't mean you can spout shit about how much of a fan I am. I'm there, I'm freezing my arse off watching boring football and an ineffective manager not making any changes. Just because he's professional doesn't mean he's right, otherwise none of than would ever get sacked would they? Do you not think you could have done a better him than Koeman and Walsh? 

I was moaning when we had Alladyce that we hadn't beat anyone, that we were lucky for our wins last season. I'm saying no different about the team under Silva yet you now take issue. Why's that? Put your personal hate of gravy chops to one side as it's clouding your judgement. 

What level did Mourinho play at? Koeman was class at football from what I hear. Oh wait your argument looks a bit shit now doesn't it. This forum is filled with non pros why do you bother reading any of our amateur thoughts? 

I give praise were it's due. I've never liked Jagielka but when he's put in a good performance I've voted for him motm, even Keane as well. Yet Gana is just plop, beyond running he offers very little and more often than not breaks down our attacks. It's the bigger picture why I don't rate him. He plays his teammates into danger, he doesn't help them out, he doesn't create, and he gifts chances away. What I highlighted in the first half yesterday was a typical performance for him. If Davies played like that the fans would be on his back and he'd be subbed at half time yet people accept it from Gana thanks to his initial impression. Look beyond the running, he's a terrible footballer. 

Nothing precious about it. Just find it a little out of nowhere from you, whoever the fuck you are. My conversation wasn't aggressive, wasn't even with you at times yet you just say it out the blue. Just makes you look a bit of a tit. 

Why can't you critise if you win? I praise when we lose if its due. How about you look beyond the result and at the bigger picture eh? 

Not at all. Only wanted him to stay here one more year as he's better than Silva and would have given the team stability and the foundations for the next manager to build on. 

How do you know that Pete? Don’t you remember the performances at Burnley just to name one under fat Sam? It was just shite to watch us. We never used to shoot for fucks sake. It was like watching us under Walter Smith. It’s fine if your not happy with silva etc and you have a right to your opinion I just can’t see how the platform we have under silva for next season with another window to would have been better with fat Sam who was hardly on the training ground and the players knew that. They wouldn’t have stood for that. As you say we are Everton and demand the best but you think some fat cunt who spends half his weeks in Spain when he should be at the training ground is good enough for us. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Burnley away last March when they'd not won in eleven v last night. Away v home admittedly but I don't see how we're not improving.

image.png

CaptureBu.JPG

You can’t argue with that, but isn’t it fairly obvious we’re improving as this season progresses, we just need to unlock the teams that put ten behind the ball 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

Please explain the purpose of a furum if you can't criticise the team. I'm frustrated, I expect better. Just because I'm no happy clapper like you doesn't mean you can spout shit about how much of a fan I am. I'm there, I'm freezing my arse off watching boring football and an ineffective manager not making any changes. Just because he's professional doesn't mean he's right, otherwise none of than would ever get sacked would they? Do you not think you could have done a better him than Koeman and Walsh? 

I was moaning when we had Alladyce that we hadn't beat anyone, that we were lucky for our wins last season. I'm saying no different about the team under Silva yet you now take issue. Why's that? Put your personal hate of gravy chops to one side as it's clouding your judgement. 

What level did Mourinho play at? Koeman was class at football from what I hear. Oh wait your argument looks a bit shit now doesn't it. This forum is filled with non pros why do you bother reading any of our amateur thoughts? 

I give praise were it's due. I've never liked Jagielka but when he's put in a good performance I've voted for him motm, even Keane as well. Yet Gana is just plop, beyond running he offers very little and more often than not breaks down our attacks. It's the bigger picture why I don't rate him. He plays his teammates into danger, he doesn't help them out, he doesn't create, and he gifts chances away. What I highlighted in the first half yesterday was a typical performance for him. If Davies played like that the fans would be on his back and he'd be subbed at half time yet people accept it from Gana thanks to his initial impression. Look beyond the running, he's a terrible footballer. 

Nothing precious about it. Just find it a little out of nowhere from you, whoever the fuck you are. My conversation wasn't aggressive, wasn't even with you at times yet you just say it out the blue. Just makes you look a bit of a tit. 

Why can't you critise if you win? I praise when we lose if its due. How about you look beyond the result and at the bigger picture eh? 

Not at all. Only wanted him to stay here one more year as he's better than Silva and would have given the team stability and the foundations for the next manager to build on. 

It's a public forum. You post the same tired lines over and over. When people challenge you, you demand they explain their point or provide evidence. When they do, you just rinse and repeat. Over and over and over. 

You have an agenda against Gana. You match him in games to find fault. You have an agenda against Silva. People have every right to challenge you on that. Three months ago you had a point, we were playing awful, the spine of the team looked awful. But what is it now, two defeats in 10? When was the last time we conceded at home? Please explain how Allardyce would have laid down better foundations than that. 

Oh and if paying your money and freezing your arse off without watching us play like Barcelona pisses you off so much, I'd consider another hobby. Sounds like you'll never be happy. 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

It's a public forum. You post the same tired lines over and over. When people challenge you, you demand they explain their point or provide evidence. When they do, you just rinse and repeat. Over and over and over. 

You have an agenda against Gana. You match him in games to find fault. You have an agenda against Silva. People have every right to challenge you on that. Three months ago you had a point, we were playing awful, the spine of the team looked awful. But what is it now, two defeats in 10? When was the last time we conceded at home? Please explain how Allardyce would have laid down better foundations than that. 

Oh and if paying your money and freezing your arse off without watching us play like Barcelona pisses you off so much, I'd consider another hobby. Sounds like you'll never be happy. 

Well forgive me for asking for an explanation for your statements. What's the point of a football forum if all you're gonna do is make statements with no explanation or debate. If you're offended by people asking what you're reasoning then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum. The whole point is discussion. I've made my case for Gana and highlighted the other day numerous faults that just aren't exceptable at this level. Do you not agree with each point? Why do you have an issue with any? If it was Walcott I was highlighting issues with would you even be bothered? 

Feel free to explain what has changed other than the opposition being poor in the day for most of those weeks. Closest explanation by the manager do far is the crowd! Also why didn't we win against Fulham and Palace, what did we do differently in those games. 

Alladyce managed to finish the same gap away from the top 6 with a much poorer unbalanced team that he inherited. What logic is there that he'd not have done better with this team with a full preseason and 5 first team players? 

I don't expect or want them to play like Barcelona. All I ask is they play for the shirt. If you're happy sitting in the cold watching players not give it their all then I don't know what to say to yer. I've got a minimum expectation for Everton players to have pride and play for the shirt. That's what the club have been like for me since I've known. To go from players who would dive in front of bullet for the fans to ones who aren't even arsed when we concede is sickening. 

32 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Well forgive me for asking for an explanation for your statements. What's the point of a football forum if all you're gonna do is make statements with no explanation or debate. If you're offended by people asking what you're reasoning then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum. The whole point is discussion. I've made my case for Gana and highlighted the other day numerous faults that just aren't exceptable at this level. Do you not agree with each point? Why do you have an issue with any? If it was Walcott I was highlighting issues with would you even be bothered? 

Feel free to explain what has changed other than the opposition being poor in the day for most of those weeks. Closest explanation by the manager do far is the crowd! Also why didn't we win against Fulham and Palace, what did we do differently in those games. 

Alladyce managed to finish the same gap away from the top 6 with a much poorer unbalanced team that he inherited. What logic is there that he'd not have done better with this team with a full preseason and 5 first team players? 

I don't expect or want them to play like Barcelona. All I ask is they play for the shirt. If you're happy sitting in the cold watching players not give it their all then I don't know what to say to yer. I've got a minimum expectation for Everton players to have pride and play for the shirt. That's what the club have been like for me since I've known. To go from players who would dive in front of bullet for the fans to ones who aren't even arsed when we concede is sickening. 

Asking people to explain a point is fine. It's when people explain and you ask them to do it again - and again, and again, and again that it becomes tedious. At the end of the day it shows a lack of respect for people who hold different points of view to you, because you won't let it lie and feel the need to keep challenging. 

No I don't agree at all with your assessment that Gana is guilty of faults that aren't 'acceptable at this level', wherever you judge that to be. I find your analysis of him the worst kind of biased, myopic, unbalanced and unfair. We tore Burnley apart for 20 minutes yesterday and he was central to everything we did attacking wise, driving forward with the ball, playing with his head up, moving the ball quickly to keep us on the front foot. You can do all the 'oh that time he should have released the ball quicker to Digne' bollocks you like - I know what I watched, and I find your constant insinuation that you see and know more disrespectful. 

If you can't enjoy beating Man Utd at home 4-0 then I really do not know why you would bother going the match. And as for your last paragraph, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. What are you sickened by? Where is your evidence that any of these players don't care about conceding? When was the last time we conceded at home? Do you not think that might, just might, be the result of a team and a manager who are taking a huge amount of professional pride in performing to the best of their abilities for the shirt, the club and the fans? I mean honestly, please explain, I'm honestly fascinated by what part of conceding 5 goals in 10 games you find sickening. 

7 minutes ago, nogs said:

Asking people to explain a point is fine. It's when people explain and you ask them to do it again - and again, and again, and again that it becomes tedious. At the end of the day it shows a lack of respect for people who hold different points of view to you, because you won't let it lie and feel the need to keep challenging. 

No I don't agree at all with your assessment that Gana is guilty of faults that aren't 'acceptable at this level', wherever you judge that to be. I find your analysis of him the worst kind of biased, myopic, unbalanced and unfair. We tore Burnley apart for 20 minutes yesterday and he was central to everything we did attacking wise, driving forward with the ball, playing with his head up, moving the ball quickly to keep us on the front foot. You can do all the 'oh that time he should have released the ball quicker to Digne' bollocks you like - I know what I watched, and I find your constant insinuation that you see and know more disrespectful. 

If you can't enjoy beating Man Utd at home 4-0 then I really do not know why you would bother going the match. And as for your last paragraph, I literally have no idea what you're talking about. What are you sickened by? Where is your evidence that any of these players don't care about conceding? When was the last time we conceded at home? Do you not think that might, just might, be the result of a team and a manager who are taking a huge amount of professional pride in performing to the best of their abilities for the shirt, the club and the fans? I mean honestly, please explain, I'm honestly fascinated by what part of conceding 5 goals in 10 games you find sickening. 

I only ask for further explanation if it's not clear how the opinion is formed, if you don't like being challenged to clarify vague statements maybe a forum is not for you or you can just ignore me. There's been no disrespect and only insults thrown in retaliation and even then I don't bite at the first cherry. Seriously, a lack of respect? You've called me a clown on more than one occasion as your opening post. Which is actually a good example of your vague statements. Why don't you contribute more to that statement and provide an explanation why I'm a clown for critising the first half of Gana's performance. For fulness let me know how each poor play I highlighted is acceptable, educate me so I can take the red nose and wig off. 

I'm short you find someone disagreeing with you disrespectful, makes you feel stupid. If you don't like being challenged you'll never learn or have a robust understanding anything. You'll never be happy or those round you will be on eggshells. I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just pointing out basic stuff that Gana hasn't done well, reason I'm pointing them out is because posters like yourself say I'm just making it up, where's my stats, where's my evidence. So I put it up my observations at half time as I don't have Sky to record the match and do full analysis. 

You've blatantly not paid any attention to my posts then as I more than enjoyed myself with the result, one of the only matches I've stayed out after. I just didn't get carried away with the performance as Man U were very poor.

Did you watch the last 60 minutes against Burnley. They should have had a pen and had the ball in the net only for us to be saved by the linesman. During this we struggled going forward and Lookman was struggling to find a pass as his teammates were letting him down with their lack of effort/movement. Last 20 mins I don't think Sigurdssen made a sprint and the team struggled to string a couple of passes together. On paper a 2 nil win over Burnley is a good result and I'm happy with he result, but I'm not happy with the performance. If we play every week like this we'll fail to get top 6 again next season. 

In short the results have for the most part been good. But the performances haven't reflected them, we've flattered to deceive. We've played almost the same eleven in the same way each week, yet we never beat Fulham or Palace who are much poorer teams than those we beat. You look closer at the difference in performances and it was not us playing any worse it was a case of the opposition being up for it compared to the teams we beat. Another thing is, this system isn'tt creating enough. DCL has barely had a clear chance provided h during the good run we've been on. In short I'm looking at the bigger picture. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

You can’t argue with that, but isn’t it fairly obvious we’re improving as this season progresses, we just need to unlock the teams that put ten behind the ball 

That will come. We’re building a quality core squad. Big hopes for players like lookman and Onyekuru to add that extra bite off the bench next season in those games. Also add in a real quality striker - that makes the difference for me.

Im actually starting to believe if we get the summer right we could really push on next year and surprise a few.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

That will come. We’re building a quality core squad. Big hopes for players like lookman and Onyekuru to add that extra bite off the bench next season in those games. Also add in a real quality striker - that makes the difference for me.

Im actually starting to believe if we get the summer right we could really push on next year and surprise a few.

Agreed someone to stick in back of the net on regular basis is paramount. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Agreed someone to stick in back of the net on regular basis is paramount. 

Yep. I really wish it’s going to be DCL and I do think he could get there eventually. It’s just wether you get another striker who may or may not hit the ground running or stick with DCL and hope he scores more. What’s the bigger risk - especially given getting another striker will hinder DCL’s growth.

51 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yep. I really wish it’s going to be DCL and I do think he could get there eventually. It’s just wether you get another striker who may or may not hit the ground running or stick with DCL and hope he scores more. What’s the bigger risk - especially given getting another striker will hinder DCL’s growth.

Think we need to trust in Brands and Silva with that one, but something has to change whether it’s DCL doing the business or another striker coming in. 

If you were a poacher in a two up front you would want DCL to be your wingman he’d set them up for you all day. 

On 04/05/2019 at 21:37, pete0 said:

I only ask for further explanation if it's not clear how the opinion is formed, if you don't like being challenged to clarify vague statements maybe a forum is not for you or you can just ignore me. There's been no disrespect and only insults thrown in retaliation and even then I don't bite at the first cherry. Seriously, a lack of respect? You've called me a clown on more than one occasion as your opening post. Which is actually a good example of your vague statements. Why don't you contribute more to that statement and provide an explanation why I'm a clown for critising the first half of Gana's performance. For fulness let me know how each poor play I highlighted is acceptable, educate me so I can take the red nose and wig off. 

I'm short you find someone disagreeing with you disrespectful, makes you feel stupid. If you don't like being challenged you'll never learn or have a robust understanding anything. You'll never be happy or those round you will be on eggshells. I'm not asking you to agree with me, I'm just pointing out basic stuff that Gana hasn't done well, reason I'm pointing them out is because posters like yourself say I'm just making it up, where's my stats, where's my evidence. So I put it up my observations at half time as I don't have Sky to record the match and do full analysis. 

You've blatantly not paid any attention to my posts then as I more than enjoyed myself with the result, one of the only matches I've stayed out after. I just didn't get carried away with the performance as Man U were very poor.

Did you watch the last 60 minutes against Burnley. They should have had a pen and had the ball in the net only for us to be saved by the linesman. During this we struggled going forward and Lookman was struggling to find a pass as his teammates were letting him down with their lack of effort/movement. Last 20 mins I don't think Sigurdssen made a sprint and the team struggled to string a couple of passes together. On paper a 2 nil win over Burnley is a good result and I'm happy with he result, but I'm not happy with the performance. If we play every week like this we'll fail to get top 6 again next season. 

In short the results have for the most part been good. But the performances haven't reflected them, we've flattered to deceive. We've played almost the same eleven in the same way each week, yet we never beat Fulham or Palace who are much poorer teams than those we beat. You look closer at the difference in performances and it was not us playing any worse it was a case of the opposition being up for it compared to the teams we beat. Another thing is, this system isn'ttt creating enough. DCL has barely had a clear chance provided h during the good run we've been on. In short I'm looking at the bigger picture. 

See this is typical of you. You said you were sickened by players not caring when they conceded. I asked for explanation/evidence, especially in light of only conceding 5 goals in 10 games. You've completely ducked that. That's why I and others have a problem with you're 'engaging in debate' line. You're like a politician, you only want to discuss what suits your purposes. You make OTT statements like that all the time but refuse to back them up when challenged. That's what makes 'debating' with you incredibly frustrating. 

3 hours ago, nogs said:

See this is typical of you. You said you were sickened by players not caring when they conceded. I asked for explanation/evidence, especially in light of only conceding 5 goals in 10 games. You've completely ducked that. That's why I and others have a problem with you're 'engaging in debate' line. You're like a politician, you only want to discuss what suits your purposes. You make OTT statements like that all the time but refuse to back them up when challenged. That's what makes 'debating' with you incredibly frustrating. 

I've said countless times that some players don't try hard enough, care enough or look too bothered. Some are even smiling walking off the pitch after a defeat. You moan I repeat myself but are asking a question that I've already answered. 

19 hours ago, pete0 said:

I've said countless times that some players don't try hard enough, care enough or look too bothered. Some are even smiling walking off the pitch after a defeat. You moan I repeat myself but are asking a question that I've already answered. 

Again, five goals conceded and one defeat in 10 - who doesn't care enough? Who is not doing their job? Where's your evidence? 

4 hours ago, nogs said:

Again, five goals conceded and one defeat in 10 - who doesn't care enough? Who is not doing their job? Where's your evidence? 

Jagielka 0:06, 0:20, 1:52

Gana 0:54, 1:49

https://youtu.be/GRqD48MQMpY

First goal Gana runs to the ball leaving his man free. Something I've banged on about all year. (not doing his job) 

Second goal Gana doesn't even make an effort to run back after losing the ball. (doesn't care enough) 

Jags three are all poor mistakes. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

First goal Gana runs to the ball leaving his man free. Something I've banged on about all year. (not doing his job) 

Second goal Gana doesn't even make an effort to run back after losing the ball. (doesn't care enough) 

How are you going on about Gana for those two goals and NOT having a go at Gomes AND Coleman.  Sure Gana left his man for the first goal (which he should not have done, I totally agree with you) but that was because Babel just walked into the box with Gomes, Coleman, and Jags in the area (Jags was marking someone though).  Could make a case he was trying too hard / using heart trying to clean up an unholy mess from his teammates instead of using his head and staying with his man (which in a hypothetical vacuum may have prevented the goal).

Also in that same Fulham highlights reel, Gana starts the move for our real first chance which DCL should have headed home.

Was Gana MOTM against Fulham? Not even close.  Did Gana have a good game against Fulham? Nope. Was Gana the worst Everton player on the pitch that day? Also no.  Does Gana ever have good games? Certainly.

Feel like the idiom "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" applies to all this Gana weirdness.

Edited by plaidharper
addition

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

That's pathetic Pete. Yeah we had a poor game v Fulham. As we had a poor second half v Newcastle. Again - where is your evidence that those performances were down to players not caring? And what about the eight clean sheets in the last 10 games? When are you going to answer my question and comment on those? Did the players care in those 8 games? 

And why are you dragging Jags into this? Are you suggesting that our club captain, with more than 300 appearances for Everton FC to his name, somehow doesn't care about the club? What exactly is the point you're trying to make?