IGNORED

Best 3 matches, worst 3 matches of season

Not difficult to pick the top 3 for obvious reasons. I genuinely think we've only had 3 standout games.

1. Liverpool 2-0

2. Newcastle 3-0

3. Chelsea 2/0

worst.... let me see.....

1. Chelsea 6-0

2. Burnley 1-0 win

3. Palace 1-1

got 4 points out of the worst games .... tells you everything about where we are. Could have switched and changed with a fair few others Villa 4-0 etc but the levels in the 3 games I mentioned were atrocious. 

Luton at home was a massive let down for me…..we had a couple of good wins prior and we were battering them first 15-20 mins..then just awful after that.

I would also say both cup games where we were knocked out were massive lets down…Luton again ffs…..and then the pen loss to Fulham because it was a game we should have won and would have had a chance to get to a final.

In terms of good….the same 3 games as the other nominations. Chelsea/Newcastle was just a sweet run of games, especially with the points deduction.

4 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

Just thinking about season I thought of my 3 favorite or best matches and 3 worst.

My top 3

1. Everton 2 Liverpool 0. 4/24

2. Everton 3  Newcastle 0. 12/7

3. Everton 2  Chelsea 0  12/10

Worst 3

1. Chelsea 6 Everton 0 4/15

2. Aston Villa 4 Everton 0. 8/20

3. Wolves 3  Everton 0  12/30

Season's not over yet, reckon the Arse game could challenge in either section.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Not difficult to pick the top 3 for obvious reasons. I genuinely think we've only had 3 standout games.

1. Liverpool 2-0

2. Newcastle 3-0

3. Chelsea 2/0

worst.... let me see.....

1. Chelsea 6-0

2. Burnley 1-0 win

3. Palace 1-1

got 4 points out of the worst games .... tells you everything about where we are. Could have switched and changed with a fair few others Villa 4-0 etc but the levels in the 3 games I mentioned were atrocious. 

We lost 15 games this season. Only you would pick a win and a draw in your worst three. 😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

We lost 15 games this season. Only you would pick a win and a draw in your worst three. 😂

Worst matches - not worst results.   The Burnley game was awful.  The palace game - absolutely dreadful, they were decimated and had no manager. Felt genuinely fearful after those performances. 

On 12/05/2024 at 11:33, Boston Toffee said:

Just thinking about season I thought of my 3 favorite or best matches and 3 worst.

My top 3

1. Everton 2 Liverpool 0. 4/24

2. Everton 3  Newcastle 0. 12/7

3. Everton 2  Chelsea 0  12/10

Worst 3

1. Chelsea 6 Everton 0 4/15

2. Aston Villa 4 Everton 0. 8/20

3. Wolves 3  Everton 0  12/30

I can't disagree with those listed - performance wise. 

A couple of massive moments stick out form me, which I though impacted our season massively, Onana's pen miss that saw us go out of the League Cup, that was the start of our really bad run, and the second was Newcastle having a second goal disallowed when we went to there place(pressure was building massively by then), we went on to get a equalizer in that game, and the game after got the massive win over Burnley to end the non-winning streak (yes, I know Burnley was a shit performance). 

Chelsea thrashing also seemed to be a bit of a watershed moment. With hindsight, getting beaten up that day did us a massive favour as it seem to give everybody the kick up the backside needed - been excellent since.