IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone watch the 2 hour finale of Dexter on Friday? It was quality. Can't wait for series 5 to come on FX already!

In season 5 they focus even more on Dexter "the family man". It's still very enjoyable but 5 episodes in, the main storyline of the season (ice truck killer, bay harbour butcher, jimmy smits, john lithgow) is still not clear to me.

Best thing so far is that Julia Styles is the guest star actor for this season.

Fully agree with that.

The new series has started off brilliantly.

Did anyone watch the 2 hour finale of Dexter on Friday? It was quality. Can't wait for series 5 to come on FX already!

I saw series 4 a while ago but it is still one on the best endings to a series for a while. The moment you heard Rita's phone ring I remember gasping saying "Noooooooooooo"...

Watched Seven Pounds the other day (with no previous knowledge about what it was about).

I thought it was OK and I didn't catch on to what was happening for about 45mins.....then looked at reviews and saw some (Mark Kermode notably) were absolutely slagging it and saying the whole thing was obvious after fifteen minutes.

Was I being thick?

it is sadly..still watchable though! just keep her away from the latest one when they go to corrie :unsure:

blink.gif this the one where they had a Smart car as the Bug?

Oh, watch In Brugge the other day, thats a one weird film....

Edited by Matt

Seeing as I'd just finished watchign the latest series of Dexter and bloody loved it, I decided to order the first season boxed set because the latest series is the only one I've seen. After watching the first two episodes of season 1 I found myself wondering why the hell I hadn't watched it when it was originally on the TV. Absolutely brilliant!

Can't think of a single successful remake.

Stumbled over the "new" version of The Producers on TV the other night. Seldom have I seen anything so embarrassing.

Why people want to try and remake something that was done perfectly and difinitively the first time is beyond me.

Steve Martin's attempt at Sergeant Bilko springs to mind.....dross.

I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter films, think I am of a rare breed.

Have you read the books?

If not read them to the littl'un in a few years....that's how I read them. Great fun, particularly sharing them with a kid.