IGNORED

Tottenham (Away) 15th October

Romey 1878

Gray brings fuck all to the squad. Gets us up the field and does sweet fuck all with it week in week out.

McNeil, not sure how patient I need to be but I've seen fuck all so far from him.

We came into the game fucking terrified of spurs. Got two lucky chances and didn't take them. I don't think we've had a shot in the second half it's embarrassing.

This "great defensive" record is a myth. When you look at our xGA we're far outperforming where we should be. Couple that with the inability to score goals and it indicates where we going to be by Christmas. Dom needs to hit the ground running or we're in trouble this season.

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Gray brings fuck all to the squad. Gets us up the field and does sweet fuck all with it week in week out.

McNeil, not sure how patient I need to be but I've seen fuck all so far from him.

We came into the game fucking terrified of spurs. Got two lucky chances and didn't take them. I don't think we've had a shot in the second half it's embarrassing.

This "great defensive" record is a myth. When you look at our xGA we're far outperforming where we should be. Couple that with the inability to score goals and it indicates where we going to be by Christmas. Dom needs to hit the ground running or we're in trouble this season.

You lovely ray of sunshine, you 😀

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

We were just on a run of 6 unbeaten and the mood around here was joyous, now we lose to two of the top teams in the league and everyone wants to burn it all down lol

Never change, TT. Never change.

It’s more the manner of the defeats mate. Everyone can see how limp we’ve been. 

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Still relegation fodder. Fuck all has changed.

Pretty much everybody predicted losing 2-0, so its an expected result really. 

I see much improvement on last season. This performance was better that what we watched against Man Utd.

Spurs are a lot better and further developed team than we are. They didn't play us off the park to day (like they did last season). We competed for much of that game. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

.... we're far outperforming where we should be. Couple that with the inability to score goals and it indicates where we going to be by Christmas. Dom needs to hit the ground running or we're in trouble this season.

This makes sense to me, however dismaying.  I’m already looking down, not up, the table, more interested in seeing whether 3 or 4 below us lose or take no more than a point in any match.

Got more “pleasure” today from Leicester-Palace draw and Forest loss than from watching our reversion to flatness and incompetence.

1 minute ago, badaids said:

I don't know whats happened the last 2 games but we've shown no movement, intensity or creativity in midfield. No service up front and coady and tarks cant, as solid as they look, cant be expected to shut out everything. That was rubbish.

Sort it out Frank FFS.

Certainly does not explain everything but I dislike how Frank has pushed Iwobi out right at times in the last two games.  Move him from the middle and we have nothing.  

2 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Certainly does not explain everything but I dislike how Frank has pushed Iwobi out right at times in the last two games.  Move him from the middle and we have nothing.  

He needs to be the front of the middle three with Onana and Gana in behind. Onana can break when the opportunity is there but we need iwobi advanced and in the middle to influence the game and pick the r right ball.  We completely lacked that toda. 

We started the game extremely slowly but managed to weather the Spurs onslaught, and then we grew into the half really well tbh. We got better with the ball and had the better chances of the half in all honesty - we at least needed to be hitting the target with them, because chances were always going to be in short supply with the game plan we had. At half time though, our game plan was working.

I'm still waiting for us to start the second half though. We were abysmal and offered absolutely nothing. Pickford has won us many a point in recent times but he cost us today - he should have held on to that shot and then knowing Kane is a diving shite he should have left him alone. Instead he gave him the opportunity to create the contact for the penalty and Kane duly obliged. Game over at that point.

We are a lot more solid, we didn't give many chances away against a good side, but our attacking play needs a lot of work. A hell of a lot. Spurs snuffed out Iwobi and then we had nothing.

you can blame the formation, the desire, the tactics, but when your keeper does that, from a very soft shot, then everything you do all week goes out the window.

And that is what worries me, we have changed a lot of personnel, but we have not stopped gifting goals to the opposition.

i know Jordon has played well this season, but it means nothing if the mistakes keep happening. And of course missing 2 sitters.

Edited by Tonsta
missed information

35 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Yes, very disappointing.  Last 2 matches, when Coleman goes out, Lampard moves Iwobi to RB.  I think Doucouré played there once or twice last season, maybe 20-30 minutes each time.  As plaidharper says, Iwobi is easily our best ACM.  Sure, he can play RB or RWB for a bit, but his great value is lost.

Put Doucouré there, in emergency, unless you think Coleman is an emergency from kickoff.  I don’t, but he can’t play 90 minutes.

16 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Yes, very disappointing.  Last 2 matches, when Coleman goes out, Lampard moves Iwobi to RB.  I think Doucouré played there once or twice last season, maybe 20-30 minutes each time.  As plaidharper says, Iwobi is easily our best ACM.  Sure, he can play RB or RWB for a bit, but his great value is lost.

Put Doucouré there, in emergency, unless you think Coleman is an emergency from kickoff.  I don’t, but he can’t play 90 minutes.

Indeed or even Davies who has played there a few times.  Just not Iwobi.  Patterson is a real miss. 

That was a very poor performance and I think Lampard will need to take a little bit of stick for it. I understand why he wanted to sit so deep and play the way he did but there has to be more from us on the counter attack. Our two chances, which were good ones, came from an error from Hojberg (under no real pressure) and Gray creating something out of nothing. It wasn't like they were worked chances that came from the training ground. It was like all we practiced this week was how to sit deep in a 5-3-2 block. Starting McNeil in that left back slot, ultimately cost us. He isn't a left back and he did nothing going forward. 

A lot of people will point the finger at Pickford, and there is no doubt it was an error, but as I say time and time again, if you allow opposition players time and space in your box like we did today an error will come or something will come from nothing. It is no surprise that errors come because we are inviting them. 

As for individuals my view is as follows:

Pickford made a big error for the goal but also made a couple of decent enough stops. The latter doesn't outweigh the former.

Mykolenko had a really poor game. Please don't tell me he is a good defender. Kane beat him for pace. Richarlison beat him for strength. He was done on the inside again and got booked. He didn't get tight to Son for a free header in the box. The list goes on. He also offers nothing going forward. 

Coady was my MOTM. I thought he was almost faultless. There was one time when he let Kane get away from him but that was it. He looked completely in control the rest of the game.

Tarkowski was up and down. He made some stunning blocks, he has a real knack for it. However, his game was littered with errors again. Even though he got back at Perisic, he was completely beaten by him. He always gives it his all, but he needs to improve. Lampard is giving his CB's the platform to look good and he is making basic errors but at the same time is just about doing enough to get away with it. He had no idea where Hojberg was for the second.

Coleman was given the runaround first half. He got better but he is just a lot of nothing these days.

Gueye had his moments of good and bad. The longer the game went on, the worse he got. Those early games were a bit of a mirage as I think he is worse than when he left. He is far sloppier.

Onana showed his qualities on the break again and generally box to box. He would be my next best but it was a way off Coady. He also can't finish.

Iwobi was completely anonymous. I feel like I could count his midfield touches with one hand.

McNeil was a strange choice in that position. It didn't work. He needs to improve massively. I am really disappointed by him as I thought he was better than this.

Gray is the same as always. One really good piece of play pissed up the wall. The rest of the time he was running into dead ends and losing the ball. He didnt have much help though.

Maupay was also bloody dreadful. He had little to work with but he just gave the ball away time and time again.

The subs didnt really do a lot. Dom barely touched the ball and wasn't an improvement on Maupay. I thought Rondon came on but I didn't see him on the pitch. Garner didn't impact the game apart from letting Hojberg completely run off him for the second. 

This was one to forget and we will need to do a lot more against a lively Newcastle team midweek.

Definitely an expected result, judging by predictions, but still a very disappointing one. Unless you have a real goal threat, you're going to struggle, and we simply don't. Tottehham, like United, have quality at the top of the pitch and that makes all the difference. Maupay is and was never the answer. Watching DCL today, I don't think we'll ever see him the way he was, sadly.  I do think we have improved this season (defence and midfield) but it didn't feel like it today.

13 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

If we're going to be a counter attacking team based on a stingy defence we have to convert the clear chances we get. Missing way too many of them at the moment and it cost us badly today. 

Spot on, and from that game we didn’t show any indication of being a counter attacking team, except for Grays chance. We’re still very much a work in progress, but it’s a better place than 12 months ago.

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't get all the negativity. We're not that far off winning points from Top Six teams. Of course we should hope to win every game, but what's more important is progress over last season.

I agree, I have seen far far worst performances.

Spurs have a good team and will be fighting for 2nd in the Prem this season. Good teams will help make performances look poor.

Biggest difference in the end was actually Spurs stumbling on a better formation when Richarlison was forced off. There was an element of luck there and they took advantages.

We know we lack in the final third, Lampard and Thelwall also know this.

We where still in this game for the most part.

So maybe no points today, but to me we are improving.

Last season we where simply shotting practice for Spurs.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I agree, I have seen far far worst performances.

Spurs have a good team and will be fighting for 2nd in the Prem this season. Good teams will help make performances look poor.

Biggest difference in the end was actually Spurs stumbling on a better formation when Richarlison was forced off. There was an element of luck there and they took advantages.

We know we lack in the final third, Lampard and Thelwall also know this.

We where still in this game for the most part.

So maybe no points today, but to me we are improving.

Last season we where simply shotting practice for Spurs.

I read Spurs had the fewest shots on goal of any of their games this season.