IGNORED

Arteta To Athletico

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

having seen barton's tackle on saturday i'd prefer nolan.he's also in trouble for gesturing to the fans again i see.

I hear what your saying, but is Barton any worse than big Duncan, whose elbowing, Headbutting, and punching, came around a lot more frequently, yet he was idolised by most supporters here.

Its so easy to slag a player off when he plays for someone else, but would the criticism be as forthcoming if he played for us. ;)

I would sign him tomorrow if i could, cos he's a winner and he would be a good player for us. imo

Get behind him if he came certainly but I'd rather he didn't. Think we criticise our players as much, if not more, than others Bill...too much sometimes though perhaps not for the reasons we're talking here. Dunc did have savage critics (Mac for one) and was only idolised because of the lack of anyone else to idolise for the right reasons or any success during the time he played. He'd certainly not have had the same support in the eighties team, but he would never have got in it anyway.

As for Barton being a winner? To my knowledge he's won nothing....he has the potential probably but you have to stay on the pitch to win, and to me, like I said, he'd still be a liability.

Who was more of a liability to any football team than Gazza, but managers at home, abroad, and England managers, where falling over themselves to sign him and play him. If the footballing side of his game outwieghs the social side, he's a must have for any team.

It takes a mixture of players to come up with a winning team, and you get nowhere without that type of player (BARTON) in your side.

I can see why everyone has a chubby on for this kid, he is a good player. But Man City ain't exactly shooting across the football firmiment with glory blazing behind them with him in their team.

My point is we have just gotten rid of a problem child, let's not saddle ourselves with another.

ATB

Mac

I can see why everyone has a chubby on for this kid, he is a good player. But Man City ain't exactly shooting across the football firmiment with glory blazing behind them with him in their team.

My point is we have just gotten rid of a problem child, let's not saddle ourselves with another.

ATB

Mac

Come on Mac he can't push the team forward on his own? In our team he would be one of a group (albeit small) of players that we look to.

Come on Mac he can't push the team forward on his own? In our team he would be one of a group (albeit small) of players that we look to.

Gerrard does for the RS, Henry does for Le Arse, Ronaldo does for Manure - these are all players who are looked towards to offer drive and effort and their teams are not the same without them.

I like Barton and feel he would offer us something a little extra, but not enough to warrant taking his baggage and suspect temperment.

ATB

Mac

Fair point Mark, but I have found the players I have mentioned are the focus of their teams, only a truely world class player will offer us what we need.

As shown with all the recent Fernandes "will he, won't he?" crap, we would place too much importance on one player and their ability to turn games. Barton is not such a player.

I love debating with you. :heart:

ATB

Mac

Fair point Mark, but I have found the players I have mentioned are the focus of their teams, only a truely world class player will offer us what we need.

As shown with all the recent Fernandes "will he, won't he?" crap, we would place too much importance on one player and their ability to turn games. Barton is not such a player.

I love debating with you. :heart:

ATB

Mac

But if he came to us we wouldnt be placing all the pressure on Barton, like at City, because with us he'd be one of a few that we can rely on, unlike at City where he's the player that they look to. He'd have alot more freedom with us and less pressure to turn a game.

EDIT - We can't buy world class players remember.

Edited by Romey 1878

I know we can't buy world class players, we can't even hold on to world class players we bring through our own ranks, but the coaching system at the three aforementioned clubs is so superior to ours it beggars belief.

Henry was not a world class player when Le Arse bought him and Ronaldo certainly wasn't half the player he is today when Manure bought him. I feel our scouting system needs looking at on that score.

ATB

Mac

there must be something we can do though?

Ah, the age old battle cry of the resentful Evertonian.

Don't think there is much we can do, a concerted "Kenwright out campaign" will achieve nothing, the man has skin thicker than a whales foreskin.

ATB

Mac

Ah, the age old battle cry of the resentful Evertonian.

Don't think there is much we can do, a concerted "Kenwright out campaign" will achieve nothing, the man has skin thicker than a whales foreskin.

ATB

Mac

He will kill our club though Mac, he's got no money and no ideas, it's not enough to run a premiership club, and thats before we get on to the subject of the ginger ninja and the fact he's a championship manager at best.

15 million, :blink: Cant replace him, :blink::blink: C'mon, he's good but he's not irreplaceable.

I'm unsure on this subject but when you consider that the Actim Stats read (Prices assumed by me):

1 - Frank Lampard - Chelsea - 25 mil

2 - Cristiano Ronaldo - Manchester United - 25-30 mil

3 - Gareth Barry - Aston Villa - :huh:

4 - Mikel Arteta - Everton - ???

5 - Cesc Fabregas - Arsenal - 20 mil +

So apart from Gareth Barry who would proberbly go for 8-10 mil or more if we're honest, Micky is definatly worth a chunk more than 10 million quid!

>>Actim top 100<<

Just a thought.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

My views are already posted earlier in this thread, 8-10 mill is a realistic figure, and if anybody offers 10m the Club will take it.

The cost to us was 2m two years ago, and to refuse ten for him would be committing suicide in a business sense.

Ten million will buy an adequate replacement. ;)

PS.. i'd sell the missus for ten Million, so i woudnt think twice about Arteta. He,s only a footballer.