IGNORED

Riquelme Rumour Back

don't know how true this is, probably not at all

report from tribalfootball.com

Riquelme on Merseyside for Everton talks

tribalfooball.com - August 30, 2007

Everton are in talks with Villarreal midfielder Juan Roman Riquelme.

The Daily Mail says Riquelme, the Argentina playmaker, flies into Merseyside today for last-gasp transfer window talks with Everton.

Riquelme, 29, unsettled at Villarreal and seemingly on his way to Atletico Madrid, is considering the offer of a one-year loan deal.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=54688

reported a few places and think it starts from the Daily Mail so not as bad as the sun or sport.

Would love this but don't see it happening for 1 minute,

Just hope we get a midfield of that style in before the window closes.

Any chance we can get a clock counting backwards to midnight with how long left til window closes on the rumour section????

reported a few places and think it starts from the Daily Mail so not as bad as the sun or sport.

Would love this but don't see it happening for 1 minute,

Just hope we get a midfield of that style in before the window closes.

Any chance we can get a clock counting backwards to midnight with how long left til window closes on the rumour section????

The Daily Mail (in my experience) is often (behind the Echo) the most accurate of the newspapers out there when it comes to Everton news. Now I'm not saying this story is true, but there may be something in it. Personally, I'd be a bit concerned if we signed him. Sure he has big talent, but he'd probably just be coming here for one last pay day and I can't see him fitting into a 442 - I still have concerns about all of our central midfielders in 442, we need someone who can do everything like Steven Gerrard.

haaahaaahaaaa!!!!! you have concerns, get a grip buddy fair enough this is only a rumour but U have concerns about Arteta, & even Riquelme (if he came) my god us Everton supporters are soo fickle if we can get someone of his ilk we'd be buzzing & your givin it the bifters haahaahaa!!! we should change nil satis nisa optimum to Never Happy (anyone know what that is in Latin)??? answers on a postcard to Carlmc25

Edited by DRS_LUvs_da_Blues

Wouldn't want him for a second - he is a luxury that a team like Everton cannot afford.. Moyes has built a team that works for each other. Can you see Riquelme working back and making tackles?? I cannot..

His wages would be massive, he wouldn't fit into the team, and he would be sitting on the bench for the majority of the time...

Fine in Spain or Italy - not built for the Prem IMO...

Wouldn't want him for a second - he is a luxury that a team like Everton cannot afford.. Moyes has built a team that works for each other. Can you see Riquelme working back and making tackles?? I cannot..

His wages would be massive, he wouldn't fit into the team, and he would be sitting on the bench for the majority of the time...

If we got him plus Appiah I think Everton fans would not know what to think? 2 players on loan to fill the squad. All I keep hearing is "liverpool have got the best squad now in the premiership", well if we get Appiah on a proper deal and Riquelme on a year long loan, I'll be delighted, as Moyes likes to say. I think Riquelme is looking for a bigger move to the prem but wants to prove himself first.

Fingers crossed on both or either players today. I'll be watching the Everton website closely....

Riquelme is the man for us a player of sublime quality who will feed our two strikers up front and relieve a bit of the burden currently sitting on MA. From what i have seen of Riq he does a bit of the gritty stuff as well.

Everton Forever Wherever they may play

Edited by Granitecitytoffee

Imagin both of them, Appiah for cash an Riquelme on a season loan :smile_anim:

I couldnt give a shot about Grav signing if this happened 'coz there'd be no chance he'd ever get a game.

If we got Riquelme we wouldn't have bought him for his tackling would we? It would be because he can control a game all on his own, and create chance after chance .

I can see Riquelme working back he mad a fair few tackles agianst us in the CL and as for Yak well you dont often see AJ tracking back and actually doing anything!

Yeah but Riquelme is a midfielder - albeit an attacking one...

Don't get me wrong I know he's class but I just think that he would upset the balance of the Everton team

Ian Ross wont answer my questions about Riquelme! I send periodic emails to him and we usually have lenghty email conversations but he has read my email but won't answer. Either very busy or been told to keep quiet.....the conspiracy grows....

I have been emailing well trying! its cos everyone posts " Ian Ross etc... now if anyone fron everton look on here they will instantly know who has been giving info out. So no he jst says I can only go into the detail on the site, or im sorry cant say etc.. I took off on him because I was pissed off about the Fernandes business so he wont be replying to any of my emails anymore.