IGNORED

Carragher

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher is prepared to quit the England team after being left out of the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia. (Mail on Sunday)

AWWW! :P

Two Points,

1) At least this clears the way for Lescott Jag(i cant remember how to spell his name) and Pip with one more defender out of the way

2) How Long Before He forms A Scouse National Side then

I think he's right to retire. He's pissed off that King was picked ahead of him when King had missed the best part of two seasons even after Carragher had been his usual dependable self. I was pissed off King was ahead of Lescott for the same reasons, so god knows how angry Carragher was when he's one of the best defenders in the country.

Had little sympathy, but then I saw that he said this...

'Some of the younger defenders deserve their chance, like Joleon Lescott at Everton, or Stephen Taylor from Newcastle,' he added."

...and he went up (a little) in my estimation.

I listen to talk sport on the way home and then presenter (cant remember his name hes a tit though) said "Is Jamie carragher bottleing it by giving up england

Guess who phoned in..... Jamie Carragher, it was hilarious, he did put his point across well and invited the presenter up to liverpool to tell him to his face that he is a bottler

He also said during the interview, and I quote " I was an Everton supporter as a kid, but know I play for liverpool and im going to put them first"

I respect jamie carragher tbh, about the only RS player i do. If he ever wanted to play for us then there would be no's from me. He is a class defender, class attitude and will always speak his mind (after the final anyone? Said the better team won and said forget the "handball appel" )

I respect Carragher alot. I think hes a quality footballer and seems a very decent fella of the field as well.

He was third choice defender (wrongly in my opinion, I think hes better then Ferdinand) for whatever reason but then to be demoted to 5th choice or so it seems (when Ferdinand was out King and Woodgate looked to get more of a look) is insulting the lad.

He should be playing for us, he doenst fit in with the rent boy gobshite persona that Liverpool players need :lol:

Listening to it it really is a case of him throwing his toys out of the pram. Was hard done by when King was picked ahead of him but should just think, "I'll show that Fucker (McLaren)," instead of taking his ball and going home...and I think that came out in the phone call. With a bit of luck McLaren'll be gone before long anyway.

He's Got a point tho, At 29 he's been to European Cup Finals and is the most decorated england Centre back, if he's not getting into the team by now then he never will, Mainly because the media is biased and would never allow a england defence that didnt have two london boys at the heart of it.