IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

just heard Nolan has signed for the skunks for £4mil.

Surprised at him really. Still a bit early to be thinking of his pension fund, which is the only reason anybody would willingly throw their career down the black (and white) hole that is St James' Park.

Waste of a decent player.

Guest efctaxi
I was surprised at El Hadji Diouf moving away from Sunderland after 6 months only.... We could have had him on loan, might have been the striker we needed.

If we look hard enough , perhaps we can find a spitting image :huh:

Guest efctaxi
I'd love duff here... give ossie a (well needed) rest and pop stevie on the right.

I'd leave Stevie where he is . He is working well with Baines there . :)

Is that Duff beer in Jimmy's Avatar perhaps ?

He's working great with baines but the fact remains pienaar has to cut back onto his right everytime he wants to cross the ball. I'm sure he could form something on the right with hibbo/nev and a natural left footed left winger would be able to get more crosses in without relying on baines' over-lap to get them in every time.

Is that Duff beer in Jimmy's Avatar perhaps ?

Could well be efc. just been watching him in the live game and he is shite these days, a shadow of the player he once was. TBH I'm made up it was not him cus he could add sweet FA to us mate. I'm assured however that we did ask about him, breathes a deep sigh of relief :lol::lol:

From the beeb.

0855: "My Granddad is an ornithologist on the Mersey marshes and swears blind he's just caught sight of Juan Roman Riquelme on a plane coming into land."

....sounds reasonable to me :P .

Finally theres some news what we all have been waiting :jerry: :gay: :thumbsup_anim: :guitar:

• 1 month later...

Think it was on sky sports a while back that we were watching gunnarsson from coventry - on todays evidence he may be a good little signing. He looks quality on the ball with a good eye for a pass and his throw is as deadly as delaps (that'd get you half a dozen goals a season). Maybe could be the next gem from the championship...

• 2 weeks later...

We need a new keeper come summertime, nash contract up and he is shite, why sign someone worse than howard, not better, relegate howard to the bench.

My opinion - Joe Hart. Wants to go on loan at the moment but come summer i think he may consider his options, if not him then kasper schemikael wouldnt be a bad back up keeper to have, im not overly fussed on turner and ruddy, if they were good enough then nash wouldnt of been signed.

We need a new keeper come summertime, nash contract up and he is shite, why sign someone worse than howard, not better, relegate howard to the bench.

My opinion - Joe Hart. Wants to go on loan at the moment but come summer i think he may consider his options, if not him then kasper schemikael wouldnt be a bad back up keeper to have, im not overly fussed on turner and ruddy, if they were good enough then nash wouldnt of been signed.

Nash signed a 2 year contract with us, with an option of a 3rd year, so he probably won't be leaving in the summer.

As for Hart or Schmeichel, I rate them both very highly for youngsters and I would love to have either of them at Everton. However, both of them as it is want to play first team football, and I can't see either of them being entirely happy being second choice to Howard.

Howard can be good but when his form dips it dips for a while, beginning of the season it dipped and now its dipping, Hart is young, raw and bags of potential, he will be Englands number one without a doubt. Best english keeper to come through since god knows who. Better than any that are in the england squad at present moment imo. Would replace howard straight away.

Howard can be good but when his form dips it dips for a while, beginning of the season it dipped and now its dipping, Hart is young, raw and bags of potential, he will be Englands number one without a doubt. Best english keeper to come through since god knows who. Better than any that are in the england squad at present moment imo. Would replace howard straight away.

I agree with you Aaron that Hart really is an emerging talent, he definately should be England's first choice keeper in a few years. However I still can't see him coming straight into Everton and taking Howard's place.

I agree that Howards form was a bit iffy at the start of the season and yes he was at fault for the goal against Stoke, along with the rest of the defence, but I dont think he has done anything wrong apart from that. He is one of the best and most consistent goalkeepers in the Prem so I dont really think that we need to be looking to replace him

Joe Hart was good last season but he has been absolutely atrocious all this season, thats why City were so desperate to bring in another keeper. IMO he is nowhere near as good as Howard and so I definitely dont think he is good enough to walk straight in to our side.

There are other area of the side that definitely do need strengthening so I think it would be a big waste of money going after Hart

I think that Howard is the best man to have in the first team at the moment, for me the goalkeepers that I would like to see us choose from realistically are:

Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Scott Carson (WBA)

Ross Turnbull (Middlesbrough)

Nash is fine for the moment, he's not been needed so far. I just wish that Wessels would have stayed. He was a quality goalkeeper that would have really gave Tim a run for the first-team place. Good to see that he enjoyed his time here :)

Wasn't Howard at fault for Boro's goal the week before as well?

Stoke: Bit of a bizarre mix up between Phil Neville and Tim Howard as the ball came across from the corner. It seemed like a really sloppy goal to concede as it slowly trickled into the net at Tim's near post. I think that what was needed was a good boot upfield from Phil. He must have thought that Howard was comfortable with it. I think that it was case of Phil left it for Tim and Tim left it for Phil.

Boro: Was probably at fault for this goal, seemed to lose all concentration and flap aimlessly at it. He managed to do an impressive scoop out of the net but it was not enough, the ball was already in the net. Just good that he managed to keep this the only goal that went in.

Apart from those two occurances (sp?) he has been very good for us. His clean sheet record of late (bar Boro & Stoke) has been of three games, and before the Aston Villa game where he condeded he had a short run of two games without letting in a goal. I think it would be wrong to jump on Howard at the moment because he's a really good goalkeeper. Just needs to stay focussed 24/7.

It's not easy being a goalkeeper.