IGNORED

First Blues Result

MikeO

Here's an interesting one (I think so anyway), what was the blues first result after you were born? Mine was a 4-0 win over Blackpool on 15th April 1960 when I was a day old. Vernon (2), Harris and Collins got the goals. It was a Friday game (must have been Easter I think) and amazingly they played Leicester away the following day and got a 3-3 draw...imagine asking teams to play on consecutive days now :lol: .

Stats from this site...

>>>Everton stats Archive<<<

We finsihed League Division One: 5th place. & F.A. Cup: Runners-up.

However on the 22nd of March that Season we lost 0-1 to Nottingham forest.

The 2 Manc sides finished 1 & 2 in the League - & we lost in the Cup final to a side we had once famously rallied against to overcome a half time deficit. Sadly on this ocassion we went down 1-0.

The day after i was born we lost 0-3 to Grimsby. :blink: But we were already champions, and kept the title for 6 years until football resumed after the War. :D

Tommy Lawton was leading scorer with 38 goals in 43 League and Cup games.

Edited by Licker

Born on the 25th of June 1980 so had to wait until the opening day of the 80-81 season for my result which was a 3-1 loss to Sunderland .

Had a bit of a sh!te year and finished a dismal 15th on an even more dismal total of 36 points .

Lost in an F.A cup semi final replay to Man City 3-1 after a 2-2 draw and went out of the league cup at the unlikely hands of WBA .

Peter Eastoe finished top scorer with 19 goals .

Fookin sh!t season all round , story of my life eh :P

What ever happened to this European giant :(

Amazing story that was. Remember so well the first game of the 77/78 season...home to Forest. They'd come with a late run in the second division at the end of the previous season and just nicked the final promotion place, so thought it would be a nice easy win on the opening day. They stuffed us 3-1, went on to win the title and then the European Cup for the following two seasons...unbelievable. No money to speak of either...say what you like about Clough..he had something!