IGNORED

Ossie For England

MikeO

''If he maintains his form, and if McClaren is to be believed, it won’t be long before Osman pushes for a place in the England squad. Although there may be a tendency to compare Osman with other fringe midfielders such as Manchester City’s Barton, Bolton’s Nolan, Newcastle’s Parker or Tottenham’s Jenas, Osman in fact offers something extra perhaps even to challenge Chelsea’s Lampard or Liverpool’s Gerrard.''

This part made me laugh. Sorry.

The biggest thing that lets Ossie down is his stature, and I am afraid he can't do anything about - his ability in a bigger frame would make him a very good player, perhaps a excellent player and indeed pushing for a England call up.

But I am afraid a good big'n is always going to be better than a good littl'n.

"The biggest thing that lets Ossie down is his stature"

"But I am afraid a good big'n is always going to be better than a good littl'n."

I can't agree with you on this one Rob. i have'nt seen that many good Big'uns, but i've seen lots of good little'uns. I think its just a lack of pace that lets him down.

And you would never say that to Bobby Collins or Alan Ball, and remain standing for long. :D

Edited by Licker

Thats true but how often do you actually see Jenas play England? Not very often.

48846[/snapback]

thing is if the first teamers are lets say all out injured he gets the nod, i know what you mean but i think ossie should take jenas's place, training with england will only encourage him more to play even better and hopefully break into the team as hard as that would be like.