IGNORED

Andy Johnson Or Craig Bellend?

I haven't been on here for a while so I'm coming out of hiding to be a smug b*****d and say "I told you so!"

Along with one or two others on here I was calling for Moyes to sign AJ a year before he actually arrived. Many people were querying his record and claiming he only scored penalties. I saw a player with a great touch and finishing ability, great pace, direct running at defenders and a hard working team player who appreciates how lucky he is to be playing a sport at a level that most of us can only dream about.

Many people wanted us to sign Craig Bellend, a player who has never scored 15 goals in a Premiership season, is a complete tosser on and off the field and full of his own self-importance. An arrogant little p***k. What a contrast.

I don't think there are any blues out there now who would disagree with me that we made the right choice. AJ is the real deal...let's just hope he can steer clear of the injuries he has occasionally been prone to in his career so far.

Well done AJ - thanks for joining the People's Club and making us even more proud to be Blue.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been on here for a while so I'm coming out of hiding to be a smug b*****d and say "I told you so!"

Along with one or two others on here I was calling for Moyes to sign AJ a year before he actually arrived. Many people were querying his record and claiming he only scored penalties. I saw a player with a great touch and finishing ability, great pace, direct running at defenders and a hard working team player who appreciates how lucky he is to be playing a sport at a level that most of us can only dream about.

Many people wanted us to sign Craig Bellend, a player who has never scored 15 goals in a Premiership season, is a complete tosser on and off the field and full of his own self-importance. An arrogant little p***k. What a contrast.

I don't think there are any blues out there now who would disagree with me that we made the right choice. AJ is the real deal...let's just hope he can steer clear of the injuries he has occasionally been prone to in his career so far.

Well done AJ - thanks for joining the People's Club and making us even more proud to be Blue.

50672[/snapback]

Smug Ba5tard :D:D:D

I think at that time we would have been happy to sign Donald Duck we were in such a bad position in the league.

Bellamy would have been a very good signing for us, he's got pace, he scores goals, and also makes goals for other players.

Personally i think he has gone to the wrong Club, he's a player who needs to play every game, and because of the rotation system at RedS he wont be doing that.

Thats when the bad side takes over and he gets himself Disliked, He doesnt have to win any popularity contests with me, as long as he does the business on the pitch.

Having said that, i am more than pleased that we have aquired Andy Johnsons services, because at the mo he is top draw. Long may it continue.

PS.............no reason for you to feel smug cos you said....................

""Along with one or two others on here I was calling for Moyes to sign AJ ""

Dont you mean 1 or 2 THOUSAND others. <_<

Licker.

50672[/snapback]

The same can be said for Bellamy as well. (the bold part).

He's had problems at Newcastle, definately. But Souness being a prick of a manager had a major part to play in it as well. He worked his balls off at Celtic and Blackburn and has definately made the right noises when he came here. Refused a major pay rise as well and understands that he wont be playing week in week out for us. For me, that is commitment enough.

Bellamy has some valid points over Johnson as well. He's had more games and is more experienced. Has had more international experience albeit with a poor team, but that will defo help him against European defenders. I think his dribbling skills is better than Johnson but the finishing quality differs, not by much though.

He's a whiner on the pitch but doesnt moan at his own players. He can be a complete twit to opposition players and provides major pace and trickery to our otherwise paceless lineup.

If its A.J. vs Bellers, this defo isnt going to be decided in a 5 game period. I can see why they are being compared but have points on why they shouldnt. Johnson is playing in a lineup in which almost everything goes through him, correct me if i am mistaken. Bellamy does not. But even if they are compared, i can see both of them being major successes.

Our forward lineup is almost completely new and gelling has looked like a problem. Once Bellamy has gelled properly with the others, i can defo see him score a lot of goals for us.

I can see both players be quite successful for both the clubs.

Edited by xavier

Nail on the head Mikeo, I've always preferd AJ out the two as as you say attitude wise then there divisions apart. Bellamy is a cock, a fuckin horrible, sweaty, filthy ugly cock.

I wouldnt swap Johnson for any player at the minute, his attitude is world class and hes not a bad player either ;)

did not want bell end.. I think he is not a team player and would be bad for the dressing room... Not been hugely consistent and is not a prolific goal scorer... Bellamy sent the one of the best ( if not THE) Shearer derogetory text messages and shown no respect... also went to celtic introduced himself and told all the players he was having a team BBQ and they were all invited and said to his team mates " I know your not on as much money as me so i will pay for all the food and beer"... I'm Welsh and hate the arrogant little pr1ck... on the other hand Johnson virtually gives up his world cup place to help his team with promotion from the championship..... Speaks Volumes really!!! I'm sure after MOyes met bellamy he realised he was not right for the club.... Hes a big head and got a massive chip on his shoulder... did you see him come off against Chelsea??? he done fook all for 70 mins and still had the cheek to moan as he was coming off the field... wank3r....

Edited by binns True Blue

did not want bell end.. I think he is not a team player and would be bad for the dressing room... Not been hugely consistent and is not a prolific goal scorer... Bellamy sent the one of the best ( if not THE) Shearer derogetory text messages and shown no respect... also went to celtic introduced himself and told all the players he was having a team BBQ and they were all invited and said to his team mates " I know your not on as much money as me so i will pay for all the food and beer"... I'm Welsh and hate the arrogant little pr1ck... on the other hand Johnson virtually gives up his world cup place to help his team with promotion from the championship..... Speaks Volumes really!!! I'm sure after MOyes met bellamy he realised he was not right for the club.... Hes a big head and got a massive chip on his shoulder... did you see him come off against Chelsea??? he done fook all for 70 mins and still had the cheek to moan as he was coming off the field... wank3r....

50862[/snapback]

:D theres no contest here has to be andy j all the way ;)

Johnson is a much more effective player. Bellamy has a lot of pace but ultimately doesn't score many goals, which is what you want from a striker. Johnson is strong, not slow and can score goals. They would actually make a great partnership as Bellamy is good at getting out wide, getting away from his man and putting crosses in but if you could only have one it would have to be Johnson.

The off-the-field and dressing room stuff I am not so sure about. Lots of players are arrogant tossers and it comes out when they are not happy at a club. I have it on good authority that Beattie was considered a very nasty piece of of work at Southampton towards the end. Bellamy has a nasty side I think but falling out with Shearer and Souness is, I would say, something to his credit!

thats not a good thing xav. i cant stand bellemy. i hate him. AJ is just as good if not better and his attitude is much better.

ive seen so many palace fans STILL wishing him well and cheering for him. that because of the service he gave to palace.

bellemy is hated by every club he played for yes even blackburn

51055[/snapback]

Yep. I respect Johnson quite a lot, for not fucking Crystal Palace off when he could have. It probably cost him a place in the world cup squad but credit to him for sticking to his decision. Not many players do that.

Personally, i think the Bellamy being a twat story is a bit overrated. I used to be of the same opinion as yours at first but then realised that his antics were mainly associated with Souness taking that discplinarian thing a bit too far and that his record at other clubs has been quite clean.

Of course, his behavior at those two clubs (celtic and blackburn) could have a lot to do with the fact that these could have been his last chances at a good club. But credit to him for taking his chances. No?

My opinion of him improved a LOT when he rejected the paycut and also supported Rafa's rotation policy publicly by saying that when playing for a big club, its difficult for players like him to keep playing week in - week out.

He's had his problems in the past. But i'm ready to give him a fresh start. His attitude to LFC and our players looks spot on. He moans a lot, but thats only to the opposition and the referee

and the assistant referees. :D

I remember, in the Sheff Utd game when we were 1-0 down Paddy Kenny was wasting time instead of taking the goal kick. Bellamy ran all the way from the halfway line and back just to call Paddy 'A TWAT' :D

I'd rather have Craig playing for me, rather than against me.

Also, he looks like a quick learner and wants to be a success here, unlike Jermaine, who has repetatedly committed the same mistakes over and again. I still have a doubt whether Pennant will get his stupidity off him. But he's made the right noises as well. Hope he turns out to be the player, he never was, at Arsenal. But the Pennant argument is for another time, another thread.

I like Craig.

The same can be said for Bellamy as well. (the bold part).

He's had problems at Newcastle, definately. But Souness being a prick of a manager had a major part to play in it as well. He worked his balls off at Celtic and Blackburn and has definately made the right noises when he came here. Refused a major pay rise as well and understands that he wont be playing week in week out for us. For me, that is commitment enough.

Bellamy has some valid points over Johnson as well. He's had more games and is more experienced. Has had more international experience albeit with a poor team, but that will defo help him against European defenders. I think his dribbling skills is better than Johnson but the finishing quality differs, not by much though.

He's a whiner on the pitch but doesnt moan at his own players. He can be a complete twit to opposition players and provides major pace and trickery to our otherwise paceless lineup.

If its A.J. vs Bellers, this defo isnt going to be decided in a 5 game period. I can see why they are being compared but have points on why they shouldnt. Johnson is playing in a lineup in which almost everything goes through him, correct me if i am mistaken. Bellamy does not. But even if they are compared, i can see both of them being major successes.

Our forward lineup is almost completely new and gelling has looked like a problem. Once Bellamy has gelled properly with the others, i can defo see him score a lot of goals for us.

I can see both players be quite successful for both the clubs.

50718[/snapback]

disagree, bellamy isn't a good finisher at all... and as for more international experience i think thath ardly makes a difference at all....

he is a whiner, and when it comes down to it, if the question is (which it is) AJ or Bellamy? on the pitch atm its Johnson and probably wil lcontinue to be... off the pitch most definately Johnson, he's a better all round footballer, and better for the club

IMO

bellamy is just a prick

Theres no doubt they are both good players, but I dont think they could ever play in the same team as they play a very similar game. They both drift out to the wings to get the ball and take people on and both have a good cross on them. Im happy with having AJ myself because its goals that a striker is paid for, and so far he's delivering.

steel toecaps........................to kick him in the bollox.

pair of pliers..........................to pull his head from between his shoulders.

superglue..............................to stick his arm back in place, after he's beaten the shit out of him with the soggy end. ????????????????????? Maybe.

Edited by Licker