IGNORED

The Second Test Thread..

Guest fozzie

Here we go...just keeps it tidy for all of us.

Posted my by Mikeo..

Unchanged team for the second test...there's a surprise .

But hey, we've won the toss

So england have struggled to 58 for 2 on a turning pitch with just one spinner in the team..frankly its time for somebody to go,Monty should be playing in this game..an utterly shocking desecion by england not to play him. :angry:

Ridiculous...particularly now after the first day. Amazingly we're three only wickets down after day one and you can still get 9-2 on an England win. If we had any sort of bowling threat we'd be favourites surely but Oz are at a best of 7-4. Madness.

They rekons from day 3 on the pitch will break up & force a result.

Big toss 2 win, we needs 450+ & to bat all 2day & a bit of morrow...Then we are in the box seat.

However, the match is very evenly poised @ stumps day 1.

Thought McGrath looked a bit ginger @ times.

Still wonder how we will take 20 wkts though.

Day 2 about to start.

Here goes.

Good to see the 2 100's about time..bell and collingwood far too similar players to come in after each other,it did indeed take KP to get the innings going.

But in all honesty you could play for 8 days on that track and just about get a result,so i'm going to stick my neck out and say this ones a draw.

Fletchers interview on sky...what on earth was he going on about when asked about the selection policy over Monty..one moment he said we needed 2 spinners if we batted first and the next second he said we needed to bat to number 8..sorry the mans on drugs..

Mcgrath..maybe this massive thorn in englands side over the last few years time is coming to an end..looked very ill at ease..fantastic bowler though.

U went to bed to soon Mike.

Whode have thought Colly would get a Second hundred.

I like him got a bit of metal. Maybe not as natural or as good as some of his team mates, but application, determnation & steel can over come @ times even the greatest of talent.

Here's hoping the Pitch falls to bits as were in the drivin seat.

( Wish weed had a day like this @ the Brizvegas test...LOL..)

Ha...Hayden out for twelve...go England!!!

And Martyn for eleven :lol: . 65-3 and I'm exhausted...grandson's just dropped off to sleep so I'm off to me bed...got them on the run though...time to bring Monty on I th...oh shit. Good luck anyway :lol: !

Edited by mikeo

I no we got thrashed 1st time out...But folks I tells ya lucky 1st test was last week & not this.

They can expect a top today in adelaide of 28 c deg,,,Whilst up here we gonna get 38 is 33 mid morn wif humidity in the 90% range.

with under a weeks turned around till the 2nd, phew we would never have recovered in such a short turnaround & the series could almost already be lost.

Strangely 1st test weather in briz was meek & mild 4 this time o yr.

LOL @ Oz physio who just tended to Gilchrist...."KURT RUSSELL"....!!!

Aye and bloody gilchrist played himself into form as well..been a very old fashioned test match though,something you used to see perhaps in india with the pace of the scoring