IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Arshavin ive watched him a bit on youtube and he looks a really talented player dont need a striker thow IMO even if we sell james ahh well...

From what i've seen of Arshavin he plays more like a creative attatcking midfield role than a striker, he can play across the midfield. I think he'd be a very good signing.

Yeah... Pandev can defo play wide left, which would give us some balance to let Pienaar play centre or even right-ish. Cause to sell Arteta maybe, especially if he is at his highest value.

Ive never seen Pandev play so got no idea what hes like but I think Piennar is too lightweight to play in the middle and I would hate to see Arteta go at any price.

We need to be improving the squad not selling our best players

Ive never seen Pandev play so got no idea what hes like but I think Piennar is too lightweight to play in the middle and I would hate to see Arteta go at any price.

We need to be improving the squad not selling our best players

Pienaar is as about as lightweight as Osman, surely?

Plus, if Arteta is gonna go eventually - which he has already come about as close to admitting to as he could without saying it out right - then we need to sell him when he is at his highest value and hope that we can get someone in to replace him as well; right now, we probably as about as attractive a club to join as we have been over the past five years and we need to use that to attract certain types of players.

Pienaar is as about as lightweight as Osman, surely?

Plus, if Arteta is gonna go eventually - which he has already come about as close to admitting to as he could without saying it out right - then we need to sell him when he is at his highest value and hope that we can get someone in to replace him as well; right now, we probably as about as attractive a club to join as we have been over the past five years and we need to use that to attract certain types of players.

Precisely! Would you want a cm combo of Ossie & Piennar?

As for Arteta , where are you getting your info from, ? he has just signed a five year contract and is on record as saying he loves the club and wants to stay. Even his agent has said this week that he doesnt want to go. That doesnt sound like a player we should be showing the door.

He is by far our most ceative player why do u want him to go?

Tim Howard probably wants to return to the States eventually shall we get rid of him aswell?

We are never going to move forward if we are a selling club, we should be building the team around Arteta not trying to make a fast buck

Precisely! Would you want a cm combo of Ossie & Piennar?

As for Arteta , where are you getting your info from, ? he has just signed a five year contract and is on record as saying he loves the club and wants to stay. Even his agent has said this week that he doesnt want to go. That doesnt sound like a player we should be showing the door.

He is by far our most ceative player why do u want him to go?

Tim Howard probably wants to return to the States eventually shall we get rid of him aswell?

We are never going to move forward if we are a selling club, we should be building the team around Arteta not trying to make a fast buck

No. I never meant a combo of Ossie and Pienaar. How about Cars and Pienaar? Or Vogel and Pienaar? Albelda and Pienaar? Hell, put Manny into the mix somewhere. I think Pandev would be a better option on the left than anything we have right now and so he would be first choice, which means we can then fit Pienaar in elsewhere... ALSO if we have Pandev then Pienaar and Ossie and others can provide competition for each other, no?

I don't WANT him [Arteta] to go. But, he has already mentioned that he would love to play for Atletico Madrid one day and so it only makes sense to sell him when he is at his highest value... now I didn't say that that was this season or even the next, but eventually he would go and maybe if he did decide he wanted to leave this summer then we had better get someone in to take his place don't you think?

You don't understand; I'm not talking about selling our best players straight away. Instead, I am talking about being realistic if our most valuable player wants to leave one day.

Edited by Calico

Guest blueboy122

Y are we talking about arteta leaving he has just signed a contract he loves the club. you dnt make a good team by selling ur best players its all well and gud sayin sell arteta bring in manny and bently or who ever but we dont no if this will upset the balance of the team.

lets concentrate on what we have got. am sure alot of players in are team wud lik to play for their boyhood clubs. lescott may one day play for villa or who ever he supported. this doesnt meen its nesserily going to happen does it?

however i agree manny wud be a great addition to the squad but were wud he fit in and who wud u drop for him? correct me if i am wrong but wen we got manny in on loan last team i remember him being portrayed as a lik a carsley figure. defensive midfeilder. wa wud u say manny is: creater,winger,defensive mid etc...

Yeah, Manny is definitely more of an all-rounder, but you could say he plays a little deeper than, say Arteta, Cahill or Pienaar.

As for Arteta, he was born in Basque country and began his footballing career at Barcelona so I'm not sure if Atletico is his actual boyhood club. However, he has already said that he will end up at Atletico and, in my opinion, I think there is little chance of him not doing it; apart from anything else it'll give him a much better chance of being selected for the Spanish national team as well as live in his native country.

Just thought I would put this out there but what about a sneaky loan bid for Defoe?

Been told he can leave Spurs and only got 6 months left?

Need cover on a loan basis if possible for Yaks

I don't rate Defoe at all so I wouldn't want him here ever, but that's just my opinion. Add to it that he seemingly has absolutely no fucking ambition, he's happy to sit on the Spurs bench and even though he's been told he's surplus to requirements the idiot still wants to stay!

Daily Mail...

Everton are lining up a £600,000 swoop for Ipswich striker Danny Haynes.

They watched him in action in for the Tractor Boys in Saturday's FA Cup defeat by Portsmouth.

Haynes has hit three goals in five League starts this season.

Everton have been hit by Yakubu's departure to the African Nations Cup.

WTF? Where do they get their journalists?