IGNORED

Arsenal

Dunny the Blue

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Premiership fan :)

If we do not sign Fernandes it will be a travesty. That little mazy run was fantastic. It's going on my phone when I find it !

Lee Carsley dedicated his man of the match award to Tony Sage (one of the kit men) who has recently lost his wife (or so I think he said).

good on him. i like carsley. even though his best days are behind him. he still puts in the effort and hes a great role model for the younger children.

when he leaves at least we can say he was a good servant to the club.

loved today lost me voice. good to see vaughn playing. he tried but he didnt do as well.

Lehmann was annoyed with Vaughan because JV jumped at the ball putting his body weight into the attempt.. on the other side of the ball were Lehmann's hands. I reckon if Lehmann if had not pulled out of the attempt he would have broken both wrists. Saying that JV should not have received a booking (referee was correct) as he did intend to get the ball and won it fairly without touching Jens Lehmann.

Not a very good performance by the team today but I don't care because we won. I loved the atmosphere after we'd scored (shame it was dead for the rest of the game) and I've now lost my voice.

Im one of Carsleys critics but today but he was easily our best player.

Well done lads.

Edited by Romey 1878

ohhhhh man! best match ive ever been to. the roof blew off. great finish by Aj it was woth going just to see fernandes's skill. I lost my program in the celebration i think i threw it hahaha. GET IN THERE YOU BLUE'S!!!!! :D

it had small talk with fernandes in aswell :(

Edited by Jackelz

Not a very good performance by the team today but I don't care because we won. I loved the atmosphere after we'd scored (shame it was dead for the rest of the game) and I've now lost my voice.

Im one of Carsleys critics but today but he was easily our best player.

Well done lads.

ARE YOU HAVIN a LAFF??? We played bloody great. And against one of the best teams in the league! I must admit that last week I thought I'd be happy with a draw. but as soon as the game started you could see we were up for it. The first 5 minutes of our game was better and more exciting than the 90 at the early game at Villa Park. If we can reproduce that sort of performance Eupope is a dead cert. Bolton are on the slide. 5th is in our sights. (spurs might disagree). The RS were SOooo bad yesterday that if there were more games remaining we'd be looking to catch them.

Thats it, i'm off, Its way past my bed time.

Great result today.

All all the lads put 100% into today.

We have played better football and we have also played worse football but at the end of the day we got 3 points with a great goal.

Thought Osman played quite well today but still loses the ball alot.

As Louis said MF little dribble in the first half was great.

I was thinking while watching the game yesterday and England don't have a real left back at the moment with Cole banned and Bridge injured there is reports that either Carra or Neville will play there however with the other neville injured one of them will have to play on the right back, however I was thinking that LEscott has played left back for Everton a few times this season and was wondering if it would be a good shout to call him up to the england team as cover as can play anywere along the back if need be????

An excellent preformance,full of spirit.Manny is a must buy.AJ proved his pedigree.We are in the runningand in a great position.But tough games ahead.As for Lescot for England ,he´s well good enough ,but do we want him given that level of exposier? :worried_anim: :questionmark:

Great result and some outstanding performances especially Fernandes. We started brilliantly and put them on the back foot, which speaks volumes for us against a top three side who havent lost a league game this year. Although I'd have to agree with an earlier comment, I thought Arsenal showed more spirit for the majority of the game, not class but actual desire.

As they came into the game we lost our concentration not tracking runs and backing off into our own area when they attacked. Confidence started going, players stopped looking to receive the pass and we reverted to type - ball over the top for AJ. When we won the ball back they'd have a player running 100% speed at the ball forcing the 50/50 direct ball.

Giving them this much respect with their fist choice strikers fit would have been a very dangerous game. I'm not going to labour the point but you don't need to be a world class player to apply pressure for an 90 minutes. We got a bit of luck which we have lacked in other games so it does even out over a whole season. Roll on Europe.