IGNORED

Cars...your Dream, Your History, The Present!

fcssl

Q1) So if you had a maximum of £50,000 to spend on a motor (I wish), what would you choose.

Q2) What car do you own and drive at the moment?...

Q3) What did you have before your current car.

My first car was an MG Metro, then an MG Turbo Montego (loved that one!), then Fiat Punto, actually I owned a few Punto's ending with a HGT which fell apart, then a Citroen Saxo, then a Mini (which I still have which the other half uses), the Tuscani, then my current car. Yes, I have wasted thousands on cars!

My choices...

A1) I would probably by a Porsche Caymen S for £44,020 and pocket the change.

A2) I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

A3) And my previous car was a Hyundai Tuscani (new model Coupe).

:)

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

You Bitch, that's my car...!!! ( 1 of 50 made with the modified Carrol shelby 428 is my dream)

Q1) Of course & Out of total selfish indulgence it would be a "1967 Shelby ( 428 Shelby Big Blok) GT500 Ford Mustang". ( Funny how the women in my life havent been as keen as me to blow cash on akin)

Q2) Current / Ford - Territory / Toyota - Corolla

( late edit: Funny how a fellow ends up more often than not with the lil Corrolla bought coz my Cruiser was orig 2 big yet has no probs wif the new shiny big Ford - A womens logic no doubt)..!!!

Q3) Last / Toyota - Landcruiser (3 seater - Diesel - Tray back)

Q1) So if you had a maximum of £50,000 to spend on a motor (I wish), what would you choose.

Q2) What car do you own and drive at the moment?...

Q3) What did you have before your current car...

A1) Defo a Aston... B)

A2) Nissan Primera (I've completely abused it so now its on its last 'wheels') :(

A3) A black H reg VW Polo...ahh the good old days :P

1....a TVR. 0 to 60 in 5 Seconds. and made in britain (blackpool).

2....a Sierra Saphire, Great fun and looked as good as the day it was made.

3....My age governed my latest choice, a Mundane Black Ford Focus. (wifes comment..slow down and act your age.) :D

SADLY.........no more Car shows or trips round the Circuts, Brands Hatch, Silverstone etc etc.

Nice car for the first one Romey...well done mate.

Liker, my other half was the same. When I turned 30, she instructed me to get rid of the little black sports car and by something more, well, adult like...hence the Grand Cherokee. Have to say though...sports cars are all well and good, but when you have to travel a long distance journey, nothing betters comfort...

What I am I saying...!!! Jesus...I have got old! Where is my pipe and my flat cap?

lol!

:D

I have been put of Citroen's for life.

Firstly, I bought a brand new Citroen Saxo VTS on an S plate, in a deep metallic british racing green. Was absolutely fantastic when I got it, but after 30,000miles and 24 months later, it was a bag of spanners and good for nothing. I would not mind, but it was cherished too...! I sold it ASAP as it needed new shocks all around, plus new rear springs and it had a crack in the exhaust cat box. Believe me, it was held together with what I can only describe as silicone sealant!

Then, five weeks ago, a Citroen AX decided to go head on with my company car. He was going for a mad overtake and hit me at high speed. Fortunately, my car remained solid and intact, (it is, I mean was, a Vauxhall Vectra), his car literally imploded, taking his wife with him. She was seriously injured because of his actions.

I just do not think the build quality of French cars is particulary good. The Saxo would rattle and bang away when driving on the smoothest roads - and when a car is as fast as the VTS was, you want to have a little protection around you for those touching cloth moments!

Edited by www.fc-ssl.com

I have been put of Citroen's for life.

Firstly, I bought a brand new Citroen Saxo VTS on an S plate, in a deep metallic british racing green. Was absolutely fantastic when I got it, but after 30,000miles and 24 months later, it was a bag of spanners and good for nothing. I would not mind, but it was cherished too...! I sold it ASAP as it needed new shocks all around, plus new rear springs and it had a crack in the exhaust cat box. Believe me, it was held together with what I can only describe as silicone sealant!

Then, five weeks ago, a Citroen AX decided to go head on with my company car. He was going for a mad overtake and hit me at high speed. Fortunately, my car remained solid and intact, (it is, I mean was, a Vauxhall Vectra), his car literally imploded, taking his wife with him. She was seriously injured because of his actions.

I just do not think the build quality of French cars is particulary good. The Saxo would rattle and bang away when driving on the smoothest roads - and when a car is as fast as the VTS was, you want to have a little protection around you for those touching cloth moments!

would have been still under warranty that mate!

Quite fancy the latest model Mitsubishi Evo for my "dream" car.

My first car was a 1.1 Ford fiesta which i cleverly put an XR2i body kit on so it wud go even faster!!

That wasnt fast enough so we sed bye to that so i could get my 1.6 peugeot 306, loved that car, even as it was bein towed away with the front end smashed in!!! What a bugger!!

Im now drivin another 306 but its a 1.9 dirty diesel cos ther cheaper to run, apparently!

Stevo...try getting anything from Citroen after you have paid for the car in full. Seriously, it is easier to get money off the tax man for free or blood from a stone...

They did not want to know...and at that stage, neither did I to be honest - it was just time for us to seperate, siting mutual differences I guess!