IGNORED

Middlesboro .. Team For The Weekend?

carlmc25

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's saying he'd like to see Baines playing on the wing.

Baines pozzi is left back and he's good there so shouldnt really be tried out of position but I can understand Sandmans reasoning. I think its just him wishing we would use wingers instead of lobbing hopeless balls in the box from the half way line. If thats the case then hes got a pretty good point.

exactly. we dont have a decent left winger (one who is naturally left sided) and baines gets forward and crosses, and lescott can play left back... so i just thought it would add something extra to the midfield.

My team for todays game

G: Wessels/Howard

D: Neville , Yobo/Stubbs , Lescott , Baines

M: Osman , Gravesen , Jagielka , Arteta

F: Johnson , McFadden

Faddy scores 1-0 for us after 18min played. Boro equalizer just before the half time whistle. we keep our heads up and fight sec half very good and DM will bring Yak in for Johnson after he has finally got the ball in the net , on 68 min. Then yak will tap in from close of goal after corner B)

edit if Tommy cant play midfield is Osman , Jags , Arteta , Pienaar

Edited by LexKing

exactly. we dont have a decent left winger (one who is naturally left sided) and baines gets forward and crosses, and lescott can play left back... so i just thought it would add something extra to the midfield.

And our best performances this season were with Lescott playing Left Back. Maybe youre onto something here Sandman.

Tim Howard and Mikel Arteta are back for Everton, but Andrew Johnson misses out for the game against Boro.

Alan Stubbs keeps his place in defence, while Yakubu, playing against his former club, partners James McFadden up front.

Leon Osman misses out entirely and there's a recall for Andy van der Meyde on the substitutes bench.

Arteta is joined in midfield by Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville and Steven Pienaar.

The rest of the defence consists of Leighton Baines, Tony Hibbert and Joleon Lescott.

van der Meyde is joined on the bench by Joseph Yobo, Lee Carsley, Victor Anichebe and Stefan Wessels.

3-1 win. Faddy, Baines free kick and a late twenty-five yard screamer from VDM B) .

Edited by MikeO

Greetings from sunny Tenerife and from my honeymoon.

Just on the way to the pub to watch the game.

As long as Arteta is back then i will be happy.

Watched the Villa game and we looked like had no idea what to do. Need someone like him to create something.

I take it that AJ is injured then and not just been dropped for not scoring??????

By the way I think if Arteta playing then going for a 3 v 1 win.

If not then think 1 v 1

Edited by Adam

Arteta looking great out there , not afraid to shoot, had a decent effort on both feet now. Faddy has impressed me with his game so far, had a nice on target header aswell but im still expecting something magical from him.

and ahaha at the commentator, they suggested that VDMs bench position was a birthday present from moyes ahahahah pmsl.

In the league its 3, so it said on sky sports then, I thought it was 4 tbh.

Playing pretty well tbh. Arteta is class as usuall.

yeah, what a difference Arteta is making, managing to make Hibbert look fairly useful again as well. Pienaar also playing very well, the less said about Jagielka the better tho - first I've really seen of him and he could (should) have cost us 2 or 3 goals already with some unbelievably bad passing in dangerous positions, really really poor so far (even worse than Neville). Everton playing much better on the ball than recently, but defending is absolutely 100% ABYSMAL again, Stubbs bringing order to the defence is such a fallacy, yes we're keeping a clean sheet but only through sheer blind luck, we should be 3/4-2 down. Middlesbrough have played very well, we need to sort out the defence asap. Hopefully we'll take control second half, but in future matches we can't afford to keep defending like this, let's get Yobo back in and push higher up the pitch. Considering we have Nev/Jags in midfiled there is little protection for the defence, quite what some Everton fans are raving about on Jags is beyond me, if Gravesen is fit he'd walk into our CM no problem. I'm prepared to give Jags another few chances but he is really poor today.

Clean sheet now and that'll be job well done. Got Lescott and Baines (plus Arteta & McFudge) in my fantasy team so it'll do for me.

Arteta's different class and brings out the best in others....Hibbo handling Downing comfortably most of the time, and Pienaar looking the part also (like to see VDM given a few minutes though personally).

Poor performance, great result!

Howard did fine, Hibbert played well as did Stubbs and Lescott.I thought Baines looked a bit more nervous than usual.All in all the defence did well considering the cover they got from midfield, time and time again the non exsistant midfield let Borough through.

Sure Arteta is pure class, but Neville was terrible and with Jagielka still not really geting to grips with his job and Piennar looking light weight the midfield was over run.

Up front McFadden fought and played quite well, and Yakubu! well the less said about the power house the better......though to be honest they would both have benifitted from a better midfield.

We rode our luck, when a draw would have been a fair result.But hey! 3 points is great going into wednesday.

Today! Piennar will get better, that goal will help.Gravesen and Cahill for Neville and Jagielka and a fit Vaughan and AJ will be better up front.

Cahill, Gravesen, AJ and Vaughan all potential match winners, add those to the free scoring Lescott at corners and most teams will have their hands full.

Few points on the game

Hibbert was great marked Downing out the game like he did last season.

Defense looked ok but when Yobo came on they never looked like scoring.

Neville was shite again.

Jagielka is not a midfielder IMO

Arteta + Pienaar were both class deserve joint MOTM IMO

Mc Fadden done well

Yakubu - ok he didnt do much but most of the time the ball was hoofed up between him and the centerback.

Anichebe came on and done well, some kid behind me was doing my head in shouting VICTERR was very annoying haha

We done ok but we really need a good center midfieder.