Stephen Appiah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes yes yes.

Was we not linked with him a season or so ago and then he joined them instead. Not sure if we offered for him.

Like him when have seen him play but not sure what fee he would be looking at.

If the £6m that looking at for Manny for Benfica then maybe leave some money for someone like Diop who would not be happy if that was our main midfield signing would again maybe add something different to the team.

I still don't think that a midfielder will sign before the window closes but here is hoping

How much do they want for Appiah. ??

EDIT.......... this is why Harry wants to sell Nugent.

Schalke surprisingly announced that they had apparently come to terms with Appiah on wages after all. However, Fenerbahce refused to accede to their player's wishes, and on July 30, Schalke announced that no transfer would take place, as Fenerbahce had demanded striker Kevin Kuranyi in return for Appiah's release. On 29 August 2007 Fenerbahce confirmed they had accepted a bid of £6.35m for Appiah from West Ham United.

If it's us and west ham after him it'll show us what kind of a person he is because they'll obviously offer him more money!

Is he going to be another money grabbing bastard or is he gona be sold to moysies vision???

Edited by c1982

I've been banging on about this guy for ages.

Would love him here!

Fernandes was quality but I never thought he would be the tough tackling driving force we need (in a Viera stylee).

He would also save cost a lost less than Fernandez. Perhaps we could use that money to buy a decent winger (the last one was years ago!).

Imagine a midfield like this:

Arteta Appiah Cahill A.winger (SWP?)

Quality!

i would love this guy he has the skills and that.

but the main reason whhy is cas unlike manny he doesnt go missing when your backs are against the wall this guy will stand up and be counted.

moyes if you pulls this off your a legend

Stephen Appiah (born December 24, 1980) is a Ghanaian International football midfielder and the captain of the Ghana national team. In his native Ghana he is well known as " the black tornado" due to the fact that he is very dominant in the midfield and is also very strong. As of 2007, he plays professionally for the Turkish club Fenerbahçe SK.

A combative player, Stephen Appiah has a strong 'engine' and good tactical awareness. He is an all-round box-to-box midfielder who is able to defend as well as create and score goals.

Sound's ideal - given we had £12m set aside for manny - then a transfer fee shouldn't be a problem. He sounds as if he was made to play in the premiership.

One thing is for sure - every single one of us is behind us going for this lad.

Come on Everton pull this one out of the bag - love to see this by midnight on Friday

no doubt this guy is quality ive always liked him but i thing we need someone with a bit more creativity, its good we have aj and yakubu now but we need someone apart from mikky who can put ammo in to there guns

I think Appiah is the idea type of player (a bit like Joey Barton). A good defensive player, but also a good passer of the ball so can create chances as well, and can also finish - Your classic box to box type.

To me this type of player are basically like having one and a half players in your team - they can do the dirty stuff, but in a flash also deleiver those killer passes that mean you instanty go from defending to attacking the opposition - rather than a less cultured Carsley and Neville, who are second to none in the dirty stuff - but all to often lump the ball up feild or have to pass to a more creative player - thus slowing the whole move down.

Appiah is the perfect style of player we are looking for very much in the mould of players like Petit, Keane & Barton ideal for what we need. If we could tie this up and bring in a left sided midfielder or maybe try and convert Taylor from pompey we would have a serious fuckin team!!

Howard

Jags - Yobo - Lescott - Baines

Arteta - Cahill - Appiah - Taylor

AJ - Yak

That would scare most teams in the league!!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

And also what is the ave age of the team of that???? around 24-26 I would guess which is also a good age for a good few years.

Don't think we have any chance of Taylor, Appiah maybe as Sky Sports reported about Yak first I beleive.

Subs cover would consist of 5 from

Wessell, Hibbo, Neville, Valente, Pienar, Carsley, VDM, Vaughan, Victor

Not to bad on the bench where if need to bring someone in to cover someone should be ok.

starting sub bench of Wessell, Neville, Pienaer, Victor, Hibbo.

That way got cover for all positions on the bench