IGNORED

Aston Villa

jamiemaher85

OSSIE............... is a good squad player, wouldnt have played if Cahill and Fernandes had been available, thank your lucky stars we had him, or we might have had to play VAN DER MEYDE. :o:o

Some peeps are never satisfied and every team must have a scapegoat, he seems to be it at the Mo.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit disappointed with last night, we could, and should, have been 2 or 3 up by half time and that would have put a whole new complexion on the second half.

With just one goal in it Villa were always going to come out all guns blazing for the second and we paid the price for it :(

bit disappointed, we played quite well for the first hour, but end product wasn't good enough. i agree with whoever it was that said vaughan puts himself about but lacks something....i can honestly say i never see him being a "star". from what i've seen of Victor, he's got much more about him than Vaughan.

having said all that, i've just looked again at our remaining fixtures and i'm confident we'll get enough points for UEFA. B)

I think that unless we fall apart completely we're gonna be seventh at worst now. Can't see anyone coming from behind at this stage (was a bit concerned about Blackburn at half-time on Saturday though) so if Chelsea and Manure do the biz in the FA cup semis then I think we'll definately be OK for UEFA. Have to beat Fulham though and hopefully Spurs will lose at Chelski...maybe Bolton drop points at Wigan sets up the Bolton match nicely.

Osman - god help us. Get rid. Absolute shite.

agree 100% got to have been without doubt one of the worst players this season, should get 2-3m for himj would get another cahill from championship, got to be one out there in darkest deepest lurks of the likes of leeds or cov or someone like that!!

BTW my man of the was JOELY you have to be a defender yourself to understand some of the important tackles he made, think cars was as strong as ever again, pitty he just aint as good as we need!!!

sorry to go but does anyone else think we need a "ROY KEANE" in midfield??? dont think pip is doing the job, move him back to RB!! go out on the davey moyes wounderful scouting tour this summer find a hard man midfielder, has been know that i can fill that role myself but davey hasn't given me a call back as yet!!!! lol :lol:

Absolutely we do!

When players think they have won the match and start to take their foot off the pedal we need a Roy Keane to drive them forward.

When we are getting overrun in midfield we also need some real physical presence.

I think Davey know this - thus the Barton enquiry.

Lescott was excellent (again) yesterday. Thought Joey Y was a bit shaky.

Jolean fell asleep and let Agbonlahor go free for the goal, but hey Jolean cost us five million so dont have a go at him, Have a go at Osman, Hibbert and Stubbs THEY COST US FOOK ALL, Johnson was also shit but i dont hear anybody calling him.

since Unsy's gone all the Peeps just look for a scapegoat for every point we drop, ffs it was an away draw without Cahill, Fernandes and Valente. ........ Lighten up.

Tbh Licker Stubbs and Yobo were more to blame for their goal than Joley. Just because players havnt cost us anything does not mean they don't deserve to be criticised ffs. And I think you'll find I said AJ was shite last night, I was very disappointed with him and tbh he hasnt played well for the last few games.

Tbh Licker Stubbs and Yobo were more to blame for their goal than Joley. Just because players havnt cost us anything does not mean they don't deserve to be criticised ffs. And I think you'll find I said AJ was shite last night, I was very disappointed with him and tbh he hasnt played well for the last few games.

I think Both Licker & Zed were comming more from the angle of people should calm down it's one away draw not a string of losses!

I'm personally starting to get a bit pissed off with Evertonians and their up & down attitudes, we sound like a bunch of Kopites lately. When we're up we're amazing and when were down everyone gets ragged it's just senseless, we beat Arsenal through hard work and luck so we were never going to roll over Villa at their place were we??

Reality check.

Villa at home this year have held both Liverpool and Chelsea, lost only to Arsenal when they conceded the only goal (other than Lescotts) they've let in at Villa Park this year.

People are talking like it should have been an easy three points for us...shame it wasn't but not a disaster.

Edited by MikeO

well when you look at the way we played in the first half it should have been 3 points in the batg at half time!! i agree it was a good result, but do you not feel better reading that ppl are expectings us to win games at the likes of villa rather then saying "how many is it going to be against us" i must be honest i've always supported the blues since i was in ma mum and always will but this to me has to be on of the best season's i can remember, as for the comment i made about osman!! ok fair enough he never cost us anythin but my point was that he has been so unconsistent this year and think its time for him to move on, if we are going to go forward we wont do it with the likes of osman hibbert and cars, we want to be back where we belong. well thats all behind now lets look for a 4-0 win against fulham COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll just echo a couple of peoples sentiments already. It was a good result at the end of the day.

For all the criticism Moyes got the other month it seems laughable that people are moaning at a draw away at Villa. Think someone already mentioned this but this is also why the atmosphere has been somewhat dire at Goodison this season, we expect to win everyone below 7th and when we aren't, we, instead of getting behind the boys get on top of them. Our expectations have risen so much that peolpe are getting so annoyed with a point away.

Now all these claims that people are shit are a bit drastic imo. Yes they may not be performing to the high standard expected but everyone has a a dip in form, not one player can keep a high standard of football in every game he plays. It also seems to me that some Everton fans have become very fickle, there were shouts from people (I was not included mind) for Osman to be in the England squad, then when things go a little bad for him everyone jumps on his back and calls for him to be sold etc.

Now I'd understand this reaction if we were in 14th/15th position but at the beginning of the season I would have gladly accepted a 7th finish and with the possibility of us getting into Europe, that we are STILL on track to do, I can't understand why everyone is getting worked up about this result.

Lets put the effort we do in slagging the players off into supporting them and drive them forward.

ps. not questioning anyones support to Everton btw just thing people need to realise what great position we are and to lower the standards a little as we are not a top 5 team.

I havent thought much of Ossie all season but he is a decent player to have on the bench and can do a job when we need him due to injurys so personally I think the doubters should lay off him a tad.

Carsley does the dirty work and rest assured people you WILL miss him when he's gone if you dont believe me then ask any of the current Eveton squad!

As for Tony Hibbert I understand peoples fustrations as far as attacking minded play goes but he's one of the best defensive full backs in the leage and when you have some wet lettuce shitting out if tackles when he's needed most I'll remind you all of that too.

Just another opinion from the fish man B)

fish man not saying they are not good mate, just what i think that we are going to need stronger players if we are to be up there with the top 4 or 5, dont get me wrong i have not a bad word to say about cars mate think he's been awsome this year but might have to take a seat on the bench from next year as the old age thing is catchin up with him

I'm of the opinion at the mo that we need to get used to our current situation because the only way we are going to progress into that top 4 is by being patient. Many teams have got into our position before and gone shit or bust or sacked the manager in search of that extra push but it never works. I think we need to lead by example now we are here and show the rest of the country that here at Everton we dont listen to common opinion and we will break into that top 4 without massive investment or paying some journeyman "show me the money" manager a mint.

We need to accept it's the long game that will get us there & keep chippinig away at improving the playing staff while getting into Europe & learning as a club how to stay in once we're there. We need to focus on building our youth set up into something that regularly churns out tallent weather it be for our first team or to bring in transfare funds.

What we as fans need to accept is that we will be bobbibg around mid table for many years and the key to all this is not to expect a quick fix but be happy that we are working our nuts off for when the time is right!

Reality check.

Villa at home this year have held both Liverpool and Chelsea, lost only to Arsenal when they conceded the only goal (other than Lescotts) they've let in at Villa Park this year.

People are talking like it should have been an easy three points for us...shame it wasn't but not a disaster.

I totally agree. Getting a point is not the worset thing at all but it would have been nice getting all three just because of their recent form. Then again like you said they have been good at home this year. We just need to beat Fulham

Reality check.

Fair point but at the same time Aston Villa in 2007 have only played 5 games at home.

We really shouldve had em.

Edited by Maghull70

I think it was AJ that initially lost the ball but no-one seems to be blaming him. I thought Lescott played well yesterday. A draw was disappointing because we shouldve wrapped the game up in the first half but I have to say I wasnt overly confidant going into the game. Whenever EFC build us up (like v Arsenal) we are usually humbled in the next game. STILL, at least we didnt lose.

I sincerely apologise for expecting us to win against a Villa side who had only won 2 out of their 18 games before last night, even though we led at half time. I also apologise for criticising players when they have a bad game, I now know I should think the sun shines out of their arse even when they play like donkeys. I am so so sorry for saying what I thought of the game last night.

I sincerely apologise for expecting us to win against a Villa side who had only won 2 out of their 18 games before last night, even though we led at half time. I also apologise for criticising players when they have a bad game, I now know I should think the sun shines out of their arse even when they play like donkeys. I am so so sorry for saying what I thought of the game last night.

Mark . . . . . . . . . . . want some help with those toys? Your prams lookin kinda empty :P

Entitled to your opinion mate as is everyone else doese it realy matter if they differ??

Liam im not arsed if people differ I just dont like people telling me I shouldnt criticise players when they have a bad game, I praise them when they play well a la Carsley against Arsenal when I've criticised him throughout the season. I dont think thats very wrong really.

Mate you are extreamly critical of several players in the squad, these are the players who have made us a European challenging team rather than relegation strugglers in 5 years!!!

You are entitled to say what you like it's just sometimes hard to see how the situation could be any better without major investment & time.

Mate you are extreamly critical of several players in the squad, these are the players who have made us a European challenging team rather than relegation strugglers in 5 years!!!

You are entitled to say what you like it's just sometimes hard to see how the situation could be any better without major investment & time.

Does that make them untouchable then? I thought it was the here and now that mattered. Mate I don't want to just get close to Europe or fall at the first hurdle. I want to succeed not just flounder. If that's somehow wrong then I'll stop having ambitions for our club to have better players, and I'll say Osman etc have had brilliant games even when they've been a crock of shit.

Mark said "I just dont like people telling me I shouldnt criticise players when they have a bad game."

Didnt see anybody specifically mention your name, altho my post differed from yours i was addressing peeps in general cos several had mentioned Osman, Stubbs and Hibbert, and i did notice you mentioned AJ................

""Osman, AJ and Stubbs were crap IMO. In the end I was praying for us to pass to anyone but Osman.""

Just felt the need to defend some players against unnecessary slagging, after all they would not have been playing if we'd had a fully fit squad so we can be gratefull we have them, Osman has played over 30 times this season so the manager must think he's OK, and we all know Stubbsy does'nt have that many bad games, Hibberts had a bad season Healthwise so lets get behind them cos we are going to have to rely on these players till end of season, So many of our players have the Yellow cards mounting up that we may need a few more "Reserves"

Mark said "I just dont like people telling me I shouldnt criticise players when they have a bad game."

Didnt see anybody specifically mention your name, altho my post differed from yours i was addressing peeps in general cos several had mentioned Osman, Stubbs and Hibbert, and i did notice you mentioned AJ................

""Osman, AJ and Stubbs were crap IMO. In the end I was praying for us to pass to anyone but Osman.""

Just felt the need to defend some players against unnecessary slagging, after all they would not have been playing if we'd had a fully fit squad so we can be gratefull we have them, Osman has played over 30 times this season so the manager must think he's OK, and we all know Stubbsy does'nt have that many bad games, Hibberts had a bad season Healthwise so lets get behind them cos we are going to have to rely on these players till end of season, So many of our players have the Yellow cards mounting up that we may need a few more "Reserves"

The manager thought VDM was good otherwise he wouldnt have bought him and played him, same with Kroldrup, Davies etc.

I know Stubbs very rarely has a bad game, he's a good defender and had an off day. It doesnt mean it can't be pointed out that he played badly.

I don't think I mentioned Hibbert did i? Not his best game and was caught out of position a few times, but he played OK.

Does that make them untouchable then? I thought it was the here and now that mattered. Mate I don't want to just get close to Europe or fall at the first hurdle. I want to succeed not just flounder. If that's somehow wrong then I'll stop having ambitions for our club to have better players, and I'll say Osman etc have had brilliant games even when they've been a crock of shit.

You can do whatever you want, you know how ambitious I am for Everton I just dont see the point in building them up when they have a good game and smashing them down when they dont. You know me Mark I'm more of a middle of the road man where I know when we are good and I know when we are shite but I tend to treat both as everton all rolled in rather than good & bad performances.

The fact is we still have some relativly poor playing staff at Everton and we have a long way to go before we are challenging for anything. That was the sentiment of my earlier post where I suggest that we as Evertonians are going to have to develope as fans and become a tad more patient. The fact is we are going nowhere without a mirical or longterm good management which means a good few more seasons of grinding out results & accepting we have to make do with some very average players at times!

I aint been having a dig at anyones opinion in this thread just adding my own eternal optimist angle to the discussion :D

xsaint - we missed Fernandes massively. Which brings me to another point, for all those people who would sell Cahill (hypothetically ofcourse). Just imagine how weak our midfield would be if we failed to get Fernandes in and let Cahill go. Last night highlighted how our midfield options just arent good enough.

Liam - Trouble is Im an impatient lad :D Im not up for a bit of deferred gratification

Edited by Romey 1878

...Or did we missed Fernandes in this game? Did anyone felt that way? ... ")

:o IF anything last night made us realise how much we need fernandes he would have been the one in al the panic who would have put his foot on the ball and calmed things down and looked for the pass instead of the phip hoooof! Not a disaster as hopefully he will be back for fulham were 3 points is a must do.