IGNORED

Away at Arsenal 19th May 2024

Matt

3 hours ago, Matt said:

That appalling error in allowing the goal isn't getting the attention it should, because it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Absolutely outrageous, and everyone knows that, had it been us that scored after an absolutely blantant and obvious hand ball, it'd be disallowed.

I get more angry each time I watch it.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

That appalling error in allowing the goal isn't getting the attention it should, because it was meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Absolutely outrageous, and everyone knows that, had it been us that scored after an absolutely blantant and obvious hand ball, it'd be disallowed.

I get more angry each time I watch it.

Quite fitting that it was in the last game of the season, an ironic representation of the refereeing standards throughout this campaign.

Imagine if we needed three points to stay up?! It's frightening. 

• Arsenal achieved 89 points this season, which is their second most in a single Premier League campaign after the 90 points earned by their title-winning side of 2003-04.

• Everton lost their final Premier League game of the season for the 15th time – no side has done so more in the competition's history.

• William Saliba became the first outfield player to play every minute for Arsenal in a single Premier League campaign.

• Kai Havertz has become the fifth player to register 20 Premier League goal involvements (13 goals, 7 assists) in his debut season with Arsenal, after Thierry Henry in 1999-00 (25), Santi Cazorla in 2012-13 (23), Lukas Podolski in 2012-13 (20) and Alexis Sanchez in 2014-15 (24).

• Idrissa Gueye's opener for Everton was the first direct free-kick goal Arsenal have conceded at home in the Premier League since Philippe Coutinho's strike for Liverpool in their opening game of the 2016-17 campaign.