IGNORED

The Wigan Test

aaron

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not by any chance the best game ive ever seen, gutted about AJ but its a small comfort to know that we scored 2 without him, ive said before that kirkland is one of the dirtiest keepers in the league, either that or its just against us, he was just the same at Goodison in september,if we can play like that, score 2 and pick up the 3 points then im happy :D defending was shocking towards the end though and they dominated the possession

on a minor note, did anyone pick up on the commentator saying that unsworth had left us 2 weeks ago?and that he'd be familiar with AJs runs and cahill with them being former teammates?have i missed something?

Nice second goal for Tater, cracking cross by Pip and good work by Beattie in the build up. Anyone notice how slimline Beattie looked aswell?

Not a very good performance, but we managed to win so Im pleased. Vic played excellent when he came on, their defence didnt know what to do with him. I think Davies deserves some praise today, he was one of two who actually moved and made any penetrating runs a couple of decent crosses, I'd have him as my MOTM as their arent really any other contenders other than Vic and he wasnt on long enough to prove he deserves it for me.

not by any chance the best game ive ever seen, gutted about AJ but its a small comfort to know that we scored 2 without him, ive said before that kirkland is one of the dirtiest keepers in the league, either that or its just against us, he was just the same at Goodison in september,if we can play like that, score 2 and pick up the 3 points then im happy :D defending was shocking towards the end though and they dominated the possession

on a minor note, did anyone pick up on the commentator saying that unsworth had left us 2 weeks ago?and that he'd be familiar with AJs runs and cahill with them being former teammates?have i missed something?

:lol:

I noticed that aswell, I was sitting their like WTF!?

You at the match Andy?

Sorry Mikeo, yea, was at the match in the North End of the JJB. Was using my o2 Orbit PDA. Just got back home about 20 mins ago.

It was not the best of games, but at least we took 3pts away. Had to think that David Unsworth 'gave' us the penalty as he is still a confessed blue! lol

Thanks Rhino.

;)

3 points, bad performance, sign of a good team ?

Maybe not, most of the results this weekend went out way and we are now in touching distance of portmouth and bolton, but there stacking up behind us

Gota keep the momentum up now, weve not played gret for the second third of the season, let hope it all come together in the last third

Sorry Mikeo, yea, was at the match in the North End of the JJB. Was using my o2 Orbit PDA. Just got back home about 20 mins ago.

It was not the best of games, but at least we took 3pts away. Had to think that David Unsworth 'gave' us the penalty as he is still a confessed blue! lol

Thanks Rhino.

;)

just goes to show where his heart lies eh, just as well!

definitely, I could not agree more.

On a separate note, I do not get to travel away much, which I am hoping to change. However, I was shocked with Wigan. There was no atmosphere in the ground - for that matter there was nobody in the stands. It was like visiting the Halton Stadium for a reserves game! What also amused me was when we scored the penalty, the police had to eject a lot of people form the stands, obviously blues in the wigan stands - illustrating that they did not have that much support at all!

:)

good win, bad performance.

started alright but stubbs started shaky and carried that on all match. he was pathetic in defence kept making stupid mistakes and got bullied by emile fuckin heskey. davies kept giving the ball away. arteta except for his goals was shite, didnt do much. best player without a doubt was yobo, won every header and put in a solid performance. Unlucky for AJ but that was the turning point in the match, the team seemed to grow in confidence when he went off. Vic shone again, i was screaming at the tv for moyes to bring beattie, he played alright in the short space of time he was on, if we would have started with VDM and used wingers instead of passing through the middle i think thats where we could have got a few more goals.

after todays performance i cant see a result at analfield, draw at best unfortually.

definitely, I could not agree more.

On a separate note, I do not get to travel away much, which I am hoping to change. However, I was shocked with Wigan. There was no atmosphere in the ground - for that matter there was nobody in the stands. It was like visiting the Halton Stadium for a reserves game! What also amused me was when we scored the penalty, the police had to eject a lot of people form the stands, obviously blues in the wigan stands - illustrating that they did not have that much support at all!

:)

the attendace was 18,000

How many Everton there 5000 maybe

Nice second goal for Tater, cracking cross by Pip and good work by Beattie in the build up. Anyone notice how slimline Beattie looked aswell?

Not a very good performance, but we managed to win so Im pleased. Vic played excellent when he came on, their defence didnt know what to do with him. I think Davies deserves some praise today, he was one of two who actually moved and made any penetrating runs a couple of decent crosses, I'd have him as my MOTM as their arent really any other contenders other than Vic and he wasnt on long enough to prove he deserves it for me.

Couldn't agree more, thought Davies was defo on of the top 2 for us.

I also didn't understand why we played the long ball, with one up front and him being small what is the point? Lofting it up field meant that we cut out 5 midefielders and there was no chance aj could be a target man. Even if he did win it, there was no one there to flick it on to or pass it to. Thats why I think Vic played so well when he came on as you can punt it up to him and theres a good chance he can hold it up then bring the midfielders in the game.

I'm happy with the result considering the conditions we played in and there were a few positives out of the game that hopefully we can build on.

Edited by TrueBlue

also, further to my last...the Evertonian support there was fantastic today...yea, I know it is only down the road, but Wigan's support was shocking. They actually cheered for a free kick in their own half! Maybe it has something to do with the game of Rugby or something! I was well impressed with our following, there must have been between 5-6,000 in the away supporters end, and maybe a couple of hundred more in the home stands. And, the singing before, during, at halftime and afterward was brilliant...so much so, I have lost my voice again! lmao! The weekend could only have been made better if Chelsea had of won.

Wasting half a minute when we were only 1-0 up. Everyone does it...Ferguson took off Ronaldo this afternoon for the same reason...that worked didn't it :lol::lol: !

Hmmm... worked for us, not for them (MU)... tho I had thought we don't need to play time wasting tactics. So late in the game and defending 1-0 why bring on a striker, not a defender?

Edited by Droobie

for me, that was definitely a foul from Kirkland on AJ. He just went flying in, behind Unsworth, which looked a little to awkward for me. It is always the same though isn't it, the referee's seem to miss the important things! Thankfully, Unsworths foul was indisputable.

Not the 1st time we have seen Unsy Rugby tackle a striker in the box.

I honestly thought when AJ got smashed It was " All fair in love in War " etc.

we were shiote - Very shiote.

They were so much worse - I would like to blame the conditons & chopped up pitch.

But weve not be on song a while now.

Admittedly not a great day for Arteta, Cahill , Ossie etc to shine - but we got the points & thats a start.

1st league win of 07 in the bag.

P.s I thinK Wigan will struggle to stay up. The team, the crowd, all have championship written all over them.

the attendace was 18,000

How many Everton there 5000 maybe

6000 Everton! shit ground no fans, shit ground no fans!

enjoyed it there today, good atmosphere from our lads, read above for me review of wigan "fans"

won say much about the game apart from; davies got my man of the match, heskey is either a diver of has no balance in his body at all, and 3 points in the bag.

in the words of Mike Skinner; lets push things forward!