IGNORED

Away at Arsenal 19th May 2024

Matt

We should play with more freedom in our approach and try to go out and enjoy it, I hope we take the game to them and don’t go out with eleven men behind the ball, I’d rather we get beat trying to win it than get beat just trying to contain them. 
Im not sure how Arsenal will approach this in the sense of will there be a lot of tension or will they be playing with an all or nothing approach, it’s going to be caught in two minds for some of these players and that could be the chink in their armour that allows to win or get a point from the game. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Just thought I'd start the thread and say how different this trip to the Emirates would look to 2 years ago. If results go our way and we somehow win (we won't but go with it), we should really have 51 points minimum, 2 wins off the UEFA places. Despite that run.

Still, we're gonna get fucked as hard as the PL has fucked us this season like, just thought it was an interesting comparison with 2 years ago 

Christ can you imagine what it would be like with our squad and lack of money if we actually did get into a European league, I can and I don’t like it 😂

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Christ can you imagine what it would be like with our squad and lack of money if we actually did get into a European league, I can and I don’t like it 😂

You're bonkers.

Given what is to play for on Sunday, it wouldn't suprise me if we managed to get some sort of a result.

We go into the game with absolutely no pressure and a fully expected go get beat. 

Its a really strange game for Arsenal becasue they have to win in, but even winning it might end up meaning fuck all to them anyhow. They may already be a team feeling a bit defeated after City going ahead of them in the league in mid week.

Imagine the atmosphere in the stadium if City go a goal or two up - the Gunners will be glum as fuck and our away support will be giving them pelters.

There is a reason thay you can get 15/1 on us winning. However, if events go a certain way in Manchester, then there could be a very very deflated team playing against us after the first 30mins. 

43 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh I can't wait to see what the away fans come up with.

I always stream my matches through Opus an Aussie sports channel, they won’t be turning the volume down or playing over the crowd like Sky, the Aussies will be turning it up if we come up with some decent chants about the slimy twat. 

• Arsenal have lost just one of their past 27 Premier League home games against Everton, 1-0 in April 2021. They have beaten them three times on the final day of the season in this spell (4-3 in 2001-02, 3-1 in 2016-17 and 5-1 in 2021-22).

• Everton lost the reverse fixture against Arsenal 1-0, but have not been beaten in both Premier League meetings with the Gunners in a campaign since 2017-18.

• Arsenal have won their final Premier League game of the season more often than any other side (22, including the last 12 in a row), also having the best win rate in such matches in the competition (71%).

• The Gunners have not lost their final game of the season since 2004-05 (1-2 vs Birmingham City), and not at home since 1992-93 (1-3 vs Tottenham).

• No side have lost their final game of the Premier League season more often than Everton (14). However, they beat Bournemouth 1-0 last season, and are looking to win their final game in consecutive campaigns for the first time since a run of five between 2007-08 and 2011-12.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • Arsenal have lost just one of their past 27 Premier League home games against Everton, 1-0 in April 2021. They have beaten them three times on the final day of the season in this spell (4-3 in 2001-02, 3-1 in 2016-17 and 5-1 in 2021-22).

• Everton lost the reverse fixture against Arsenal 1-0, but have not been beaten in both Premier League meetings with the Gunners in a campaign since 2017-18.

• Arsenal have won their final Premier League game of the season more often than any other side (22, including the last 12 in a row), also having the best win rate in such matches in the competition (71%).

• The Gunners have not lost their final game of the season since 2004-05 (1-2 vs Birmingham City), and not at home since 1992-93 (1-3 vs Tottenham).

• No side have lost their final game of the Premier League season more often than Everton (14). However, they beat Bournemouth 1-0 last season, and are looking to win their final game in consecutive campaigns for the first time since a run of five between 2007-08 and 2011-12.

Are you going for an Arsenal win in the Predictions then Mark? 😙

7 hours ago, Gwlad said:

Same old questions and one said 'you have answered many different questions this season'. Sorry, for me it was the same old trotted out, week after week. 

I know, the imagination and thought process of some of journalists is well worth their university degrees. 

2 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

Commentator drivel. "Calvert-Lewin's best form under Ancelotti and Ferguson. Maybe he's missed Ferguson" He's been injured and fortunately for us Dyche managed his return.

Twaddle isn't it.  Then there's the log rolling that somehow arsenal might still clinch the league today, and portraying them as plucky little arsenal to take it to the last day.  They've spent massively to get where they are just like city.