IGNORED

Sheff. Wed.

Sandman

do you think moyes will rest key players (spud, AJ, lescott etc) and give some younger players a chance? he should really give the ones who play all the time a rest in the carling cup, we dont want them burnt out by january. be nice to see players like boyle, vidarsson, lukas, agard (?) etc given a run out.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it be nice to rest a few of the better players, get a few youngsters and fringe

players involved...........AND win!

I asked the same question about the early european games against"lesser"opponents,

but let's be honest,over the last few years a few "lesser"teams have done for us in

cup compotitions!

SO!.....What to do?That's a tough one for Moyes,sure he'd like to rest a few,and give

some a run out,but his goal is to win the match.So don't expect too many changes.

Do players ask for a rest?......VDM asked for one once,and look at him!

I think VDM should be on the bench,for a few of the mentioned games,and if a few goals

up, stick him on to at least earn some of that friggin money we pay him,and give another

player a rest!

• 2 weeks later...

anderson is back from his loan, wonder if he'll start...

i'd like to see

wessels

neville stubbs lescott boyle

pienaar anderson jags vidarsson

mcfadden jutkiewicz

not very realistic ino, but i'd like to see the young lads given a run out. neville is only there cos he'll never be dropped btw. agard should be on the bench too.

Isnt Anderson on Loan At Barnsley Still?

Probably what happened in training he intercepted a "pass" from neville nutmegged Carsley and sent Pienaar free with a through ball, but moyes wasnt impressed by what he saw.

He's back but Barnsley want to take him on loan again. Why don't we try and give them one of Carsley, Neville or Hibert instead. They're all fucking useless for us.

Away from home could be a blessing for a team that could do without the pressure

of a home crowd getting at them after 15mins!......We should be too strong, even without

Arteta and Gravesen.Moyes has another chance to try things......one things for sure, the first

name on the teamsheet will be Andy Johnson!Plus surely another run out for Yakubu to

try and work on that partnership.

Wedensday will be up for this, a chance for their fans to forget their league position and it

wont be easy.They will believe we are there for the taking due to the last couple of results..

..that will be their downfall!!!!

best route for hillsborough is it m62/mi south anyone know

Yeah patto follow instructions below..........

Leave the M1 at Junction 36 and follow the A61 into Sheffield. Continue along the A61 for approximately eight miles. You will see Hillsborough Stadium on your right. This is not the shortest route to the ground, but this is definitely the easiest and avoids Sheffield City Centre. There is some street parking to be had if you arrive early, otherwise there are some unofficial car parks along the A61 that charge in the region of £3. There is also a car park directly behind the Kop and the Wednesday Club shop. It is called the wednesdayite car park and is open to fans of both teams. It costs £5 for visitors.

Another option is to park at Meadowhall Shopping Centre at the side of Junction 34 off the M1, where you can park for free, then take a yellow tram to Leppings lane, which costs about £2 return, it only takes about 35 minutes and you avoid driving in the match traffic, not sure how often they run but its much easier to escape from the shopping centre after the game, straight onto the motorway.

If you choose this option remember what car park you parked in, Theres hundreds of them. :huh:

Have a nice Day. :)

Arteta, Howard and Gravesen deffo out, prob Yobo as well according to the official site. No point in risking anyone even if they're close I'd have thought.

Everton from: Wessels, Ruddy, Hibbert, Jagielka, Yobo, Stubbs, Lescott, Valente, Baines, Osman, Carsley, Neville, Pienaar, McFadden, Johnson, Yakubu, Anichebe, Vidarsson.

I dont see Van der Meyde in that squad which is a surprise, cos the club have just lifted the ban on him supposedly to give him one more chance. He and Pienaar on the wings should be enough for Sheff Weds. Also would have liked to see da silva in the aquad, we need to experiment with our midfield

......................WESSELS......................

NEVILLE .. STUBBS.. LESCOTT.. VALENTE

V.D.MEYDE..OSMAN..JAGIELKA..PIENAAR

................ANNICHEBE..YAKUBU..............

SUBS. Ruddy, Baines, Carsley, McFadden, Johnson.

Time to experiment with the fringe players in the squad, and i can see the two big fella's up front frightening the life out of sheffield.

I can see a comfortable 2-0 win tonight. :)

I'm not so worried about Clean sheets at the moment its at the other end that bothers me, we have failed to score in 3 games and lost all 3, in games we have scored we win or draw them, its time the forwards came up with some goals.

We have a twenty million strikeforce up front with one goal between them, and Joly Lescott is our leading goalscorer. :o

Ok....It may be a bit early to expect Yakubu to be fully up and running(why is it?)..but

you would expect him to be at least showing signs that he is a class forward.AJ at the

moment needs that bit of luck,with maybe the other players going 100% to create

something for him......Yakubu at 100% :rolleyes:

Trouble is tonight that Wednesday will really be up for it.....BANANA SKIN lying very

close to where we are putting both feet!

another creativity devoid line up!

what i'm dissapointed with is that we've rested baines and yobo but replaced them with old players when usually we give the likes of Boyle a game.

dissapointed VDM isn't in there but obviously as mentioned in the VDM thread in general discussion, he's not been working hard enough with the reserves.

33 Wessels

02 Hibbert

05 Lescott

15 Stubbs

19 Nuno Valente

16 Jagielka

20 Pienaar

21 Osman

26 Carsley

11 McFadden

22 Yakubu

Substitutes

30 Ruddy, 03 Baines, 08 Johnson, 18 Neville, 28 Anichebe

:blink: Moyes are you sure with what you have done, Were going to lack alot in midfield missing our playmaker.

^^^ YESSSS!!! FINALLY

Edited by Blue4Ever