IGNORED

New Goalkeeper

is anyone else worried about the fact that we only have one goalkeeper with real premiership experience.

if anything happened to howard long term i would crap my self.

i think we need to get a new back up keeper.

anyone else with me or do u think turner can cut it in the uefa???

Edited by Foxon

your killing of our goal keepers with clicks of figures here id like to think weve had enough bad luck with freak injurys allready. TC & JV

imo Id rather have ruddy or turner in vs bayern than no strickers or mids to play or no full backs for that matter.

i still belive goal keeper is the least of our worrys ;)

Turner was superb against manchester utd but made one mistake

the reviews he was getting at sheffield wednesday gives me confident that he could be a great keeper in the future

the goalkeeping situation is the least of our worrys...

baines signs and our defence is complete

midfield is fine (fingers crossed that vogel signs aswell)

if beattie leaves, we need a striker

Rumours say that Everton is interested in goalkeeper Stefan Wessels (28) from Cologne.. In his young years he was the reserve keeper behind Oliver Kahn at Bayern Munich, was then transfered to Cologne and amazed all of us with sheer mediocrity. Last season he extended his contract at Cologne by two years because manager Christoph Daum had promised him to be the number 1 furthermore - just a few days after that we signed a contract with colombian keeper Mondragon so now Wessels is free to go.

Just like Oliver Kahn he's a good one on the line and totally fails when it comes to qualities in the penalty area. Could be a good reserve keeper for you, not more.

Source:

http://www.ksta.de/html/artikel/1186212890901.shtml

Rough translation:

Stefan Wessels might leave Cologne soon. "Bild" newspaper reports he traveled to Everton as a reaction on his degradation by Colognes manager Christoph Daum who lets #1 Mondragon also play in the DFB-Cup.

Wessels announced a step like this some time ago: "Certainly i'm disappointed, we had another deal", the 28 year old said after Mondragon hat been confirmed as the new #1 in Cologne.

It's unclear if Wessels could accomplish in England. Evertons actual goalkeeper is John Howard vom Manchester United, but rumours say his manager isn't satisfied with him.

Aye, what we really need is a striker to replace beattie and some world class Central midfielder worth 11m (not naming any names), because to be honest i dont fancy having a central midfield partnership of carsley and neville. No disrespect to the players but i would prefer a more creative approach :)

Aye, what we really need is a striker to replace beattie and some world class Central midfielder worth 11m (not naming any names), because to be honest i dont fancy having a central midfield partnership of carsley and neville. No disrespect to the players but i would prefer a more creative approach :)

Phil Neville and Lee Carsley ARE our defensive midfielders, it's then upto Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Tim Cahill, Andy V.D. Meyde, Steven Pienaar and Manuel (if we get him) to surround those players and be the creative ones.

I agree that we need to buy another striker though, maybe not urgently, but we do. We still have pace in A.J. and we have the strentgh to hold the ball up in Victor, don't you agree???

Phil Neville and Lee Carsley ARE our defensive midfielders, it's then upto Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Tim Cahill, Andy V.D. Meyde, Steven Pienaar and Manuel (if we get him) to surround those players and be the creative ones.

I agree that we need to buy another striker though, maybe not urgently, but we do. We still have pace in A.J. and we have the strentgh to hold the ball up in Victor, don't you agree???

I disagree with you about the urgency to sign another striker, what happens if AJ gets injured tomorrow? Also we are going to lose big Vic when the Nigeria games come around that leavws Faddy & Luke , now that sounds desperate enough for me!

I agree lad, we play shite with them both together.

Guest blueboy122

i wud have just lee carsley and and bench phil neville although i lik him i prefer carsley as a defensive mid. moyes wouldnt bench his captain tho.

i wud have just lee carsley and and bench phil neville although i lik him i prefer carsley as a defensive mid. moyes wouldnt bench his captain tho.

Are you mad? Neville is a far better defensive midfielder, at least he is two footed and more mobile than Jan Molby wanna be Carsley. As for a new Goal keeper, I have faith in Turner.

• 2 weeks later...