IGNORED

Who Do You Bank With?

Louis

i left Halifax for HSBC

Dear oh dear , ive bee getting stuffed with charges from HSBC for near on 6 years now but am in the process of claiming a couple of grand back under the unfair charges act .

Go to http://www.bankcharges.info/ cos if gives you a good idea as to how illegal the banks are operating and shows you step by step with pre printed letters to send to you loan sharks ( errr sorry banks ) to claim your cash back .

Wish me me luck and give it a try , the e-mails section has loads of people saying they never thought it would work and were pleasantly suprised .

Edited by Willo

Heard some stuff about that on the radio. Seems you have absolutely zero chance of a refund, because that would mean the banks admitting they're in the wrong but you have a good chance of them making you a "good will payment." :rolleyes: . Same amount of money, but they're acting out of the goodness of their heart rather than because they're thieving bastards.

Edited by mikeo

Dear oh dear , ive bee getting stuffed with charges from HSBC for near on 6 years now but am in the process of claiming a couple of grand back under the unfair charges act .

Go to http://www.bankcharges.info/ cos if gives you a good idea as to how illegal the banks are operating and shows you step by step with pre printed letters to send to you loan sharks ( errr sorry banks ) to claim your cash back .

Wish me me luck and give it a try , the e-mails section has loads of people saying they never thought it would work and were pleasantly suprised .

ive done a claim for the missus and for my parents, need to get moving with my own.

a guy in work just got £950 from his bank

Im with HSBC and fuck me they are shite, probably the worst bank going tbh. They took my bank card off me and said it had been reported stolen but I would have had to have reported it stolen and I never and it took fucking ages to sort the shit out coz they are all thick bastards. Have a lovely day people :) .

Heard some stuff about that on the radio. Seems you have absolutely zero chance of a refund, because that would mean the banks admitting they're in the wrong but you have a good chance of them making you a "good will payment." :rolleyes: . Same amount of money, but they're acting out of the goodness of their heart rather than because they're thieving bastards.

The banks will not accept liability but if you push it towards small claims court action they refund you in full stating that it would cost them more to defend themselves than the cost of the refund which in other words is '' we cannot win so here you go '' .

In the small claims court you can claim up to 5 grand , mines a little bit less but if we're talking pittance then there is no point with small claims actions i will gladly accept their '' gesture of goodwill '' .

Doesn't matter what terms and conditions you have signed with the bank they are breaking the unfair charges act of whatever the year is .

Willo - Im going to try and take back £310 from Halifax. Do you have any advice?

Go to that site i posted above it will explain it all to you mate , i'am shiote when it comes to stuff like this but it walked me right through n seems well easy n legal too .

The only advice i have really Louis is be persistant cos they will try to fobb you off , but you r in the right and they are not so just keep on at them and you will get your dosh back .

Go fer it Louis mate lets not let the ba5tards grind us down anymore . :D

I am currently with the Halifax, however, in the process of taking them to the small claims court for unfair charges. Hoping to get back in the region of £3,500 to £4,000. However part of the small print is that once the legal action is over, THEY have the right to chage any amount (within reason) for charges - as well as being able to close my account whenever they wish without notice...

So, I am going to take what money I can back...then run to another bank/building society...so far, I am considering Abbey National (that's who I have my mortgage with) or the Barclay's or HSBC as I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Anyway, for those who want a little more information about reclaiming your bank charges...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/saving-and-ba...mp;in_page_id=7

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I am currently with the Halifax, however, in the process of taking them to the small claims court for unfair charges. Hoping to get back in the region of £3,500 to £4,000. However part of the small print is that once the legal action is over, THEY have the right to chage any amount (within reason) for charges - as well as being able to close my account whenever they wish without notice...

Yeh i heard bout that mate but the best thing to do is open another account before processing your claim so if they do close your account you have something to fall back on .

I heard something about if the bank close your account then you may be black listed with other banks or something along those lines .

Best of luck anyway mate , they haven't got a fookin leg to stand on so you should come up trumps . :D

I studies Business Law and Finance at Salford University (albeit a long long time ago now!) and they can only black list you if you either default on payments or ask for an extension to the term agreement (or similar request). A lender can also lower your credit rating WITHOUT YOU KNOWING if you pay a loan or debt repayment early through settlement in some cases.

However, they can not effect your credit rating or black listing in this case as it is a legal agreement if they choose to pay before court action. After court action it is a court judgement which binds the bank from blacklisting in any eventuality.

Seriously, if anybody on this forum has been paying overdraft charges, which some banks like the Halifax fluctuate between £28 and £42, depending on the day, weather or how they are apparently feeling!, you really need to get all of your bank statements from up to six years ago, calculate the amount of unfair charges, add them up, add the interest and take action!

The immediate downside is that you have to pay a £10 charge for all of your statement up to six years ago, and if you are going to take your building society or bank to a small claims court, you will have to play the initial lodging fee of about £130. I have just lodged my claim and I am awaiting a reply from the Halifax so I will keep everybody updated with the progress.

If anybody needs any advice or copies of the letters, let me know and I will post them up in a couple of days if wanted. You can repay me with a pre-match pint once you have been paid out!

:)

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

You can repay me with a pre-match pint once you have been paid out!

:)

Will do mate anyway once i sort the HSBC out big time .

Nice one for the advice , am currently reviewing 6 years worth of statements to see what the unfair charges come to but already its lookin like a few grand .

Will also keep you all posted as to how i get on . :)

No.. it was a shitty little place around the corner in Newton Court, we'd look on in envy at your laminate floor and plants in reception. We had flea infested carpet, the reception door was blocked off by dell boxes so guests had to come in through the staff room which was basically two tables and four vending machines.