IGNORED

Werder Bremen

J*A*C*K*E*L*Z

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibbert Lescott Yobo Valente Neville Arteta Carsley Cahill Johnson Anichebe

subs: van der Meyde Beattie Osman Stubbs McFadden Jagileka Ruddy Vidarsson De Silva

Wiese Naldo Baumann Fritz Rosenberg Diego Sanogo Alberto Borowski Schulz Mertesacker

Vander Vranjes Jensen Niemeyer Schindler Artmann Harnik

That was a decent first half, we played some good one touch football and look dangerous from set peices. Lets hope we can get a couple of goals in the 2nd half.

PS. If anyone wants to catch the 2nd half, look for the 'sopcast' software on the internet and download it, it's a free internet tv streaming prog. I'm watching the setanta coverage for free at the mo. You just have to scroll down the channels and look for setanta1 :-)

Edited by bluegaz74

just got back. first half was great 3 great chances that should have been goals but the goal keeper made some lucky saves.

second half different story we only seemed to pull our finger out after we conceded. cahill had to go off injured. but all in all ok game they are in champions league and played a full strength squad.

hope cahill is ok

Edited by Foxon

solid first half by velente and then shown us waht he does in the second half with baines would have looked stronger.

jagielka seemed to slot in nicely

arteta = Fuck*ng brill!!!

cahill went off and it looked worying

osman looked sharp twisting and turning

anderson scored but looked slow bad touctch an cant pas the ball for a toffee or to one for that matter :P

VDM what a joke

anderson scored but looked slow bad touctch an cant pas the ball for a toffee or to one for that matter :P

How can u say that, he done a few bad passes but the 1st goal came from a nice switch of play from him to Arteta.

Good game, Neville aint good enough, he only looks good when every1 else is playing class, when we have bad spells in a game he is at the center of it.

Arteta was superb, De silva just needs to adjust to the speed of the game but he's quite good with the ball, Osman surprised a few people with some good ball skills added to his usual workrate, I Dont like the idea of playing Carsley and Neville together in the middle. Jagielka looks like he's going to be a usefull player for us this season, VDM will never get into the team this season unless we are down to a ten man squad. At the moment my first eleven would be.

Howard. Neville. Jagielka. Yobo. Lescott. Osman. Cahill. Carsley. Da silva. Arteta. Johnson. Carsley doing the usual holding job and Cahill helping out AJ.

Untill we get a decent left back i would have to play lescott there. think its obvious that DM is going to play 4-5-1 cos Beattie was left on the subs bench. Havent seen enough of PIENAAR to include him. it was a good warm up game.

only a 12.000 crowd.

he was fit running about and tryin his hardest.

i wouldnt say he was a joke.

if we played people bassed on that beatie would be first name on the team sheet im looking for someone who is going to do somthing for the team. maybee id get a game

he started of out wide then drifted in the the middle and had a couple of min spell standing in the centre circle doing nothing not getting the ball not finding space finaly thegt the ball out wide and lost it and they made a good attack from that he just really aint good enough.

I would love and i mean LOVE for him to prove me wrong but he is finished imo just a has been money sucker to us now.

was it only 12,000 the park end stand looked full, well i was sat there so i couldnt get a very good view lol

main stand looked empty, so did bullens road apart from the 20 werder fans who were knobs.

and gwladys looked quite full.

Edited by Foxon

was it only 12,000 the park end stand looked full, well i was sat there so i couldnt get a very good view lol

main stand looked empty, so did bullens road apart from the 20 werder fans who were knobs.

and gwladys looked quite full.

yer the park end seem pact out to me, first time ive ever sat there: i dont like the way you cant see the score board though for how longs left ect.

the werder fans were a joke there was a couple of red SHI*s down there with them getting them to sing steve gerrard songs how pethetic!

yer the park end seem pact out to me, first time ive ever sat there: i dont like the way you cant see the score board though for how longs left ect.

the werder fans were a joke there was a couple of red SHI*s down there with them getting them to sing steve gerrard songs how pethetic!

park end is a bit boring like no singin or anything.

i didnt see the red shites but i thought i heard the stupid gerrard song.

have they not got anything better to do sad cunts (sorry about my french)

How can u say that, he done a few bad passes but the 1st goal came from a nice switch of play from him to Arteta.

Good game, Neville aint good enough, he only looks good when every1 else is playing class, when we have bad spells in a game he is at the center of it.

we played well ... im with jackelz tho, anderson never caught up to the speed, despite his goal all he did was give it away...and im a big fan of his

Well Arteta was simply amazing last night and not even at full speed, can't wait for the season to start now.

But there were many disappointments last night...

Valente was poor, very poor and is so slow. We need Baines in left back desperately.

Neville can not shoot at goal if his life depended on it, we need a holding midfielder who can shoot on target.

Carsley was OK but again no real pace, hope we are not using him beyond his sell by date.

Da Silva just doesn't cut it for me, looked very amatuerish. Passing was poor.

Oh my god, why does Moyes play VDM :(

But there were many positives:

Yobo & Lescott looked solid together at the back.

Osman played very well when he came on, was very pleased.

Anchiebe was very good, just needs a goal to set him rolling.

Johnson was a soild workhorse.

Jags looked good when he came on.

Despite leaking 2 goals, always feel confident with Howard in goal.

Oh and Arteta was out of this world.

ok i was with you on his performance last night, but that's just because he couldn't get up to speed but if your telling me anderson isn't cutting it for you after he's been one of the best players of pre-season i'm just not having that

and why not play vdm? he was a little unlucky, wasn't like he was in the starting lineup. i agree that arteta played well, but out of thsi world? he didn't do much first half.

That is my point, Arteta played not at his best he has played but stood out a mile amongst all players.

VDM has no pace, you can see it in how he runs. A bit like Schevchenko, their legs look like they are filled with lead and they can't accelerate. So far I have seen no convincing skill from VDM that he is supposed to posses.

IMO Da Silva could not pass last night and indeed as I said look very amatuerish. Would like him to do very well and sign a longer deal but a 6 month contract shows the small doubt Everton have over his ability to cut it in the Premiership.

I acctualy have big hopes for anderson this season, i think he has potential there but some players just take longer to adapt. without a doubt he has lots of skill imo like he has shown consistanly through the whole of pre-season. At the worse id be happy to give him a place on the bench and see if he could shock us all and push into the first team witch would be good for competition.

He just needs to keep that and still have it under a faster pace and more preasure in the premiership and he will do just fine. loved the skill against real salt lake but then beatie missed the sitter.

would be like a new signing (as no body really expected much of him)

*edit*

the video :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cphFv-xX08M

Edited by Jackelz