IGNORED

The anti-Moyes Bandwagon

Louis

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And i would go as far as to say if i could buy just two players for EFC i could win the title for them. Ronaldo and Robben.

That's quite a statement Bill, you really think we're (financial constraints aside) two players away from a title challenging side? It's a fucking encouraging thought.

That's quite a statement Bill, you really think we're (financial constraints aside) two players away from a title challenging side? It's a fucking encouraging thought.

If you look at our squad from an outsiders view...............howard... hibbert...yobo.... lescot... valente.... neville.... arteta... cahill...johnson...beattie..osman, an outsider would say, and i also say, its as good as anyones outside the top four, with those couple of additions you'd have to say we would stand a bloody good chance.

Which of course leads us back to the topic........IS David Moyes getting the best out of this squad, i think not.

I think due to Moyes having been a defender that somewhat limits his skills, he gets his team to play as he would - Defensively. He needs to branch out and push the players not limit them.

that would bring the case for a more attack minded coach joining the staff?

EDIT: SAF was a forward was he not?

Edited by StevO

More to the point Howard Kendall was never the most attacking player either (in fact he was a defender before he came to Everton!)...we've been here before but maybe some new attacking blood in the backroom staff is what's called for. Promote Sheeds anyone? Or bring someone in....any ideas?

Edited by mikeo

Yes Actually He's Involved in something and i've forgotten! DAMMIT! But i agree the Youngsters that have been given a chance Vaughan Victor Rooney Osman and to a lesser extent hibbert, are all in the top division now, But we let a load of players go without even giving them a fair chance the manager is not always right when it comes to judging people, Throw all the Kids in at the deep end and then we'll get a good idea of the potential.

Just bumped this back to the top, cos i've just seen Dario Gradi (Cewe's Manager) talking on sky sports, he says that his present strikeforce of Varney and Maynard is better than Hulse and Ashton, in fact he says its the best he's had in twenty Years. :blink::blink: That is some statement.

His whole attitude is to build from the front, "score more than the opposition and you win the game".

I have two points... First should Moysey go in and buy these players while we can get them cheap, cos Hulse and Ashton havent done too bad and would cost about 10 or 12 million at present, Dario Rates them very highly and says they will have no probs Playing in the Prem.

Secondly... Is it worth bringing Gradi to Goodison in some capacity, Assistant manager, Director of Football, or just to bring on the Younger players, because his record for producing good young players is second to none, and i like his attack minded attitude.

Just a thought. :)

Decided to check in on this thread, and bring in an outsider's (LFC fan, American) perspective.

From what I've seen, I think David Moyes has done an admirable job with the club, given the financial restraints. I know MANY (outside of LFC fans) who think that Everton's talent is not top 8, but they are right there because Moyes gets the most of the talent that he has, and your side plays as a TEAM, rather than as a collection of individual talent. In other words, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. And I think Moyes deserves much credit for that.

You look at a side like Chelsea, greatly talented, yet the opposite is true: the "role players" have been sacrificed for "superstars" in every field position, but they don't meld well together. Thus, a team that has breezed to the last two league titles looks like it won't get to take three in a row. Some of that, I think, is on Mourinho, who "got what he wanted", yet hasn't found a way to mesh the talent.

Moyes deserves to be backed, by Toffee fans and more importantly, by the upper echelon of the club. He's a damn good manager.

But, that's just me...

Not saying Moyes is the greatest manager in the world and I too question his tactics from time to time. I did however find this article on Toffeeweb that makes quite interesting reading: Sack Moyes

Thought it made a few quite good points anyway happy reading :)

If we start sliding back into the relegation zone then calls for Moyes head are fair game but as it stands he's doing better than any other manager in the last 16 years. He hasn't spent a lot of money and we are looking like a solid top table team. The football is poor to watch at times but when hasn't it been in the last generation? We can't harp on about the 80s those days are over and we don't have the financial clout to compete at the very top plain and simple.

The teams who can, eclipse our entire season's transfer budget with the purchase of one player. The best we can hope for is 5th and 6th unless one of the '4' have a monumental disaster. We are 5 points away from that now if we win the game in hand against a dire Spurs away side. Five points away from achieving the realistically best possible outcome is a pretty good standing as far as I'm concerned. As for our stagnant Kenwright and his lack of funds that's another argument.

Moyes has done fairly well on a smallish buget, but he has wasted money on the likes of kroldrup and beattie, his problem is that his outlook on the game is a bit to defensive for the top flight, i think. we are to slow to put moves together and we shut up shop too early in games, and as bluetrip said, kenwright is another argument alltogether, the man simply does not have the resources to run a premiership club.

Excellent. :D:D

Gives a little perspective Bill doesn't it...should make even the most rabid anti-Moyes campaigner think twice....and even if you don't agree with it it's brilliantly put together.

Even funnier are some of the responses of people...apparently victims of total irony bypass...who took it seriously, for example..

Re: Sack Moyes

I just spat my cornflakes over my computer screen. Cheers, I was enjoying those.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!!!

Hankering for the days of Gemmill, Farrelly, Ward and Tiler. Jesus man, get a grip. I'm two years older than you so haven't seen that much more of Everton, but I'll tell you this; what you have written there, is the most insane rambling I have ever had the misfortune to lay my poor, poor eyes upon. I see some incredibly negative articles on here but that takes the biscuit.

I don't even have the strength to give examples, but I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your withered soul.

Richard Osborne, Birmingham (13/2/07)

OK so he'd only just got up but that's no excuse :lol: .

Edited by MikeO