IGNORED

Steven Pienaar

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=48259

Everton in talks for Borussia Dortmund's Pienaar

tribalfooball.com - July 17, 2007

Everton are set to sign Borussia Dortmund midfielder Steven Pienaar.

The Daily Mail says the South Africa midfielder, 25, who shot to prominence with his Champions League performances for Ajax, is being lined up on a one-year loan deal with a view to a permanent move.

Manchester City have also shown interest in Pienaar but Everton manager David Moyes looks set to win the chase.

Couldn't beleive the write up on wikipedia.

Big Dunc is appearently his footballing hero!! I wonder what type of player he is!!!!! Look at his favourite footballing moment! :lol::lol: I really couldn't beleive it when I read it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pienaar

Steven Pienaar

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Steven PienaarSteven Pienaar (born March 17, 1982, Johannesburg) is a South African football midfielder currently with Borussia Dortmund. He previously played for Ajax Amsterdam in the Eredivisie after joining the Dutch squad from its South African satellite club Ajax Cape Town.

One of the more famous Borussia Dortmund players, Pienaar is a regular with the South Africa national football team and was a part of the squad for the 2002 FIFA World Cup. He also has 20 caps to his name.

Pienaar's first year with Borussia Dortmund saw him receive the number "10" shirt, previously owned by Tomáš Rosický.

Pienaar took over two years to score his first international goal and now he is a key player for the South African national squad.

He is rumoured to be joining one of the biggest club in the English Premiership - Everton FC. They regularly get crowds with 37,000 and are one of the most successful clubs in England. His football hero is Duncan Ferguson due to his aggression and anger. His favourite footballing moment was when Duncan Ferguson grabbed Stefan Freud around the neck and also for punching Paul Scarner and Fredi Bobic in the stomach. His all-time favourite crisps are Salt 'n' Shake and spicy Monster Munch.

yeah good but do you think is for real?

its in the daily mail and they are quite often right

"He(Vogel) was holding talks with Everton yesterday and could be followed by Pienaar within 24 hours."

Edited by Heather_6

i have the same impression as si (correct me if i'm wrong) ... consistency is a main problem of his. also licker that article is plain rubbish the ferguson n everton bit i don't believe for a second, he's more of a creative player...stick him on rooney n hes unlikely to do much damage

when i was younger u know when ur like dubbed of mate or teammates a likeness to a pro i was likened to pienaar to a few people for the consistency and temperament reasons amongst others... so it is a bit hit n miss with him, but maybe moyes could sort that out. but he does have the ability to unlock defences.

Edited by CraccerC

The bit about ferguson is from Wikipedia, which is a load of shit, cant anyone add info onto wikipedia, if so, I think some Evertonian has been on there being a bit mischievious

Good addition to the squad

Lets hope a good lef sided player now joins

errrrm ... i wouldn't say so tbh, not quite as skillfull he's more of a tempo player but he's got great vision for a pass

i'm suprised by this though ... if we get vogel ... i can't see pienaar playing ahead of cahill, vogel, cars, neville. might be as a back-up for cahill but it am suprised to be linked with 2 more central players recently ... come on moyesy wingers

Edited by CraccerC

His agent has come out and said it's a rumour and there is no truth in it whatsoever.

http://www.kickoff.com/stories/story11746.html

Recent speculation linking Bafana Bafana midfielder Steven Pienaar to a move to the English Premiership have been rubbished by his business manager Rob Moore.

Pienaar is said to be unhappy at his Bundesliga side, Borussia Dortmund, and the speculation has been fuelled by talk that both Manchester City and Everton are interested in the services of the 27-year-old.

“There is no truth to these rumours whatsoever,” Moore tells Kick Off

wide left :S i've only really seen him in the middle ... dunno where wide left has come from

i know this isnt much to go by but alot of football games i have had him on he has come as a left winger

i dont see why not give him a try there anyway he has plenty of pace and i bet he could wihip them in and get the odd goal

woops ahh well would have been nice

but acctualy the sorce isnt the most relyable ever and he is 25 also not 27

and what the hell is bafana bafana

Edited by Jackelz

The article was published today but they saying they refering to quotes from over a week ago

where u hear that? he was transfer lsited apparently last month ... so why his agent wud say he's not leaving when he's unhappy and listed is strange

If its on SS I belive its true, If they say we are in discussions then I belive them, I rekon that site is chatting the shit about him not wanting to leave becuase im sure I heard him being transfer listed ages ago..

Edited by Blue4Ever