IGNORED

Tottenham (Away) 15th October

Romey 1878

14 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Spot on, and from that game we didn’t show any indication of being a counter attacking team, except for Grays chance. We’re still very much a work in progress, but it’s a better place than 12 months ago.

When you look at the quality of chances we create and concede we are statistically worse than we were this time last season. 

The wheels had only just started falling off at this point though so it will be interesting to see how that changes over the next couple of months. 

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I read Spurs had the fewest shots on goal of any of their games this season. 

That isn't true. 

They had 21 total shots with 7 on target. Last week they had 8 total shots against Brighton with only 3 on target.

It was 7 and 3 against Arsenal.

Despite scoring 6 they had less shots against Leicester (albeit with 11 on target).

They again out "on targetted" us against Fulham but West Ham before that held them to 12 shots and just 3 on target.

Aside from having far too many shots, they also had way too many touches in our box. 

Just as importantly all of these sides (bar Fulham) had double digit shots against Spurs. 

We had 4 shots in total, none on target. No shots at all in the second half. 

As I mentioned before the game, I have seen Spurs a few times and that was the worst I have seen anyone play against Spurs and that includes Leicester getting tonked. At least they were competitive in the actual game even if they suffered in the scoreline. We were a training game.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

When you look at the quality of chances we create and concede we are statistically worse than we were this time last season. 

The wheels had only just started falling off at this point though so it will be interesting to see how that changes over the next couple of months. 

That isn't true. 

They had 21 total shots with 7 on target. Last week they had 8 total shots against Brighton with only 3 on target.

It was 7 and 3 against Arsenal.

Despite scoring 6 they had less shots against Leicester (albeit with 11 on target).

They again out "on targetted" us against Fulham but West Ham before that held them to 12 shots and just 3 on target.

Aside from having far too many shots, they also had way too many touches in our box. 

Just as importantly all of these sides (bar Fulham) had double digit shots against Spurs. 

We had 4 shots in total, none on target. No shots at all in the second half. 

As I mentioned before the game, I have seen Spurs a few times and that was the worst I have seen anyone play against Spurs and that includes Leicester getting tonked. At least they were competitive in the actual game even if they suffered in the scoreline. We were a training game.

You're right. The initial BBC report stated that "the hosts' overall tally of four attempts at goal is their lowest total in a Premier League game this season". Now (after a hasty correction, I'm sure) it states that "the visitors' overall tally of four attempts at goal is their lowest total in a Premier League game this season". A slight difference.