IGNORED

Steven Pienaar

its defo ruddy mate, why do you say he isnt meant to be on tour?

The Everton squad for the tour is: Tim Howard, Iain Turner, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Tony Hibbert, Joleon Lescott, Joseph Yobo, Alan Stubbs, Mikel Arteta, Anderson de Silva, Lee Carsley, Leon Osman, Nuno Valente, James Beattie, Andrew Johnson, James McFadden, Victor Anichebe.

This is off official site.

He looks like eidur in the pic and not seeing his name on the tour put doubts in my head.

• 7 years later...

I like Pienaar, although he does seem to have lost his head this season.

I think most people like Pienaar, even I do (except for his diving and moaning). The harsh reality is he isn't going to get fit enough again and he is too expensive to keep on the physio table

Guest rusty747

This season is gone as far as winning anything or challenging for top six is concerned so it represents an opportunity to do some spring cleaning. Difficult choices need to be made but we need to look at selling most (but not all) of our over 30 or long term injured players and replace with younger, hungrier but not inexperienced players. It will not be cheap but if ever there was a time to put that process in place it is right now. We need a quality 'keeper, at least one quality centre back, back up in centre mid after the clear out and a quality winger.

I would like Ruddy or Marshall as the 'keeper with Hennesey as back up, Shawcross at cb, not sure about midfield tbh and Gerry D back on a permanent contract.

Ruddy/Marshall

Coleman Stones Shawcross Baines

Besic. McCarthy

Delefeaou. Naismith. Mirallas

Lukaku/Kone

Subs. Hennesey Browning Jags Garbutt Ledson Barkley Kone/Lukaku

Steel and flair together.

Howard, Robles can go, Hibbo gets a backroom position, Distin can go, Alcaraz possibly stats as a squad player, Gibson, Barry, Pienaar have to go, Ossie to be offered a free transfer or a back room position. Mcgeady has the rest of this season to deliver or he goes too.

Edited by rusty747

• 3 weeks later...

We wont get much for him and we really cant get rid of players who can play on the wings. We miss Pienaar this season and we need him back... And in form obviously.

The money wont be worth getting rid.

It is when it frees up a buttload of wages

Have it on good authority, he'll be out to Sociedad on loan in the next couple of days.

:jump for joy:

I hope this isn't going to be a repeat of las January when the squad comes out of the window weaker than when we went in

Agreed. I'm not so fussed if we don't replace Eto'o but if we let anyone else go then someone must be brought in. However, based on Martinez' comments about the youngsters showing their worth in Qatar I suspect he may be setting us up for those youngsters being the ones who will be seen as the replacements.

Agreed. I'm not so fussed if we don't replace Eto'o but if we let anyone else go then someone must be brought in. However, based on Martinez' comments about the youngsters showing their worth in Qatar I suspect he may be setting us up for those youngsters being the ones who will be seen as the replacements.

Yeah I think you are probably right

he's been spinning that line about the kids since he arrived. In reality with Garbutt possibly the exception, none of them have had a sniff. It'll be Barkley, Naisy, Rom & Kone on the wings before we see any youngsters given a go imo.